Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa (/showthread.php?tid=3801)

co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Siil++ - 09-23-2018

Hello

New mission featuring combined arms action. Slots for 20 but since there are two 3 man crews who can be supported by AI, 16 players is also an optimal configuration.

Quite AI intensive, I hope it will not lag. Once I figure out how to make the AI defense more "plan" and less "numbers", it should improve.

Mission file attached to post.
---
Updated 3.10.18
---
Updated 6.10.2018
Changes:
Added mission parameters: Viewdistance - default 3500, Time - default day or night.
Added night equipment.
Improved takeoff assist script.

co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Variable - 09-24-2018

Thanks Siil , mission uploaded!
(09-23-2018, 07:44 PM)Siil++ Wrote: Does using the workshop allow for SVN-like updating for missions on the server?
No, we upload the missions to the server manually using FTP.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Siil++ - 09-25-2018

Thanks for the playtest. I got a lot of good feedback on TS.
So here is what needs to be changed so far:

-LR and Parachutes for the pilots.
-Jet loadout might be too heavy to take off.

Oh the glory days of old when parachutes were free and bombs but pretty feathers...

-Less mines on the beach (although this task was completed, it's just that by its completion there were 3 of us left and one of those 3 was already between worlds). The objective area should be more clearly defined too.

-First island objective
This might be made faster by fixing bombers and giving engineers tactical air control capability or some other fun niche. The idea of splitting it into a warmup/lower playercount mission was good too!

In my mind the first island would have been an objective the Su-25 pair complete in one bombing run (while the ground teams are still gearing up). Worked so in the editor too, cluster bombs ftw! Also, I hoped that the overwhelming firepower of the BMPs could make the mission go faster. I can't fault you for cautious play though. 

Others:
-The lone Kamov must be removed.
-AI swimmers. They need to stick to their own island. Not sure what caused their eagerness or how to reduce it.
-ACE compatibility (defusal kits!). Alwarrens script will be providing this.

Sorry to those who had to wait and hopefully things will go faster the next time.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Variable - 09-26-2018

Thanks Siil, the changes backlog looks good, looking forward to the next version!

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Mjolnir - 09-26-2018

Maybe if you make it so that you just need to clear the beach of enemies and mines, I think going to Belfort itself at this player count is a little too much. That way you can keep the enemy count round the beach without too many problems.

Also, the repair truck at the SU25 base could do with a backpack and toolkit to work with ACE I think.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Siil++ - 10-03-2018

Updated the mission (attached to post). 

tl;dr More weapons, less objectives and some technical changes.

On an interesting note, the Su-25 takeoff problems were an intended feature. RHS insists on realistic takeoff lengths. I tried to mend that with some scripting, hopefully it works.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Variable - 10-03-2018

Hi Siil, did you add ACE defusion tools for the engineers?

Hi Variable.

Yes. And no.

On the first test there was a problem that engineers became "golden geese" that would be ordered to wait in boredom at the rear. So I made all members of the ground team able to defuse explosives. But the defusal equipment (including the ACE defusal kit) is limited to 5 sets located in the commanders vehicle, to be handed out according to the plan.  Hopefully this way things are more flexible and everyone is happily expendable at the front.

Expanded changelog:
-ACE defusal compatibility added.
-No more golden geese engineers. Everyone knows how to defuse a mine in a sapper unit in addition to their other role (machinegunner, medic etc..). 
-Two UAVs now with laser designators.
-Commander gets his own BRDM-2. 
-Su-25 pilots can overload their motors (only at the runway) for safer takeoff.
-The pilots also get parachutes because RHS ejection script sometimes forgets to give you one.
-Both Su-25 given LGB.
-ACRE long range radios (PRC-148 is the correct one, right?) for pilots that missed them.
-No more Sosovu island objective.
-Start moved to Sosovu.
-AI defense slightly redone.
-More equipment at the start. Players can even take a Kornet ATGM along for the assault, if they want. 
-Minefield reduced by half and its location is now defined in relation to visible objects on the beach.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Variable - 10-03-2018

We use the AN/PRC 152 for long range.
Also, please only attach the mission file to the opening post, replace it when you update. The OP must have the last version always.

LR changed to AN/PRC 152.
Opening post updated.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Siil++ - 10-06-2018

Another update, hopefully the last one. First post updated.

RE: co@20_landing_at_belfort.tanoa - Variable - 10-07-2018

Mission uploaded!