Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) (/showthread.php?tid=3314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Lightspeed - 03-13-2016

Sorry plz replace files on server with those added 13 march - I may have forgotten to copy the other files into mission 2.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Variable - 03-13-2016

Updated on the server.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Den - 03-14-2016

2nd mission was nice. Had fun playing it.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Varanon - 03-14-2016

Second mission:

Lightspeed, are you using UPS or UPSMON ?

When we arrived at the objective, it was totally deserted. I don't know if that would happen with default AI, but I definitely saw it happen with UPSMON.

Apart from that, good mission

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Variable - 03-14-2016

We played the second mission and it was a solid fun! Few comments:
1. The boats at the start started in midair and dropped right into the sea. I managed to get in them and make them float back up. We used them to cover some of the distance to the objectives. However, we had to spawn another boat, it didn't fit us all. I suggest to have enough boats that could have carried the team to the starting point.
2. The enemies at the airbase probably left their posts and engaged us. Once we got there it was deserted. I suggest to have some guys, especially in the buildings and warehouses, that will stay put and fight the players once they move in.
3. Mixture of weapons - we suggest to keep to one type of mod: RHS or CUP or Vanilla, having them mix feels a bit stale.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Alwarren - 03-14-2016

Really liked mission 2, there is only one thing that annoyed me (and I am really nitpicking here), and that's the fog/haze. I would cut it back by 50%, it just is annoying to not see them while they seem to see you.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Lightspeed - 03-14-2016

Thanks for the feedback.
Not using upsmon but usps script.
Even so i had units in guard mode so they shouldn't have left their posts.
Will make all of the necessary updates.

Interesting that you took the boats, I hadnt even considered that lol.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Lightspeed - 03-14-2016

Out of interest, what am I using in the way of weapons load out that is stale?
Pretty sure it should all be RHS for weapons.

Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Variable - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 05:43 AM)Lightspeed link Wrote: Even so i had units in guard mode so they shouldn't have left their posts.

This is how Guard works:
Quote:Guard
This waypoint works in conjunction with the 'Guarded by' trigger type, see that topic above for more details. The group will move to the waypoint's location, then wait for a point to require guarding. A guard point or object is only considered guarded if a group has been set to guard it through a Guard waypoint (any other friendly forces in the area are not considered). If there are several guard triggers, the group will move to the first placed (highest priority), unguarded trigger (or it's linked object). Once at a guard point, the group will continue to check if any higher priority guard point requires guarding, or for any enemies to engage. A group can be made to stop guarding using the setCurrentWaypoint command or a Switch trigger. Besides guarding areas marked by "Guarded by" triggers, guarding groups are also ordered to destroy any enemy units which are known to any group of the same side. See the Guarded by <side> trigger description for more details. See also: Waypoint:Guard.

I think that you need Sentry if you want them to hold position and not desert their post.
Quote:Sentry
The group will move to the waypoint and hold position until the group knows enough about an enemy unit to identify which side that belongs to, and that they are capable of attacking. At that point, the group will proceed to their next waypoint. They will normally also attack the spotted enemy on the way.
Guys please correct me if I'm wrong.

About the weapons, I had an RHS M4 with a vanilla Hammer scope (Alpha lead slot).

ok so all rhs weapons with rhs optics now.
mission naming in .sqm fixed
fog fixed.
boat added and floating fixed.
less patrols likely to lose their position and more units should stay at base.
mission should be good to go now.

thanx for the feedback!

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Den - 03-18-2016

3rd mission was fun!

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - alias - 03-18-2016

Awesome missions. Thank you! Let me know when you publish them on workshop.

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Varanon - 03-18-2016

Just played parts 3 and 4. Awesome!

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Stagwine - 03-18-2016

Good & fun missions!

On 3rd mission we ran to following issues:

- Locked boats (possibly intentional). Boats are also only for 5 and we are 12.
- Indestructable trawler. Task did not tick.
- Medic had 2 medikits.
- Mixed loadouts (RHS/CUP weapons + vanilla optics)

On 4th mission:

- No medikit on medic
- Also mixed loadouts (vanilla / RHS)
- Haze divided opinions.

Otherwise loved the missions, thanks!

Re: Campaign CO@12: Island Thunder 2 (Operation Powderburn) - Variable - 03-18-2016

Lighty I apologize, I might have missed your last update from the 14th. In any case, both missions were great! I might add that to add some illuminations on the enemy camps and strongpoints, it makes more sense if it's at night.