Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
OFP2 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Games (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: OFP2 (/showthread.php?tid=1608)

Pages: 1 2 3

OFP2 - Marto - 06-19-2009

Some interesting details on OFP2:

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_090h.html

Videao is cool too.

Re: OFP2 - Ferenczi - 06-19-2009

what i'm happy about that still

"There will be no join in progress" in mp

what i'm afraid of

So you’re saying “that sounds pretty much like an arcade shooter to me”, right? Well, yes, you’re correct.

Re: OFP2 - Pulverizer - 06-19-2009

Way to take something out of context to alter the message Ferenczi ;D

Quote:...You see all the action on the map.

So you’re saying “that sounds pretty much like an arcade shooter to me”, right? Well, yes, you’re correct. But don’t fret, my tactical-minded friends. You have options to turn off all the aids, make it more of a simulation. You’ll get no waypoints (you’ll have to use the compass and read the map), you’ll get no friend or foe markings, etc. The only thing on your map will be your mission objective goal locations.

It's funny when people criticize DR for a certain feature, conveniently forgetting that the exact same arcade stuff is also available in Arma 2. You can turn on all kinds of map and hud markers to see enemies, there is a setting for auto aim, extended armor that makes you able to survive a point blank headshot etc...

Re: OFP2 - Ferenczi - 06-19-2009

saw that but i'm not so convinced Tongue ..we'll see

Re: OFP2 - Make - 06-19-2009

''A mission editor will be included for the PC version but not for the two console systems.''

Another reason to get it for PC  8)

Im still waiting OFP2 more than ARMA2

Re: OFP2 - Chris Johnson - 06-19-2009

(06-19-2009, 02:42 PM)Make link Wrote: Im still waiting OFP2 more than ARMA2
I am not waiting anything 'cause both of them won't work or will lag on my PC and I don't want to upgrade it 'cause I have "smarter" places to spend my money on ;D

Re: OFP2 - mikka - 06-19-2009

Don't think about present day but of possible future of these  both games, 4-10 years ahead.
Which one of those projects has got so long future to be still playable games after agees like our ancient OFP Wink

Re: OFP2 - Overlord - 06-19-2009

LOL mikka, I agree but remember one thing; OFP ain't strictly a game it's a "simulator" too, with a huge community dedicated to the game and developing it (not the game engine but addons/ missions). OFP2/ ArmA2 will also need the same support from players given they have the same possibilities (I doudt CM will give it), or else both games will hit the bottom of the trunk and we will dig out good ol' OFP again Smile (and pray fro players to grow up)

Re: OFP2 - Pulverizer - 07-07-2009

New video http://www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint/index.php#/video/

HD stream

Re: OFP2 - MCraze - 07-19-2009

(06-19-2009, 12:13 PM)Pulverizer link Wrote: Way to take something out of context to alter the message Ferenczi ;D

Quote:...You see all the action on the map.

So you’re saying “that sounds pretty much like an arcade shooter to me”, right? Well, yes, you’re correct. But don’t fret, my tactical-minded friends. You have options to turn off all the aids, make it more of a simulation. You’ll get no waypoints (you’ll have to use the compass and read the map), you’ll get no friend or foe markings, etc. The only thing on your map will be your mission objective goal locations.

It's funny when people criticize DR for a certain feature, conveniently forgetting that the exact same arcade stuff is also available in Arma 2. You can turn on all kinds of map and hud markers to see enemies, there is a setting for auto aim, extended armor that makes you able to survive a point blank headshot etc...

Turning visual helpers off won't help much when guns have no recoil and f.e. aimpoint always stays in the center of the screen, even if you're running or firing, much like in Battlefield 2. Right now it looks to me more like a sequel to Project Reality mod than a sequel to OFP.
And then that infamous stuff with "I got shot in the head - it's nothing serious but I'm bleeding badly" (applies medkit).

Re: OFP2 - Pulverizer - 07-19-2009

Quote:Turning visual helpers off won't help much when guns have no recoil and f.e. aimpoint always stays in the center of the screen, even if you're running or firing,
That's the purpose of holographic sights, to be able to keep both eyes open and fire on the move. If you are talking about the stationary crosshair, it is optional and it being stationary doesn't mean you will hit where it points, just like in Arma2.

OFPBig GrinR videos do show just a little recoil (again, about the same as Arma2), but 5.56mm assault rifles don't have much recoil in real life either.

Quote:And then that infamous stuff with "I got shot in the head - it's nothing serious but I'm bleeding badly" (applies medkit).
Same stuff is available also in Arma2 (survive headshots, heal from gunshot wounds in a matter of seconds). And in that demonstration the guy was basically playing with easiest difficulty and god mode on, to not have to keep restarting the mission over and over while the busy press people are watching.

Re: OFP2 - MCraze - 07-21-2009

(07-19-2009, 01:10 PM)Pulverizer link Wrote: That's the purpose of holographic sights, to be able to keep both eyes open and fire on the move. If you are talking about the stationary crosshair, it is optional and it being stationary doesn't mean you will hit where it points, just like in Arma2.
Except in BIS games, including ArmA2 the bullet is born in the barrel of a gun and flies where it points, although being affected by the wind and range to target. In OFPBig GrinR it looks like the bullet is born in the center of the screen and hits in the random radius from that point, much like in usual shooters.
About what I was talking - they showed so called "hardcore" mode, and "crosshair" (in this case red aimpoint) wasn't moving a bit during moving or firing (especially during moving) - the same goes for a gun in guy's hands, which is impossible in real life. In fact the only difference between difficulties seems to be only in visual helpers.

Quote:OFPBig GrinR videos do show just a little recoil (again, about the same as Arma2), but 5.56mm assault rifles don't have much recoil in real life either.
In a standing position and even during movement?

Quote:Same stuff is available also in Arma2 (survive headshots, heal from gunshot wounds in a matter of seconds).
Hmm, last time I've played ArmA2 the medic was usually taking quite long to bandage moderately wounded soldier which I won't call a matter of seconds, And it is still very different from just getting medkit out of your pocket and dressing a bullet wound yourself - which means that medics will be useless in DR, if there will be any at all. Compare that to OFP - especially with WGL - where medic is essential as you can't hold a gun properly, let alone run around when bleeding like nothing happened. Though I don't quite understand what ArmA2 has to do with this, as we are talking about a sequel to OFP, where you don't survive headshots, and often "usual" shots too.

Quote:And in that demonstration the guy was basically playing with easiest difficulty and god mode on, to not have to keep restarting the mission over and over while the busy press people are watching.
Difficulty was the least of that presentation's problems.
Don't forget that there also were Red Barrels™, which enemies for some reason decided to put next to an important radar station - probably just in case the player will decide to come and blow it up using them (which he did).

Too much arcade stuff.

Re: OFP2 - Pulverizer - 07-21-2009

I'm comparing it to Arma2 instead of OFP because it's the closest alternative. OFP is also generally the same as Arma2, including the 'extended armor' difficulty setting. Also it just annoys the hell out of me when people bring up feature x and y in DR again and again while they never criticized the exactly same features in Arma2.

I'm 100% positive there will be recoil as I've seen it in every DR video I've watched. Are you sure it wasn't just a holo sight acting like it's supposed to (ie, not like in ofp or arma)? Or maybe it was a bug with the animations.

About the medics, you've been playing with 'first aid simulation' module. When it's active, anyone can give you first aid, if it's not a medic it takes longer. If it's not active you heal in 10 seconds, which to me is a matter of seconds because it certainly isn't minutes. On vet mode in DR, you would only stabilize instead of healing if the things they said in magazine articles get realized.

Red barrels, well that kind of sucks. Then again, maybe you can use a mod to make them non-explosive or maybe that will even happen by default on higher difficulty because of all the complaints on DR forums.

Again, I'm reserving judgment until the game is actually finished and released.

Re: OFP2 - Anguis - 08-10-2009

New vid on 'Hardcore mode': [url=

Re: OFP2 - Overlord - 08-10-2009

After watching this one, 2 things strike me as odd: too much zoom on ironsight and enemies looks somehow "highlighted" at night... (use reflex vests guys, safety first)