Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Voice acting in missions - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Voice acting in missions (/showthread.php?tid=3007)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Voice acting in missions - Stagwine - 05-10-2016

It just happens to be that I need few lines (of English) spoken in Arnold/German accent. A KSK team communicating with HQ.  You have my gratitude and your name will live in (in)fame while the mission remains in workshop.

1: "Citadel, Lion. Boots on the ground, how copy?"
2: "Lion-1 copies. We expedite our progress. Out"
3: "Citadel, Lion. Express to Night Lands has departed. Valar Morghulis, how copy?"
4: "Lion copies all. AAA on target area. Out"
5: "Citadel, Lion. Unable to proceed. Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission, how copy?!"
6: "Night Watch, Lion. Boots at extraction, how copy?"
7: "Lion copies. New tasking to follow. Out."
8: "Lion copies all"

Wonder if we have anyone meeting the criteria reading these forums  8)

Re: Voice acting in missions - Varanon - 05-10-2016

I tried, but it sounds ridiculous. I have zero talent for voice acting, I'm afraid

Re: Voice acting in missions - Alwarren - 05-10-2016

Problem with this is that you almost automatically fall into carricature mode. It get ridiculous pretty fast. I can't do a convincing German accent, it sounds like Nazi Officer.

Re: Voice acting in missions - Stagwine - 05-10-2016

I don't want to pressurize anyone but you sound great! Just speak your lines in perfectly normal fashion like if it was comms during coop night! It is perfect! I.e don't 'act', just imagine it is regular coop evening. Don't overdo accent, just talk normally. Besides, if I start making missions for Iron Front, now I know who to ask...

Besides, it is not only me who thinks you sound great. Read comments:

Code:
the leader sounds like arnold schwarzenegger...?

Re: Voice acting in missions - Varanon - 05-10-2016

I know, but the problem is, those are lines that I read, it's not something I speak.

Sorry, it really doesn't work. I don't even try to voice my own missions anymore since I know it doesn't work

Re: Voice acting in missions - Varanon - 05-11-2016

Maybe I'll retry tomorrow when I feel less shitty

Re: Voice acting in missions - Alwarren - 05-14-2016

Here's the samples, hope they aren't too bad.

Re: Voice acting in missions - Stagwine - 05-15-2016

Perfect. Thank you!

RE: Voice acting in missions - Varanon - 09-10-2016

(05-25-2015, 04:15 PM)SPhoenix Wrote: Thankfully, we now have Reddit's /r/RecordThis to help us.
You can make a post to ask for help and they will record your lines for free! Most of them have access to professional equipment and will be able to act a certain way if you make it clear!
Sadly, you are no longer allowed to make unpaid requests in that particular subreddit.

There is /r/recordthisforfree but the amount of actual "request fulfillment" is rather low...

Too bad, I have a new mission that has quite some lines, so I will leave them blank :|