Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
New ACE Medical Guide - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Arma Game (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New ACE Medical Guide (/showthread.php?tid=3901)

New ACE Medical Guide - Mjolnir - 01-04-2020

So the new medic system is a little bit different. 

In general: 

Tourniquets - Slows bleeding significantly (they don't stop it completely), allowing the wounded more time before losing consciousness/death. If you're in the middle of a gunfight, then this should be your go to option. In every situation, tourniquet the limbs and deal with head and torso injuries, then deal with tourniquet-ed injuries after.

Splints - Repairs fractures. As well as bandaging injuries, if they are fractured you now need to splint them to heal them. 

Check Pulse - Ideally, between 60 and 90. If its high, probably because they are low on blood, if its low then they need an Epi.

Check Blood Pressure - The key pressure appears to be around 105/70. Above this, the patient will regain consciousness. Use an Epi to speed up this process.

I/Vs - I/Vs now run on their own, you set them up and let them run. Only the medic can do I/Vs. Also, starting an I/V without dealing with the bleeds seems to kill the patient, though I need to do more more testing on this.

CPR - I'm not 100% on this, but if your patient goes into cardiac arrest (heart rate of below 20), CPR has a small chance of preventing death and restarting their heart, ideally the last person to do this should be the medic, because the medic can keep treating the patient if someone else is doing the CPR.

As a quick run-through, there are a couple of first aid acronyms you can use, CABCDE and MARCH:

C - Catastrophic Bleed
A - Airways
B - Breathing
C - Circulation
D - Disability (also known as Response)
E - Environment (Similar to hypothermia in MARCH, when you bleed you get cold, even in extreme heat)

M - Massive Bleeding
A - Airway
R - Respiration
C - Circulation
H - Hypothermia

Be aware, that both of these require you have to rid yourself of the immediate danger first, at very most you should deal with the Major bleeds before then dealing with the current firefight. I did a quick test, and at 10 minutes with a single untreated gunshot wound to the leg, my patient was still conscious so not immediately treating your wounds is entirely possible to do now.

Obviously these aren't ideal for Arma, but they give a framework to go off of. Something like:
Major Bleeds (Tourniquet)
Bandage/Splint
Saline
Pain/Epi
Tourniquets off

Types of Banadages
Field Dressing - Velocity wounds
Packing Bandage - Avulsions, Velocity Wounds
Elastic Bandage - Velocity Wounds
Splint - Fractures

RE: New ACE Medical Guide - Verstanden - 01-19-2020

some great infos here, especially since the ACE Wiki Medical Entry has not been updated, yet.
They do provide suggestions for medical supplies for regular soldiers and medics. Maybe that is something we should consider using as well to make the medic's life easier and to prevent having to resupply at mission start.

Soldier comes with 1 Vanilla FAK wich transformes:
- 1 x Basic Bandage
- 1 x Packing Bandage
- 1 x Morphine Injector
- 1 x Tourniquet

Medic comes with 10 Vanilla FAK & Medikit. From my testing the Medikit transformes into:
- 2 x Basic Bandage
- 3 x Packing Bandage
- 2 x Morphine Injector
- 1 x Epinephrine Injector
- 2 x Tourniquet
- 2 x Splint
- 1 x Saline IV 250ml

Obviously both roles are heavily under equipped. E. g. the medic gets only one Epi-Pen and one IV. I am not sure if with the current ACE settings PAK and Surgical Kit are needed. But anyhow at least the medic should be supplied with enough material.

What are your suggestions? Here are the old ACE suggestions for the basic medic system, but splints were introduced and are missing here:

Soldier:
  • 10 × Bandage (Basic)
  • 3 × Morphine Autoinjector
  • 1 × Epinephrine Autoinjector
Medic:
  • 15-25 × Bandage (Basic)
  • 10 × Morphine Autoinjector
  • 10 × Epinephrine Autoinjector
  • 6 × Blood IV (500ml)

RE: New ACE Medical Guide - Alwarren - 01-19-2020

Verstanden Wrote:Soldier:
  • 10 × Bandage (Basic)
  • 3 × Morphine Autoinjector
  • 1 × Epinephrine Autoinjector

Too much. Maybe three Bandages, 2 Morphine, no Epi

Verstanden Wrote:Medic:
  • 15-25 × Bandage (Basic)
  • 10 × Morphine Autoinjector
  • 10 × Epinephrine Autoinjector
  • 6 × Blood IV (500ml)

I am not sure whether the blood IV still works. Saline is available in 250, 500 and 1000 ml. 
I don't think we should go over the top with everything. First, I would say and double what the medic has right now. Then we see what we want to add.

RE: New ACE Medical Guide - Alwarren - 01-19-2020

Mjolnir Wrote:Obviously these aren't ideal for Arma, but they give a framework to go off of. Something like:
Major Bleeds (Tourniquet)
Bandage/Splint
Saline
Pain/Epi    <--- NEIN!
Tourniquets off

("Nein" added)

Do NOT give morphine while the subject is unconscious. Morphine lowers the blood pressure and hence also lowers the chance of the subject waking up, Do not give morphine until the subject has woken up again, otherwise the wake-up time will extend.

RE: New ACE Medical Guide - Verstanden - 01-20-2020

I am realizing we might have to talk about the "medical procedure" first, before we know what to bring with what role.
There is some flow charts around for that but I am not sure how much those depend on the server settings. We should probably make our own.

the next question is then which steps should a regular soldier be able to perform and what should usually be done by the medic.