Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide (/showthread.php?tid=2003)

[CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - Osku - 08-20-2011

INSTALLATION

1. Download Teamspeak 3 Client , select 32-bit or 64-bit according to your operating system.

2. If you don't know which Windows edition you're running, press key-combination Windows Key + Pause/Break and then see System Type (Vista/Win7), or System -tab in XP systems. You can access the system properties alternatively through Start Menu -> My Computer -> right-click for Properties.

2. Install Teamspeak 3 Client. This should be straight-forward.

APPLICATION SETTINGS

1. To set up Push-To-Talk, go to Settings -> Options -> Capture. Set a hotkey that won't interfere with any in-game controls. Mouse thumb button (when avail.) is pretty good for this.

To keep unwanted noises to minimum please DO NOT USE Voice Activation

2. Self-test your microphone on the same page : but first confirm that your mic is selected as Capture Device, then click Begin Test and talk with your PTT (push-to-talk). You should hear your own voice. You can also fiddle with the options there below and consider fully disabling Echo Reduction, Remove background noise, Automatic voice gain control, (depending on your microphone quality/type) to make your voice sound natural and clear as possible.

CONNECTING TO THE SERVER

1. Open Bookmarks from the top menu, and click Manage Bookmarks, and then Add Bookmark.

2. Fill in the following details:
Quote:Label : CiA Teamspeak
Address : ts.ciahome.net:9988
Nickname : (your in-game nickname)
Server password : ciafdf
Other fields can be left empty or their default values.

You can now connect via Bookmarks menu. Or, if you press [More] button, you got the option "Connect on Startup". If checked, you'll automatically log on to CiA TS3 when you start Teamspeak.

You're Good To Go!

Re: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - treendy - 01-19-2016

Sorry to post here... but spent ages setting this up for a friend... only to find there was a few plugin files missing... this happend with me also after following all steps (if I missed a step... im not sure which one i have missed) when someone sent me a zip file with the missing plugins (sorry cant remember who, but thanks if you read this)

We managed to find the missing plugin files (radio-sounds, radio-sounds-new, radio-sounds-old, task_force_radio_win32.dll,task_force_radio_win64.dll) in my folder

Its working now... would it be worth having a link to a zip file containing these missing plugins?  Or are they in the step i must have missed?

[CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - Variable - 01-20-2016

Treendy, I don't understand this. Just go to TFAR homepage and get everything you need straight from the source. There are also clear installation instructions on the TFAR website.

Re: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - treendy - 01-20-2016

It was 2am we had been setting up ArmaA3sync and testing mods being run in an external drive while setting this up at the same time...  I just had a look and can see what I was doing wrong, and the step that had been missed

Please delete this post and dispose of any evidence that shows this question ever existed!

Sorry  :-[  (thanks for getting back though)

Re: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 : Setup guide - Rund - 01-21-2016

You're right. Horus likes to clean up the addons folder on his repo, but for TFAR it would be usefull to let the TS3 plugins reside in the Addons folder, so you just copy them from there (and you always have the correct dll to match the TFAR version).