Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
COOP13 Missing in action - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: COOP13 Missing in action (/showthread.php?tid=3116)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Outlawz7 - 09-14-2015

(09-13-2015, 09:24 PM)Variable link Wrote: 1. As the team leader, I didn't have the air team on my alternate channel like everybody else. My LR frequency was not right either.

That's intended by our serverside mod, group leaders are supposed to have the LR backpack and don't need an alternate (you'd just hear stuff twice).

I know the briefing mentioned adding extra LRs to the Littlebirds, maybe the air crew used another LR that wasn't configured at missions tart?

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-14-2015

I added extra LR to *crate* next to littlebird. Not to actual helicopters. Crash helo has one extra LR in the vehicle inventory.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Alwarren - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 02:15 PM)Variable link Wrote: Probably because of the server side mod we are using, that sets  the everybody's alternate channel with the LR frequency. Alwarren, any idea?

Not really. The server side addon hooks into TFAR by means of an event handler that gets called whenever a player acquires a radio of some sort, The only thing I could imagine is that it has something to do with the fact that we start inside a chopper, you know how the radio always drops to the ground when you exit a vehicle.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-15-2015

Ok, thanks. I implement the equipment removal script differently, and tp the squad to helicopter with a slight delay. Let's see what it does.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-17-2015

Update delayed: Having big issues with update. Will get back to this asap.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Variable - 09-17-2015

Roger that, keeping the original version on the server.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-18-2015

Ok, hopefully this one works.

Fixed/changed:

- Background picture for ending
- Intro sounds/text only for missing squad
- Minor loadout changes
- More start locations
- More random enemies/patrols
- Player is now teleported to crash helo with a delay so it hopefully doesnt uck fup TFAR config.
- Minor eye candy improvements
- Separate briefing for Zeus

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Variable - 09-20-2015

Uploading! Stag, keep the files updating on the OP as well (or only on the OP if that's more convinient), so it will always contain the most updated version.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Variable - 09-20-2015

Awesome game!!! Just finished a wonderful attempt in Zavarak.
1. Did you mean for some of us to have GPS and maps and NVGs? Some had those.
2. Recommend you remove the coordinates from the side chat when a player goes down...
3. Marksman loadout had M203 grenades.
4. I had to set my LR frequency again to match the air team (I was the leader).

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-21-2015

Ok. New version updated within OP.  Making missions is very good cure for low blood pressure.

- Fixed marksman loadout
- Additional code to remove maps/gps's. No one but pilots should have them.
- Investigating coordinates in sidechat. It is 'feature' in Psycho.
- Radio freqs are still total voodoo for me. Team is teleported to helicopter with 6s delay..so leader should have LR backpack like anyone, because all team starts 'normally' in the ground. I am investigating this but I am really at a loss with the issue. Outlawz, FriedenBros? Any ideas?

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Variable - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 08:33 PM)Stagwine link Wrote: - Radio freqs are still total voodoo for me. Team is teleported to helicopter with 6s delay..so leader should have LR backpack like anyone, because all
I had an LR radio, it's just wasn't on the heli team frequency. It's no biggy, the leader can switch to it at the beginning of the mission.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Alwarren - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 08:33 PM)Stagwine link Wrote: - Investigating coordinates in sidechat. It is 'feature' in Psycho.

There are three places where the sideChat is used. One is in init_ais.sqf, line 18:

Code:
if (local player) then {[side _unit,"HQ"] sideChat format ["%1 is down and needs help at %2",name _unit, mapGridPosition _unit]};

In theory you can remove the whole line.

There are two more occurences, in fsm/ais.fsm. There aren't scripts, they are finite state machines. You can still edit them with a text editor, but you need to be more careful:

line 165:
Code:
                         "    [side _unit,""HQ""] sideChat format [""%1 take back the command"", name _unit];" \n

To remove the entire side chat, you need to do it like this
Code:
                         "/*    [side _unit,""HQ""] sideChat format [""%1 take back the command"", name _unit];*/" \n

There is a second one in line 237
Code:
                         "    [side _unit,""HQ""] sideChat format [""%1 is down and needs help at %2"",name _unit, mapGridPosition _unit];" \n

same rules apply, "..." \n needs to stay

Quote:- Radio freqs are still total voodoo for me. Team is teleported to helicopter with 6s delay..so leader should have LR backpack like anyone, because all team starts 'normally' in the ground. I am investigating this but I am really at a loss with the issue. Outlawz, FriedenBros? Any ideas?

My idea would be to give the team leader a name (e.g. teamLeader) and add something like this in your init.sqf

Code:
if (local teamLeader) then {
    [] spawn {
      waitUnitl {vehicle teamLeader == teamLeader};
      sleep 1; // For good measure
      if (backpack teamLeader != "tf_rt1523g") then {
         teamLeader addBackpack "tf_rt1523g";
      };
    };
};

That should really do the trick.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 09-22-2015

Cheers Alwarren, thanks a ton. Updated mission with mentioned changes. If it still has issues I'm going to need more medication for this.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Variable - 10-05-2015

Just to let you know that the lag we encountered in your missions last night was not the missions fault. Something in an earlier mission caused our clients to lag and once we restarted all clients it was gone.

Re: COOP13 Missing in action - Stagwine - 10-05-2015

This is relieving news. More overdone smoke, explosions, ruins and eyecandy to the fray!