Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] (/showthread.php?tid=3097)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Variable - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 06:04 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Just an FYI, the Pulsate Ion Conspiracies mission are all on workshop too :o
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=506543467
Oh damn... Missed that.

(10-09-2015, 06:04 AM)Phantom link Wrote:For 3rd mission when I tested alone, when I called in BMP reinforcements, they did a good job at taking down the shilkas.
In my previous post I meant the 4th mission.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-09-2015

Reading Stagwine's post on 3rd mission...

You guys didn't use flares? D: D: D:  ... the BMD was loaded with extra secondary slot flares too. They light up really well. As for why insurgents have lots of equipments, you can probably guess why later Tongue .

As for the 4th mission. How many RPGs does it take to kill a Shilka? D: Damn, I wish the ZU-23 was back... I can see moving shilka will be problematic for that one, not so much on the 3rd mission though since the BMP reinforcements can fight with it.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - doveman - 10-09-2015

Unfortunately, whilst our BMD survived for a fair bit of the mission, it eventually got blown up with most of the gear still in it.

Maybe we should have emptied it all out at a designated safe spot for people to resupply from before getting too close to the base.

4th mission I think we only killed one Shilka and that took 3 RPGs. It also didn't help that the 3 vehicles parked in the hangar were able to shoot us through the back wall when we were using it for cover!

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-09-2015

Note to Self When I get to Updates:

Mission 4:
- Remove 3 Shilkas
- Remove Armor in hanger

Mission 5:
- Fix the missing crate that broke with RHS update
- Add BS notification (when you learn more about who the insurgents are in the briefing)
- Hope you guys have enough artillery Wink
- Hope that the lag goes away after a shitton of guys die

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-11-2015

Not sure if I can get the direct 3D position composition thing working anymore for the wall to prevent guys from shooting through or whatevers :/ I'll just remove the vehicles in the hanger.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-11-2015

Updated Mission 2 added disableRemoteSensors true;

Updated Mission 4 removed 3 shilkas. Removed vehicles in hanger. Added RPG-26 in assault boats.

Updated Mission 5. Fixed missing ammoboxes. Added some UAZs and motorboats for people some people to stay back at the base and shoot artillery while watching SATCOM and then regrouping with the main team later. Added notification for device.

^I meant the above as a joke

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-26-2015

I won't have time to update this campaign at all for a while. Been busy driving relatives to and from the hospital to visit my grandpa and I have exams coming up. This campaign did drain the crap out of me to be honest and I don't want to deal with it much anymore and I might rather want to work on something else.

This was what I intended for it... spoilers ahead. Pretty much this spoil the whole campaign if you click the highlights.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - doveman - 10-26-2015

We understand Phantom. Family and exams have to come first.

Even when things settle down and you do have time to work on missions it makes more sense to start afresh with CUP, if that is more suited to fulfilling your vision for this campaign.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Stagwine - 10-26-2015

No worries Phantom. Hope grandpa is ok and exams goes well.

When you have energy (or Tactical Bacon +1), don't lose hope on Pulsate Ion. I know well the angst when mission doesn't work as planned and as a result my hair style resembles Vin Diesel/Yul Brunner, but like Variable said, underneath is a great mission. I really like the feeling that you aren't only unit on the battlefield, but as we commented, this was too much. There is now almost under strenght battalion on the field (and we are 1 squad with 1 vehicle : ) )

My quick recommendations:

- Limit AI groups. A lot. 80-90%. What hits performance most is number of groupswith any pathfinding, or combat AI.  I'd say max 4-5 vehicles and sane amount of infantry in the town, considering the strenght of our squad. Sure, you have support, and friendlies, but still.

- Shilkas on rooftops. I'd say no. Portable AA team on rooftop would make tactical sense, but crane lifted Shilka, especially in pairs is pushing it. My biggest worry is that most rooftops in Thirsk aren't accessible. If it won't be knocked out with arty, we would have to deal with it with RPGs, possibly at very long range due angles of fire and armor of Shilka is what it is. We could end up with  non-destructible Shilka on the roof with no access to it, or worse, we damage it, crew ejects and goes prone. As a general rule, if placing units to rooftops, there should be access to it.

- SatCom is cool feature, but limit firemissions to 1-2! That forces commander to make a tactical decision to prioritize threats. Now it was more of turning the town to a new Stalingrad. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this context less is more.

- Place friendlies bit further away at the airfield, or enemies futher away. Now most of the friendlies took fire immediately at start of the mission (unless it is on purpose of course).

-  That all said, I had *LOT* of fun with hectic urban combat when we finally got to action with some great Arma 3 moments! I like the concept of amphibious crossing the inlet and attacking town with friendlies and support. This is definetely a mission I want to play again one day!

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-26-2015

I wish there were ZU-23 instead.... CUP has them so yay... I'd spam those for guerillas instead of Shilkas.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Varanon - 10-27-2015

Dunno if they are already in, but we've also got some ZU-23 mounted on a Ural truck... but I think it's not released yet

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-27-2015

I just downloaded the CUP Vehicles and saw them in the Takistan cars :o

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Outlawz7 - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 01:01 AM)Varanon link Wrote:Dunno if they are already in, but we've also got some ZU-23 mounted on a Ural truck... but I think it's not released yet

There's ZU-23 trucks, working. But you can't access the static one from editor, only through spawning/Virtual Garage.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Stagwine - 10-30-2015

Hey Phantom,

Don't want to appear like lazy bum with no imagination but I have been plotting next episodes for my Winter is coming campaign and more I think, more I'd like to use the same basic idea, amphibious assault to town of Thirsk in one my of my missions. Mind if I leech the basic plot?

I credit you and promise to include lot, well some, at least one Shilka to mission!

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 10-30-2015

Take all the inspirations you like Smile