Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. (/showthread.php?tid=3211)

Pages: 1 2

Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Outlawz7 - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 11:06 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: The reason I am using spawn here, as opposed to the code in the sample mission, is that the init uses sleep and therefore will delay everything behind it until after the briefing.

Thanks for that one, I noticed the delay when I first used the script and opted for adding it at the end of the init.sqf

Also I prefer that
Quote:tcb_ais_show_3d_icons = 0;

is set to 1, that way you can tell who's wounded or who's just prone.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Variable - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 02:44 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: is set to 1, that way you can tell who's wounded or who's just prone.
I rather have those off. I never felt it's hard for me to distinguish between wounded and proned guys because they usually crawl (if they have any sense hehe) and the movement is slowed down in agony state.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Persioan MO - 10-01-2014

Quote:
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
        {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});
    };
};
What about JIP players? is this code working?
I,m using waitUntil {!isNull player}; before calling revive script in init.sqf.If i use []spawn  {}, still i should use waituntil code?

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Alwarren - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 05:18 PM)Persian MO link Wrote: What about JIP players? is this code working?
I,m using waitUntil {!isNull player}; before calling revive script in init.sqf.If i use []spawn  {}, still i should use waituntil code?

Yeah, you can wait inside the spawned code.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Watchmen - 11-11-2014

(11-10-2014, 12:23 PM)McGregor link Wrote:I had a great time in this mission until I died. Lot's to do as the medic, constantly running back and forth. I just wish the medic system worked in a different way. Instead of the meter going to a 100% and then the patient just die. Have it go to 60-70% and give a message like "The patient bled out" or something. To be honest I would really like to have something like there was in ACE for Arma 2. Adrenaline, and morphine etc. You had to manage supply's and prioritize your patients. If someone got shot but didn't need full first aid, just give him some morphine to steady his aim. It made medic gameplay very fun.
I also enjoyed Etzu's leading, immersive and engaging, good work

Sorry to hear about the revive system failing, it really pains me to hear of such incidents. There is nothing more frustrating and exasperating than the a revive procedure suddenly failing for no reason at all resulting in the players death and permanent exclusion from the mission(truthfully i wanted to add a respawn option that would still retain an element of realism because of how long the mission is). I have no idea why the respawn system behaves the way it did and i really abhore the random death chance, i think overly strict systems do not belong in a coop game but i just threw in the values from the "easy revive script" thread. I just wish so many players did not have their game ended because of death without the chance to return for the duration of the whole mission. It is tragic because it seems there were some fun moments to be had that many players missed out on because of death and had to suffer the long wait while the rest of the team played through them without sufficient manpower.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Variable - 11-11-2014

Watchmen there's nothing in McGregor's post to imply the revive system failed. He merely expressed his wish for a first aid function that doesn't wait to the end of the procedure to let you know the patient died, when he dies. That's it. The Psycho injury system had zero negative effect on the mission.
Given that respawn is out of the question in CiA, players death during a treatment is part of the deal, and happens in all semi realistic or fully realistic medical systems. While we have our views and different preferences regarding the exact behaviors of those medical scripts, we don't want it in any other way.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - McGregor - 11-11-2014

As Variable said. I was merely expressing my personal wishes for a more nuanced medic system. Nothing to do with the mission it self. I Thought it was great and had a Super time while I was still alive

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Watchmen - 11-12-2014

Perhaps i misunderstood, you see i had the understanding it was a major annoyance to everyone when random deaths during revival happens. I am not urging anyone to agree with my views on death during treatment and i understand we have different positions regarding it. I am just expressing my opinion that i think it shouldnt be in a coop game.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Phantom - 11-12-2014

In terms of medical system, psycho does it random no matter how large the wound, if it goes by severity and blood loss instead, it would make more sense for a more nuance medical system and such.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - doveman - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 05:39 AM)Watchmen link Wrote:Perhaps i misunderstood, you see i had the understanding it was a major annoyance to everyone when random deaths during revival happens. I am not urging anyone to agree with my views on death during treatment and i understand we have different positions regarding it. I am just expressing my opinion that i think it shouldnt be in a coop game.

I do find it quite annoying that it waits until 100% before randomly healing or killing the patient and would prefer a system like Phantom describes, where the treatment depends on the wound/injury, so that the medic has to choose the correct treatment. Or at least a system where it doesn't wait until 100% before randomly killing the patient.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Outlawz7 - 11-12-2014

I'm pretty sure using the realistic mode in Psycho's revive doesn't do the 50/50 and kill you at 100%, that's the revive guarantee mode.

tcb_ais_revive_guaranty        =  true;        //  set to true for a 100% revive chance. False, and the unit got a 50/50 chance to fall in agony or die immediately. Attention: Take note of the settings for "tcb_ais_realistic_mode"!
tcb_ais_realistic_mode        =  true;        //  set to true and units will die if they take a headshot or a heavy explosion nearby. Attention: if set to true, the revive chance guaranty are disabled!

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Varanon - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 08:47 AM)doveman link Wrote:I do find it quite annoying that it waits until 100% before randomly healing or killing the patient and would prefer a system..

Working on it.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Variable - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 09:18 AM)Varanon link Wrote: Working on it.
Varanon, you rock my world.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Phantom - 01-26-2015

I'll add alwarren's edit to AIS_Injury on this post too (maybe add to main thread might help) so it'll be easier for people to find.

Re: Quick way to add Psycho's revive to missions. - Chief - 05-05-2015

I was thinking of adding this to my iron front in arma 3 missions rather than just respawn to group or bird. Does this still work for arma 3?