Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
OFP2 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Games (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: OFP2 (/showthread.php?tid=1608)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: OFP2 - Pulverizer - 08-31-2009

Yeah it looks a bit silly keeping rifles shouldered so much. The same is true for Arma2 though. Unless you specifically lower your rifle, you are aiming very accurately, indefinitely, even when not looking through the sights and not resting the weapon on some surface. This would not be possible IRL unless you had robotic arms or something.

I also dislike the "flying camera with hands" style. Then again, at least moving around will probably feel quite intuitive and won't have transition bugs, due to being free from motion-capped 3rd person animations. This will make it easier for a casual FPS player to get into the game.

Re: OFP2 - Variable - 08-31-2009

(08-31-2009, 11:04 AM)Pulverizer link Wrote: I also dislike the "flying camera with hands" style. Then again, at least moving around will probably feel quite intuitive and won't have transition bugs, due to being free from motion-capped 3rd person animations. This will make it easier for a casual FPS player to get into the game.

I actually like the camera effect motion. It adds an action sense to the game. I just hope our heads won't ache and we won't feel notious... Smile

Re: OFP2 - Hawke - 10-14-2009

Anyone tried it yet?

Re: OFP2 - Variable - 10-14-2009

Yeah it's a nice shooter Smile I am at the last mission. I think it's a nice game, it has good moments. AIs are much smarter then Arma 2's ones in terms of taking cover, suppressing, path finding and entering buildings. Arma 2 has much superior graphics though and is much richer in terms of weapons and vehicles. It could be interesting to try it in coop.

Edited: changed from just arma to arma 2.

Re: OFP2 - Hawke - 10-15-2009

I read in a preview that the weapon handling is allegedly way better than in other games (= ArmA). But the campaign and the missions seem to be pretty linear and kinda "boring".
BTW, are you talking about Arma or Arma II?

Re: OFP2 - Variable - 10-15-2009

(10-15-2009, 01:15 PM)Hawke link Wrote: I read in a preview that the weapon handling is allegedly way better than in other games (= ArmA). But the campaign and the missions seem to be pretty linear and kinda "boring".
BTW, are you talking about Arma or Arma II?

Yes, I meant to Arma 2. Fixed it.
What do you mean exactly by weapon handling? The reload animations in OFPBig GrinR are much better. Recoil values feels, to my surprise, rather realistic in most of the weapons. However, weapon handling is rather full with bugs. You can't use the ammo type menu to select different kinds of amoo because it always brings out your knife, you can't stop the realisticly long AT missiles setup animations in case you come under fire. And if you manage to complete it without getting killed and draw your rifle again, you will have to see yourself reloading the AT with another rocket although it is already supposed to include one from the last animation.

Missions are simplified attack missions, although some are more complex (following a PLA genera, for exapmplel) but all in all, the immersion factor is very low comparing to, let's say, CWC and the Resi campaigns. the campaign is very short, only 11 missions. You can type "bonus" codes to unock 6 more missions, but they are short attack missions with one objective. I also hear that is a lot of frustration concerning the game's online problems.

And the most important thing is: I doubt that OFPBig GrinR will ever grow an amazingly rich community like the one that BIS products managed to grow and maintain.

Re: OFP2 - Hawke - 10-16-2009

I don't remember, the magazine with the article belonged to a collegue and i only read it at work. It was a conclusion by one of the testers. They basicly said that the missions are poor (in quantity and variety) compared to CWC and that weapon handling was/feels better/more realistic in OFP2. And they called ArmaII overloaded, crippled by its own ambition.

I've read about the online problems, but my "ressource" is all but subjective. http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5742688&postcount=32
That guy reportedly sued Codemasters for making wrong promises in their advertisement campaigns.