Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] (/showthread.php?tid=3097)

Pages: 1 2 3

Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 08-19-2015

[Image: UtEU4D6.jpg]

Background:
Thirsk has been a secret military research island for the Russian military for the past three years. Uranium and plutonium [size=1em]research has been held here alongside with new armor and ballistic testing for the current Russian armory. One month ago, August 1, 2017, we lost contact with the director of the plutonium research, Peter Ivanovich. Many scientists, workers, and soldiers stationed in Thirsk had immediately started to go missing after that.[/size]
[size=1em]
August 7, 2017, Russian intelligence decided to investigate further into the situation. Intelligence reported that there had been a boom in the population on Thirsk although all of the workers stationed there had been male. Many of these inhabitants were however wearing ski masks, armed with AKs, and drove around a couple offroads and vehicles. Ironically, we didn't station any offroads armed with a machinegun there nor did we spot any ships arriving in Thirsk with vehicles. There were no air traffic arriving in Thirsk either.

August 14, 2017, Russian intelligence spotted various pirates and smugglers arriving to Thirsks and trading with the new inhabitants there. Russian Spetsnaz raided one of the ship on route towards Thirsk to find that they are trading organs, chiemicals, weapons, uranium, plutonium, Agent Orange, and other harmful substances.

August 18, 2017, Russian had successfully created a blockade to prevent further trafficking activity from entering Thirsks.

August 21, 2017, four teams of Russian recon units were sent into the southern and eastern part of Thirsks while Russian intelligence are going over intel with whatever data they have on the northern region of Thirsks from the raids against the trafficking activities.

August 22, 2017, Russian intelligence lost signal with the four Russian recon units. They had orders to return home if their mission was compromised or communication has been loss.

August 31, 2017, there has been no words about the four Russian recon units. A few guerilla soldiers and smuggler were detected on Mustikkasaari. Moscow sent Spetsnaz to eliminate them and secure Mustikkasaari by night to get closer to what is going on in Thirsk. The raid was successful and a small base shall be established in Mustikkasaari.

The Russian Federation wishes to end this crisis in Thirsk as soon as possible without involving any outsiders, especially NATO, in fear of leaking secret intel about the research in Thirsk. Currently, no outsiders have any info about the situation in Thirsk.

The operation to recapture Thirsk and resolve the situation in Thirsk is designated to Commander Vasily Kremkov. The first part of the operation will be to start from the north of Thirsk and expand southward. Viktor Squad, lead by Lieutenant Vladimir Kirov, one of the mechanized infantry designated for the mission will be next to continue the attack on Thirsk. Kremkov hopes to seize the Thirsk airbase within two to three days to ensure security for reinforcements by helicopter.

Note: Exact same background can be found in first mission. Each mission has the same background with added information to the end as mission progress.

Missions:
[/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 1 - Investigation: Viktor Squad investigates northwestern Thirsk for evidence and secure intel about the situation in Thirsk.[/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 2 - Defense: Viktor Squad defends a compound in northwestern Thirsk from a large wave of insurgents counterattack. [/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 3 - Attack the Airbase: Viktor Squad assist Russian reinforcements in seizing Thirsk airbase.[/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 4 - Infiltration: Sputnik Squad leads a surprise attack on the southern airbase of Thirsk. [/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 5 - Thirsk: Viktor Squad assist Russian Army in eliminating the last stronghold of insurgents hiding in the heart of Thirsk.[/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 6 - Revenge: Insurgents release a video footage of gruesome executions and claim that they have been murdering Russian scientists, researchers, and anyone who has been on Thirsk the moment the Thirsk incident started. Insurgents claim that no matter how many defeats they take, they will still not back down unless all of them are exterminated. Search for the insurgents hiding around the outskirts of Thirsk and kill them without mercy.[/size]
  • [size=1em]Mission 7 - Final Strike: Arrest or kill the leader behind the Thirsk incident.[/size]
[size=1em]
Required Addons:

RHS: Armed Forces of Russian Federation
All in Arma Terrain Pack
Thirsk[/size]

FHQ Accessories (optional for Mission 7)

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 08-19-2015

Updated missions. Added clearItemCargoGlobal for backpacks to prevent the doubling of Medkits, FAKs, and Toolkits.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 08-21-2015

Updated mission

Mission 1 - removed 35 units
Mission 2 - Added an area to not leave when defending (to prevent exploits of driving away from the defense area and sitting it out to win). You can leave if there's still some Russian soldiers in the vicinity. It'll only fail if everyone completely bails out.

Note: You can drive BTRs into the water, its amphibious. The woods ain't the nicest place to fight either when you can't see much (easy for the BTR to get hit by surprise attacks). I am not using UPS or anything, seems like the AI decided to leave their post and clump together so I removed a handful around. I actually thought you guys would take the suggested route Tongue but that really doesn't matter much. We were attacked from both the barn and the compound we plan to attack since we were close to the barn too (which has enemies).

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 08-22-2015

Added 3rd mission.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 08-26-2015

Added 4th mission

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 09-04-2015

5th mission isn't ready yet, should be almost finish but.... hey... looks like Russian do color themselves red I think.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Map-Ukraine.jpg

Ukraine is blue, Russians are red :o

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Alwarren - 09-04-2015

(09-04-2015, 04:56 AM)Phantom link Wrote:5th mission isn't ready yet, should be almost finish but.... hey... looks like Russian do color themselves red I think.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Map-Ukraine.jpg

Ukraine is blue, Russians are red :o

Is that a Russian or a Ukrainian map?

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 09-04-2015

Not sure. Damn, I haven't found a map where Russian color themselves blue yet... or maybe Google don't filter Russian things much or I might not be looking hard enough.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Variable - 09-04-2015

It's ok, it's a cool mind shift to refer to red as friendly.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Misha - 09-04-2015

In Yugoslavia, which was a communist state, in military exercises, blue was the color of the enemy and the red represented "our" side. Not sure about Warsaw pact or USSR, as Yugoslavia was not in military alliance with either. Could be the same, though.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Outlawz7 - 09-04-2015

I found this
http://armawiki.zumorc.de/index.php/Tactical_Symbols_(Warsaw_Pact)

Quote:The base color of the the tactical symbols are black and white. Reciprocal to the NATO Tactical Symbols friendly forces are depicted in red, with their designations in black lettering, the enemy is depicted with the same symbols in blue color both for the lettering and symbols.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/concepts_natomap.html
[Image: 5.gif]

Hmm, it would probably have made more sense if I color the green markers blue then.

I'm having trouble with a script if anyone can help me out. SATCOM. I got it working in Zaros Conspiracy mission I made. What I hate about it is its too random on what or what the fuck didn't work.

For some reason if I add pictures to briefing it stops working, its weird. I copy and pasted the exact computers I had SATCOM on in Zaros Conspriracy and it works in the editor for a bit. Once I reload the mission and such it no longer works. So I changed it out into the init.sqf like what it says in the readme (OA version, I ported to Arma 3, though there's an Arma 3 version now which I couldn't get working), no go...

EDIT: Got the Arma 3 version one working now... I kind of like the looks of the Arma 2 one better.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 09-05-2015

Mission 5 is out.

Re: Campaign: Pulsate Ion Conspiracies - Shadows of Thirsky [COOP 11] - Phantom - 09-07-2015

Mission 1 updated. I even played it on the server solo to make sure it was beatable Smile . It was a painful experience of micromanaging because AIs surely love to give me a "fuck you". I don't get how people play with psycho revive on SP sometimes. The AI just sits there and not revive me while they wait for me to bleedout. Plus AIs are bad at retreating, manuevering fast, commencing ambush, or taking hard cover for defense missions. For the first mission it isn't too problematic since I can use all the time I want.

Anyways I removed 20 AIs and told all of the units that are suppose to hunker down to hold position (including sentry guys, they might get a bit retarded but, sentries shouldn't abandon their posts <it was funny when I went behind their back, breathe on them and they still sit there with disableAI "move" though...>). That'll prevent the AI zerg rush clusterfuck that I did not intend to happen.