Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
DCS: World - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DCS: World (/showthread.php?tid=2257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-20-2016

Hey AAR time

Gun Run
Nice warm up mission since the Manpads are working again, we even made it on the first try. Covering was decent, but not perfect. Hey thats what you got warm up for.

4 A-10 taking off
[Image: U4W7o6n.jpg?1]

Assessing Etzus battle damage after a nasty Manpad hit
[Image: 5V8g2YS.jpg?1]

Poti South-Central
An LAV column assaults Poti and has a 4 ship flight of A-10s for CAS.
The first target were some tanks which were easy to take out from range with AGMs.
The second target were two Tunguskas which could be taken out with AGMs just as easily, but somehow both targets turned out harder than expeceted. People kept wandering into range of the Manpads and the Tunguskas. I guess we need to sharpen our AGM skills.
After that we fought infantry in the city. CAS got a lot quicker and better organiced at this point, but as a mission maker I didnt put the enemies in dence enough formations. I tried to make up for it by role playing and manouvering with the LAVs. The Gun runs on the station in the end were really nice, but somehow you it took quite some time to take out the FARB.

Boar flight getting ready
[Image: Wu1Zx4L.jpg]

Rescuing a downed pilot
[Image: 5cnY0gB.jpg?1]

Entering the town and seeing the A-10s work for the first time
[Image: 7lUgFR7.jpg?1]

Running in on the station green smoke are friendlies, red smoke are enemies
[Image: 4OkSBKI.jpg?1]

The station under fire and Boar 1-1 breaking left
[Image: vLeIjkm.jpg?1]

Enguri River
My first time as a SEAD pilot. The SEAD part went suprisingly easy, but from a mission maker standpoint I should have made the SA10 side easier to find for the Mirage and the Tunguska for the A-10, but we found the targets and managed to destroy them all.
My main questions are:
Is the Coordination of the initial SEAD assault worth the wait for all the others participating?
and
Should I make the rest of the mission harder after the SA10 was taken out?

"I have been better"
[Image: YnBA1U2.jpg?1]

Triforce
Providing CAS against vehicles with the P51 went better than I expected. With longer CAS missions we might even have to start thinking about how much Ammo everybody uses and weather somebody should remain on station as a reserve cover.
But sadly the late night fever got us again. Three totally avoidable crashes and one friendly fire incident whos perpetrator remains UnNamed.

But all in all great flying and some really smooth teamwork in the air. Sorry that "Outpost" did not work again. I dont know whats wrong with that bloody trigger.

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-22-2016

Gun Run

Nice warm up and even though the runway was littered with A10-C with broken gear, I managed to land mine without incident.

Poti South-Central

The AA vehicles in the tank colum at the southern end of Poti where easy to take out with 2 of my 4 mavericks (sorry sithis, I just had to pack more kaboomz)
while I was trying to spot the other AA I had one of my lesser bright moments and decided to fly upside down to not fly over poti but still keep my lightning pod pointed at the target...
guess what, I starved my engines that way and had to restart them.... or rather, start my APU 15k feet start apu generator 14k feet, start right hand engine 13,5k feet, start left hand engine, 13k feet, try to put force on right hand engine, engine dies again, 12,5k feet, reboot right hand engine 11k feet, now put force on lefthand engine, leveled out at 10k feet, started right hand engine waited and finally was able to gain altitude and restart all the systems that had been shut down by the loss of electrical power 8 minutes and finally all systems back up at 22k feet

after wards manuel and me destroyed the EWR and the long range launchers and the action moved on into the town where we quickly detected the presence of manpads, so I decided to stay above 20k feet and do some recon to try and find the launchers and take them out. It took me quite a while but I managed to find the launcher and kill the guy. while I remained high up the others did the rocket runs to support the LAVs.

In the end only an enemy FARB remained with some ZSU emplacements to guard it, it proved quite sturdy but in the end we managed to destroy it.

Enguri River

while the m2000 kept ready  the SEAD SU moved on the SA10 site while us A10s moved on a tunguska site nearby. the tung proved tricky as we had to climb into the envelope of the sa10s radar to get a line of sight and fire our mavericks.
After that we moved on destroy the SA10 site, unfotunately misha took some heavy hits ("I have been better") and had to RTB.
I started with lasing for Manuel and his second bomb detonated between 3 of the lauchers and destroyed them. after that I was on mob up duty and destroyed the rest of the vehicles with GBU 38 and moved to the last objective, some APC and tanks on a border crossing.
since I was flying over 10k feet the manpads weren't able to fire at me and it was just an question of finding  the vehicles and tropping boms on them. after the bombs where cone there was still enough ammo in the gun to go close and personal on the last 2 APC.

Triforce

The last mission of the evening was P51 against ground targets. as soon as we got to the allied roadblocks they started reporting targest, we quickly got visual contact on them and turned to engage, i went for the ZSU which I killed bus also was killed by it before my rockets impacted.
when I got back to the area a hostile convoy was moving on the street and I joindes manuel and sithis engaging them destroying some of the vehicles until i ripped off my wing on a powerline.
when I got into the area wwith my third plane another convoy was in the area and being engaged by sithis. i saw him flying low and firing at them and loosened some rockets at extreme distance... two found their target, but at the same time i had to see that sithis was much quicker to get back to the convoy than i would have expected and the explosion of one of my rockets blew sithis p51 to pieces while destroying the last vehicle.

Re: DCS: World - Alwarren - 03-22-2016

Darn, I really need to learn DCS

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 08:51 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Darn, I really need to learn DCS

The SU 25 is free and only needs about 10 buttons. So if you have half an hour between now and thursday evening we can get you flying in no time.

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-22-2016

I guess I can be a target practice a-10 if you guys need an air target for it

Re: DCS: World - Alwarren - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 09:24 PM)Sithis link Wrote:The SU 25 is free and only needs about 10 buttons. So if you have half an hour between now and thursday evening we can get you flying in no time.

I actually have a couple of modules for it, like the A-10C and others... I just never get the time for it, too much work with CUP Sad

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 09:59 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:I actually have a couple of modules for it, like the A-10C and others... I just never get the time for it, too much work with CUP Sad

Ah even better. Well as long as we start with guns and unguided rockets we can get you airborne and shooting in the A-10c in about the same about of time.

Re: DCS: World - Etzu - 03-23-2016

(03-22-2016, 09:59 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:I actually have a couple of modules for it, like the A-10C and others... I just never get the time for it, too much work with CUP Sad

You can be my wingman, I'm just as terrible (as proven by the state of my A-10 in screenshots above).

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-23-2016

(03-23-2016, 12:49 AM)Etzu link Wrote:You can be my wingman, I'm just as terrible (as proven by the state of my A-10 in screenshots above).

You are actually really good considering how few flight hours you have collected so far. MANPADs get everybody dont worry about it, there is a reason we only got one aircraft back without damage.

By the way I will not be able to fly on Saturday since we are visiting family over Easter. I hope you guys have a nice and long weekend.

To make it up to you guys I have just put the finishing touches on an A-10c mission that is a little more elaborate than what we did last week.

Teaser:
[Image: 8lYfh3u.jpg?1]
[Image: E8TMmyp.jpg?1]
[Image: g2a1EKI.jpg?1]

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-23-2016

Sithis is a great teacher, didn't take him too long to teach me how to use all the weapons the a10-c can carry.... resulting in me bringing them all in most missions if they forgot to lock the armory xD
I am sure he can teach you in no time as well

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 03-23-2016

I find tutorials that come with the game are usually useful, if you want to know what to do, to learn order or stuff during procedures. But to learn it by heart and really know why are you pushing that button at that time it takes a little more learning and experience and that's what I am learning during DCS coops. Thankfully there is always someone not overwhelmed by RL that had time to learn it and help you.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-24-2016

(03-23-2016, 02:25 PM)Misha link Wrote:I find tutorials that come with the game are usually useful,

Espacially the TGP tutorial is very usefull. It is about 15 minutes long and afterwards you can learn all guided weapons within 5 minutes. Well at least the basics.

BTW if you ever wondered what a 30mm round looks like when they go through a tree

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-25-2016

Won't be flying tomorrow as I am also off to see relatives over easter.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-28-2016

Hey guys I hope all of you are having a great easter weekend.

Saturday there will of course be the usual DCS night. Same time , same  place.

In the meantime is anybody up for a mission or two on Tuesday and Wednesday?

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-30-2016

I am up for a mission tonight