Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
DCS: World - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DCS: World (/showthread.php?tid=2257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-20-2015

Yes of course, but i will adjust the enemy threats depending on how many guided and unguided munition carriers the AFAC has to play with

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 10-22-2015

All right, if you put in A-10C arm him with some Mavericks, and unguided bombs or rockets. 

Re: DCS: World - kutya - 10-22-2015

Put in a Su25 just in case. The old one.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-22-2015

Will do both and there will be targets for everything Wink + UH1

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 10-23-2015

you know me, put in a a10c with a lot of kabooms under it, i'll get it airborne somehow

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 10-23-2015

For us in A-10C's give 15 minute headstart so we can start our planes in time  ;D

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 10-24-2015

Hey guys, I need to cancel my participation this time, I'm sick with a fever and should spend my day in bed.

But I hope DCS nights will become more frequent in the future!

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-25-2015

Sadly two people couldnt make it so it turned out to be Unnamed, Manuel and me.

Here is my little after action report.

We flew three missions, all of them with AFAC and either with UH-1 or A10c doing CAS. We had additional slots for SU25/SU25T, but the datalink option between the A10c´s makes life a little easier.

Beeing the server I had a couple of TS-lags, but it should still be possible to accomodate a few more people before the game itself suffers from it. In that case someone with a better connection would have to host (Unnamed Wink ).

So we blew up plenty of targets and got a little cocky from time to time, so we trashed plenty of planes as well.

We will probably do another CIA-DCS night on saturday in two weeks. There will be UH-1 and A10c missions with and without AFAC and if you feel like flying something else let me know beforehand and I´ll fit it in.

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 10-25-2015

Great flying tonight. It was a lot of fun. Sithis did a great job as AFAC. Airplane and weapon handling is pretty solid by now (with the occasional mishap that is  Tongue ).

Anyways, with a human AFAC and a formalized radio procedure for tasking it starts to feel like we know what we are doing. What we could still improve is flying as a team and in formation. This time we flew pretty much individually.
I think the critical thing is to stop copying the tasking by every plane. While copying we fly heads down, so the formation usually breaks up during that phase. If only the lead airplane would copy, the wingman could just concentrate on staying with the leader. Then the wingman could cover during the attack run and look for threats.

So much for my debriefing this time. Hope to see some more people next time Smile

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-25-2015

Absolutely. Finding and defeating that hidden AA would be so much easier if we would fly proper attack formations. We could also switch it around after every attack having flight lead do an attack with 2 looking for threats and on the second run in beeing performed by 2 with flight lead acting as wingman.

This becomes even more important, when we start flying with SU25s due to them not beeing on TAD and not having the same altitude units.

Now level 2 would be if everybody had a HE rocket pod and eliminated the threats on the same run in  ;D

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 10-26-2015

Well, I usually cary one pod of HE, and there's the gun for not-too-hard targets Smile

In any case, sounds like a good plan.

And I would also like to improve our skills in "tactical maneuvering"
so, you know, that stuff
index=4&list=FLR2zBVfkofPhxdHnvm98_Dg
;D

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-26-2015

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1024853060868382.1073741833.109199569100407&type=3

Auch nice

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 10-26-2015

There's 360 dgs cockipt view video of Swiss Air Force formation flying, very awesomo!

BTW, formation flying is a big mystery to me, I don't think I ever learned it in any sim.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 10-26-2015

Its all about having a smooth flying lead and beeing very gentle with the throttle yourself.

But all kidding aside, when it comes to formations for our purpose, observing possible threats during an attack, we would have a spacing of 1 or 2 nm.

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 10-27-2015

Awesome video Misha, Patrouille Suisse is great, saw them live a couple time Smile
F5 for DCS is already in work btw Big Grin
And so is the T1A (red arrows)

@Sithis
[size=1em]Absolutely, I would still love to do some tight formation flying, just for fun Smile  [/size]