Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Hi fellas! - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Hi fellas! (/showthread.php?tid=2317)

Pages: 1 2

Hi fellas! - Llauma - 03-13-2013

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I don't know how many of you remains from when I was active. I guess most of you don't even know who I am.

I first joined the CiA server in November 2001. The guys had a private game but that specific evening they had an open server. I think the mission was called Wilkes Saddle. It was the CiA guys vs. the guests. I had no idea what to do so I simply walked around and killed the CiA guys. I don't know whether I was lucky or whether my absence of mission knowledge meant that I was unpredictable. Anyway, the CiA guys won the game easily but my elusive killing spree apperantly impressed the guys. CiA co-founder Iljurin contacted me after the game and I joined CiA. The rest is history. I had years of memorable moments.

Eventually I lost interest. Family and work kind of keeps you busy. Anyway, I thought I should drop by the server some time, if I'm welcome. My aim might be terrible but at least I remember how to hold the line.

Greets,
Llauma

Re: Hi fellas! - TonyMarony - 03-13-2013

Hola Llauma,

of course youre welcome! Good to hear from you! There are still some guys around, you will know (and they will know you ;-) ). Would be awsome to meet on the server. Comrade Bals dropped us a short message a few weeks ago, he planned to join for some nights aswell. Maybe we could set up a "VintagePlayer" Night with all the grandpas playing, i will join in aswell, hehe  8) .

Check your PM!

Greets

Tony

Re: Hi fellas! - Llauma - 03-13-2013

Bals still alive?  Smile Is he still struggling with his ISDN-connection?  ;D

It would be really nice to meet the old guys. I used to be buy far the youngest guy back in the early days. I'm 34 now so how old are they? Senior citizens? I bet I'm the only one who doesn't have teeth protesis.

Re: Hi fellas! - TonyMarony - 03-13-2013

At least Bals will have, im pretty sure he is already some 40+  :o or something. At least he moved more to the north, maybe in the hope of a better connection, and i remeber him to state, that he has DSL now  ;D ...

Re: Hi fellas! - Rund - 03-14-2013

Hey Llauma!

Ofc we know who you are, I joined CiA as a guest "under your wings", having a blast with the BAS Tonal missions. Holy moly, that was in may 2006 (just looked up the PM for the password on the BIS forums). Too bad so many of the "old guys" (no offence, no really!  ;D) went inactive.  But sometimes they pop up here and even in the game.

Would be great to have you on the server sometime again. I didn't improve my aiming in those 7 years, so I guess you can keep up with us  :o
  You kept up with the game and got A2+OA and all the stuff? And make sure to check http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/

Re: Hi fellas! - Variable - 03-14-2013

Damn Llauma... I miss you! Ok ok, no pressure here.
Zopzodemman is back in business and Radnik makes a dash into coop nights every night and then. Balschiow got our hopes up but in the meantime he still keeps us waiting hehe... If you are back I bet we will see him too!
Come on old friend, get yourself a nice new rig and join our suicide attacks when the family is asleep. Don't worry, we got a few old dudes still, some are even new hehe...

Re: Hi fellas! - Llauma - 03-14-2013

That sound great! I miss the coop atmosphere and the guys.
Yeah, I need to upgrade my computer, or actually I need to get a new one. My fiancé has kind of confiscated my computer for personal use.  Well, I don't think it's up for the task anyway.

What kind of spec's are we looking at? Which gfx card runs arma best? Radeon or Geforce?
Well, it seems I need to spend a few bucks.

Re: Hi fellas! - Radnik - 03-14-2013

(03-13-2013, 08:16 PM)Llauma link Wrote: Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I don't know how many of you remains from when I was active. I guess most of you don't even know who I am.

I first joined the CiA server in November 2001. The guys had a private game but that specific evening they had an open server. I think the mission was called Wilkes Saddle. It was the CiA guys vs. the guests. I had no idea what to do so I simply walked around and killed the CiA guys. I don't know whether I was lucky or whether my absence of mission knowledge meant that I was unpredictable. Anyway, the CiA guys won the game easily but my elusive killing spree apperantly impressed the guys. CiA co-founder Iljurin contacted me after the game and I joined CiA. The rest is history. I had years of memorable moments.

Eventually I lost interest. Family and work kind of keeps you busy. Anyway, I thought I should drop by the server some time, if I'm welcome. My aim might be terrible but at least I remember how to hold the line.

Greets,
Llauma
no comment  ;D

Re: Hi fellas! - Varanon - 03-14-2013

Hey Llauma... I'm a new member so we've never met, but looking forward to meeting you in game!

Oh the serbian worker shows up without any comments. Dobar dan Radnik!
And a new guy.. If you got past the CiA recruiting procedure you must be a decent guy. I'm looking forward to see you ingame.

(03-14-2013, 01:29 PM)Llauma link Wrote: Oh the serbian worker shows up without any comments. Dobar dan Radnik!
Damn you Llauma! nice to see you again on frontlines...welcome back!

as Var said, i've showed up here and there on server, eventualy i'll get good graphic card soon

(03-14-2013, 09:51 PM)Radnik link Wrote: Damn you Llauma! nice to see you again on frontlines...welcome back!

as Var said, i've showed up here and there on server, eventualy i'll get good graphic card soon
Thanks! So are your still living in Serbia or are you working elsewhere?

Yep, still stuck in Serbistan!, living and working here in Belgrade...it's been a rolercoster past few years in private and at work.

You?, still within football fan club) or you're adult now Smile

Re: Hi fellas! - Variable - 03-15-2013

(03-14-2013, 10:55 PM)Radnik link Wrote: You?, still within football fan club) or you're adult now Smile

You won't believe the hardcordness on Llauma and his football club...

Re: Hi fellas! - TonyMarony - 03-15-2013

hey, look, the antidote is still alive aswell! Now it really feels like a veteran meeting  ;D .