Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Arma Game (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! (/showthread.php?tid=2968)

Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-16-2015

I've had it. Great missions with great scripting, that were tested and definitely work flawlessly, are not getting a single freaking star on the Steam Workshop. Therefore, I decided to share these missions here, hoping that people that trust my judgement, and CiA's reputation in testing MP missions, will add a "thumb up" as well to increase their rating and maybe push them to where they truly belong on the workshop.Therefore, please "Like" the mission even if you didn't play it, it's definitely should stand-out to all the crap that there is on the workshop, trust me on this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Destex/status/1429184091

Don't only rate them, share the mission page itself and ask your friends to rate it as well although they didn't play it. As for rating yourself, start with rating all of these: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230458969

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - McGregor - 04-16-2015

Definitely a good idea. The workshop is a maze. I don't get that rating system at all. I'm willing to do my part in this and rate missions. Maybe it could even extend to SP missions? Putting the CiA badge of approval on them, sort of like quality control

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 05:01 PM)McGregor link Wrote: The workshop is a maze. I don't get that rating system at all.
Yeah... I think that once a workshop page gets to 30 likes it gets the first 3 stars.

(04-16-2015, 05:01 PM)McGregor link Wrote: I'm willing to do my part in this and rate missions.
Don't only rate them, share the mission page itself and ask your friends to rate it as well although they didn't play it. As for rating yourself, start with rating all of these: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230458969

(04-16-2015, 05:01 PM)McGregor link Wrote: Putting the CiA badge of approval on them, sort of like quality control
Hmmmm.... that sound like a VERY interesting idea!!!

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - McGregor - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 05:06 PM)Variable link Wrote: start with rating all of these

A lot of clicking for one man.... But, done  ;D  Although I had already rated many of them

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Watchmen - 04-17-2015

Does this apply to SP? just filtering out single player and showcase missions cl ready cuts you down by about half

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-17-2015

This applies to any workshop page.

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-19-2015

YESSSS!!!!! IT WORKED! Etzu's Foehammer mission has 29 ratings and is at 4 stars! Thanks everybody. This method proved itself, please start sharing missions AND urging ALL your friends to rate them, even if they didn't play them.

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-21-2015

Guys, it's great that you share the missions on your steam profile, but without asking your friends to rate them it doesn't do much. Of course it's a good exposure for the mission that might get more people to play it, but what we want to do is to get it past the 20(?) ratings mark so it get promoted with stars. If you are having trouble phrasing the request I suggest - "Guys, this mission is great and yet it has no stars, and doesn't get the exposure it should on the Wokshop. You can help! Enter the mission page and click the "Like" button. Thanks!"

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - alias - 04-21-2015

I have a question...I wasn't around when OA was on the wave so to say. The community was more responsive in those days regarding the missions and mods and stuff?
I ask cuz the lack of response in Arma community is mind blowing.

I was involved in several projects game/mod related in the past and the response was overwhelming sometimes.
And, as Alwarren said, is not like they do not use what other ppl create, some pieces of work are used by tens of thousands and they don't care to provide feedback or support, seems like just indifference, lack of common sense and education.
No wonder so many experienced moders, content generators, mission editors stop making stuff.
I personally do stuff when and if i'm inspired regardless the feedback. The only thing that can make me stop is the lack of inspiration, time or personal interest. But some creator are around for years and they plan to stay around, they invest time and sometimes money and the only way they can improve is by having feedback and community support.

Maybe we should open a discussion on BIS forums to increase awareness. We can tell people what CiA does as example.

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Alwarren - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 09:29 AM)Variable link Wrote: Guys, it's great that you share the missions on your steam profile, but without asking your friends to rate them it doesn't do much.

The point is also to get people to try these missions. The problem that I have (and I guess most people checking the workshop) is that you cannot say which ones are good and which ones are bad. That's the problem with custom user content - give them a canvas, and 95% will draw a cartoon ejaculating penis on it (heck even one of the I44 maps had a giant stone penis on it that ejaculated fir trees). Seeing a mission recommended by someone you know is something different, and more likely to get people to try it.

Re: Start sharing good mission pages and vote them even if you didn't play them! - Variable - 04-21-2015

More stars will definitely get more people to try these missions. This is a concentrated effort to get more votes to cross the rather low three stars bar.