Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
DCS: World - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DCS: World (/showthread.php?tid=2257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 03-06-2016

Great pics Sithis

Misha you should try to keep your cat out of the cockpit, this seems like a significant visibilty problem Big Grin

Training
Nice warm-up. I don't get to do much flying outside coop-nights lately, so that's more or less my only opportunity to try stuff atm. I'm glad we started doing this Smile

Shadow on the sun
Once again a long run, but this time with way less losses. It's still hard to spot vehicles, even on (partly) snowy ground, but I feel we are getting better at this. Taking out anything that returns fire and then spotting the rest in low/slow passes seems to work, even though it's still not exactly easy...

Sonic Boom
I missed most of that due to technical issues...

Kutaisi Rocket Program
Finally got to do some propper AG combat in the Mirage! It's awesome buzzing around at mach .9 or something and dropping bombs in low-passes on AAAs that cant even turn their heads fast enough to see what hit them Smile
In any case a very cool mission. I think it would be interesting to try and work out even more distinct roles for the different airplanes (I know that's easier said than done but maybe something comes to mind)

Highnoon

... is all I'm gonna say about that Smile

Re: DCS: World - Stagwine - 03-06-2016

Awesome shots & AAR's guys. I'm green of envy. As soon my joystick situation improves I join in!

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 03-07-2016

Haha, good video Manuel, awesome new perspective of the mission!

Shadow on the sun

I jumped in some time after the mission started that caused sort of "desync" with the most of you as either I was in target area and you at the base rearming/restarting or the other way. This made most of the mission single player for me. Except for the part while I was following Manuel to the target area, almost (!) in a close formation which is a great achievement for me as formation flying is something rarely I could do before. However, my cat decided to beg for food at that moment which made flying a bit more complicated. Normally I would engage autopilot and give it food, but flying low in the mountainous area made it impossible. The cat not only walked on my keyboard and extended my gear during the flight but also cuddled my mic which made even communicating difficult.

Once in the target area my first run was successful but I kissed the ground after target fixation. On subsequent runs  I couldn't find targets any more, nor they could see me, no enemy fire whatsoever, so I just circled around crashing again into the mountain.

This was a fine mission, though I couldn't enjoy it properly. I would like to make a suggestion that when we have this kind of long mission that we limit ourselves to only one life, to make it more challenging, also make ourselves more careful and shorten the mission time because almost three hours is very long for a mission.

One more thing is I would like to see more info in the briefing. It's ok to ask mission maker where are the targets but it's best to have it in the briefing with provided map with way points and maybe even some recon photos of the area to know what to expect. Knee pad could also be fitted with the map of the area and waypoints.

Sonic Boom

This one was very short, I don't even remember what I did in the mission except for taking off and landing.

Kutaisi Rocket Program

Finally I was learning by doing as I used MiG-21 for engaging ground targets. First time, the HUD didn't work, so I lost a bit time figuring out what was wrong. Second time, I flew and engaged targets, however I was downed before I cleared the road block I was assigned to clear. Another try and lucky hit disabled all of my instruments. N-th time, AAA in the west part of time grilled me. After finding out in how many ways a MiG-21 can be downed I got my revenge on some airfield targets.

It's easier than I though to fly and engage ground targets with MiG-21. I am getting more confident with this plane and will fly more often in the future.

Highnoon

Ha! PvP mission! F-15 is normally great to fly but I had trouble adjusting to dogfight kind of flying. My habbits from Rise of Flight kicked in, but as flying a supersonic jet is one thing and WWI plane the other, I was on the limit of stall most of the time, trying to out turn SU-27's. But hey, nobody got me but myself, if I remember correctly, by kissing the ground once.

Pixel hunting is not my favorite hobby and finding other planes and making out who's friendly or foe proved to be difficult. However, it was exciting chasing and being chased at close range and I managed to get one kill after some adjusting.

All in all, great one, everything is coming together slowly!

Don't know about the next weekend, maybe I can host but first I need to check with "ATC" called RL. 

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-09-2016

same time same... well servername.  i will try to set up DCS as a server on my old pc, thet might prevent some lags.
I will be there 90% sure.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-11-2016

Manpads have been fixed. Shit is going to get real, real quick

Re: DCS: World - Etzu - 03-12-2016

Might be an hour or so late, but I will make it

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 03-12-2016

I don't know whether I'll make it today. If I do I'll be late :/

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-13-2016

Nasty little Iglas
[Image: I6YK1XZ.jpg]

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 03-13-2016

Man, isn't there a sign in the cockpit explicitly stating that you are NOT supposed to transport people in this plane?

[Image: Screen_160313_014833.jpg]

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-13-2016

XD yes,  I think there is one...  Doesn't look too comfortable

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 03-14-2016

[Image: Digital_Combat_Simulator_3_12_2016_9_20_51_PM.png]

[Image: Digital_Combat_Simulator_3_12_2016_10_20_07_PM.png]

[Image: Digital_Combat_Simulator_3_12_2016_10_23_11_PM.png]

[Image: Digital_Combat_Simulator_3_12_2016_10_48_06_PM.png]

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-16-2016

[Image: PnVJIgq.jpg?1]

Now that is what I call cluster bombing.

Alright guys who is going to fly on Saturday and what do you want to fly primarily?

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 03-18-2016

If I could fly a tractor I would fly a tractor! No preference this time, I like to practice different planes and be surprised, though some I don't own, and some I didn't fly enough (like Mi-8, and .... can't remember).

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 03-18-2016

P51 and a10

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 03-19-2016

Hey guys looking forward to later.
However I will be a little late(ca30min), but I will set up the server with the training map.