Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? (/showthread.php?tid=3278)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Lightspeed - 02-02-2016

Hey guys

I have completed 4 missions so far for my co-12 Island Thunder 2 campaign on Lingor.
Working on another 4+ missions.

Would require a few mods that you may not be using will have to confirm.

I am using the CiA mission structure.

Thanks

Lighty

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Variable - 02-02-2016

Hey Lighty, I'm glad to hear about your progress!
We can make an exception and add Lingor to our mod requirement list, but additional mods might be a problem. I'm not sure we can get all coop nights' participants to download more mods just to test 4 missions, as good as they will be (and I'm sure they'll be great since you are the author!).

I hope you'll be able to limit the mods used to our mod list, it's quite extensive. If it would be only to add Lingor then we will definitely test your campaign and provide a through feedback.

What mods do you use?

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Lightspeed - 02-02-2016

It looks like I'm using the same as yours except for:
Lingor
Leigh's Opfor
aN-2 mod, which will probably end up in CUP vehicles shortly.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Variable - 02-02-2016

What units do you use from Leigh's OPFOR? Maybe we can suggest alternatives.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Varanon - 02-02-2016

Regarding the An-2, you can replace it with the CUP DC-3. I will port the AN-2 ASAP and make sure it's in the next CUP release

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Lightspeed - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 02:29 PM)Variable link Wrote: What units do you use from Leigh's OPFOR? Maybe we can suggest alternatives.

Using African militia.

I will replace the AN-2 thanks, didn't know there was a DC3.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Alwarren - 02-02-2016

You could potentially use SLA or RACS (SLA mostly because they use Russian requipment) for opfor, just setFace an african face on them. Both will be in the upcoming CUP update.

how would I apply African faces to all the units?

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Alwarren - 02-02-2016

Stick this at the end of your init.sqf

Code:
[] spawn {
  sleep 0.1;
  _heads = ["AfricanHead_01","AfricanHead_02","AfricanHead_03"];
  {
    if (side _x != WEST) then {
      _head = _array select floor random count _array;
      _x setFace _head;
    };
} forEach allUnits;

Not tested in game, so might have syntax error.
You can stick any number of heads in the _heads list, some of the CSAT faces might work as well.

See this.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Lightspeed - 02-03-2016

Thanx mate, I will give it a try tonite.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Lightspeed - 02-03-2016

The DC3 does not sit on its back wheel when stationary - so I think I will wait on the addition of the AN-2 for now.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Varanon - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 01:16 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: The DC3 does not sit on its back wheel when stationary - so I think I will wait on the addition of the AN-2 for now.

The An-2 hast the same issue. Complain to BIS, because that's how planes without PhysX work in Arma 3.

And PhysX for planes is next to impossible to pull off, that's why the CUP planes don't have them

(02-02-2016, 11:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Stick this at the end of your init.sqf

Code:
[] spawn {
  sleep 0.1;
  _heads = ["AfricanHead_01","AfricanHead_02","AfricanHead_03"];
  {
    if (side _x != WEST) then {
      _head = _array select floor random count _array;
      _x setFace _head;
    };
} forEach allUnits;

Not tested in game, so might have syntax error.
You can stick any number of heads in the _heads list, some of the CSAT faces might work as well.

See this.

that didn't seem to work but I found this one:

Code:
if(Isserver)then{
FaceArray = ["AfricanHead_01","AfricanHead_02","AfricanHead_03"];
{if((side _x) == east)then{_x setface (FaceArray select (random(round(count facearray))))};}foreach allunits;
};

And the AN-2 from the small mod I dloaded did sit on the back wheel - not sure if author modified it somehow but def on all wheels.

Re: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign? - Alwarren - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 02:44 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: that didn't seem to work but I found this one:

Geez, define "didn't seem to work". If you look closely, this is the exact same code I posted just compressed.

Quote:
Code:
if(Isserver)then{
FaceArray = ["AfricanHead_01","AfricanHead_02","AfricanHead_03"];
{if((side _x) == east)then{_x setface (FaceArray select (random(round(count facearray))))};}foreach allunits;
};

"if (isserver)" is wrong. setFace has a local effect. You'll get away with this if it is all AI and no Zeus in game, but it is better to leave it out.