Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Arma Game (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on ACE and Medics (/showthread.php?tid=3533)

Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Phantom - 12-19-2016

First off, I prefer playing with ACE than before without ACE with the new features such as being able to aim your grenades, return of good ol' no bs fatigue system, backblast, medical supplies, etc. 

Something I did notice about before ACE with psychorevive (which now can break TFAR) was that we rely more on the medic when someone gets revive to go around and do a check to fully patch everyone back to 100%. With ACE, we tend to stick to bandages and morphine for small injuries. The time medical attention would be needed from a medic would be administering a blood transfusion (which Variable seem to need while he was unconscious on the floor, but I was already a dead medic when I ran up to Stick <bad judgment call on my part>). It seems that when everyone is still combat effective or just need to deal with small wounds in a firefight, they'll just have to rely on bandages and morphines. Chances of a major injury so far I've seen are a bit more rare and usually I've seen that we end up more often dead than in a state of critical injury where medic must administer blood transfusion. In terms of when medics are needed, sometimes the medic is already dead. I'd be curious to see more medic in action sometimes. 

I guess another thing about unconscious people, they can't communicate because they're knocked out. Sometimes we might think they're dead if they're not responding (unless someone goes up to the body and check it I guess). In most cases, I see that the person is already dead, in some cases they're not. If there's no medic around in that case with a lot of blood loss, they're as good as dead. I assume if they still got blood in them, then an epi-pen would do the trick.

Any thoughts from people who are more commonly medics in ACE since I haven't been around as often during school session. I do like playing medic every here and there myself.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Variable - 12-19-2016

What I'm missing is more cases of needing to use epinephrine to get unconscious people up. That alone will make the medic a lot of valuable since he's the only one that carries epinephrine by default.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Phantom - 12-19-2016

I'd actually like to see the case of needing epinephrine more in ACE. So Far I've seen more people ending up dead than needing epinephrine, although the circumstances have happen every now and then.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Alwarren - 12-19-2016

Well with Psycho everybody could revive too...

The loss of blood in ACE is something that only a medic can fix, and it has much more impact on the game than the loss of aiming accuracy that the normal injuries have. You drain stamina much faster after blood loss.

Relying on bandaging yourself isn't necessarily a bad thing. You have very limited medical supplies as a grunt, so eventually, you will have to go to a medic, especially if you got hit by fragmentation or by an explosion. 

Also, the next version of ACE will overhaul the medical system.

Finally, I don't think we can do much about it anyway. Personally, I wouldn't want to go back to the old way.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - McGregor - 12-19-2016

Over all I think our sentiment has been that it would be nice if unconsciousness happened a little more often. Unsure if anything can be done about that. In the end though ACE feels way better than psycho and going back is not an option. For me anyways

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Mjolnir - 12-19-2016

It would be better if it was closer to ArmA2 ACE, which had you knocked unconscious all the time, and you were unconscious a lot longer than you usually are in ACE3.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Varanon - 12-19-2016

(12-19-2016, 01:27 PM)Mjolnir Wrote: It would be better if it was closer to ArmA2 ACE, which had you knocked unconscious all the time, and you were unconscious a lot longer than you usually are in ACE3.

It might be possible to set some sort of pass-out-threshold... I'll take a look

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Variable - 12-19-2016

It's currently about 75% to get killed and 25% to get knocked out (out of which 90% of the times you wake up yourself after a while without needing a medic). Would have been great if this was reversed. Is that no configurable in some way?
[Ninja'd by Varanon]

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Alwarren - 12-19-2016

I am not sure we can have any influence on that. I'll check it, and ask on their thread, maybe I can add something to our server side addon. In any case, as I said, medical system is up for overhaul so things might improve.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Phantom - 12-19-2016

I guess we should wait and see how ace overhaul the medical system first? I rather not go back to the old days of psycho anyways, but reverse 75% unconcious 25% death would be nicer and probably give medic more of a role.

RE: Thoughts on ACE and Medics - Sputnik Monroe - 12-20-2016

I like the new system. Regarding unconscious team mates, when some one goes down I always run up and check that they are actually dead before leaving them now.