Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Radio configuration discussion - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Radio configuration discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2966)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Radio configuration discussion - Variable - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 11:57 AM)Varanon link Wrote:Wasn't there some server-side option to make all channels use the same frequency ?

No. This is the config, with our settings:

Code:
// =================================================
// Server side only
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 1;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 0;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 0;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_same_dd_frequencies_for_side = 1;
// END: Server side only
// Client side
tf_default_radioVolume = 7;
// END: Client side

Re: Radio configuration discussion - UnNamedGER - 04-16-2015

looks to me like the

"tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 0" switched to "1" might do the trick, probably every squad would need to switch to their respective chanel at the beginning  ( just guessing here)

Re: Radio configuration discussion - doveman - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 10:38 AM)McGregor link Wrote:Whooa this really took off during the night
After sleeping on the subject all night I have reached the conclusion that I see the need for everyone to hear LR so there's no talking over the LR traffic. Although I feel it happens a bit despite that. An other thing is that as a regular team member I sometimes feel like I have too much radio chatter going trough my ears to be able to focus on the task at hand I.E locating shooters, hearing close contacts etc. Maybe that's just me though

I'm not sure but I think you might be able to adjust the volume for the main SR channel and the additional one separately. If not, having the main channel on both ears and the additional only on one helps a bit.

Another workaround would be to set whatever the squad's main SR channel (e.g. Ch.1 for Alpha) as the additional (which you will hear all the time) and the additional channel used to listen to the LR (e.g. Ch.5) as the main, as then you can quickly switch the main channel to an unused one (i.e. Ch.9) using the numpad to silence the LR chatter if you need to concentrate on not being killed and just as quickly switch it back to the correct one when things calm down. You'll have to remember to use T to transmit on your normal SR frequency and Caps to transmit on the LR one if you do that so it would be best to just swap those mappings over.

Quote:And about the NUM keys, is it not possible to configure the channel selecting with a modifier? Right Ctrl+NUM1 etc. Then they wouldn't interfere with the Raven controls

Yeah, that's probably the best option at the moment, so assuming that works (I can't see why it wouldn't) I'd suggest everyone does that to avoid problems

EDIT: Actually Ctrl+Numpad is assigned to quick switch LR channels by default but I can't imagine really needing to do that, so we could just unmap those and re-assign them to quick switch SR channel.

Re: Radio configuration discussion - Variable - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 12:47 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:looks to me like the

"tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 0" switched to "1" might do the trick, probably every squad would need to switch to their respective chanel at the beginning  ( just guessing here)
I think that will just set everybody's channel 1 to the same frequency. We will have to check (not on coop night) to confirm.
Edit: Actually, since it says frequencies, on plural, it might work after all.

Re: Radio configuration discussion - doveman - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 12:47 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:looks to me like the

Assuming that works, as well as designating Ch.1 for Alpha, Ch.2 for Bravo, etc we should decide on a channel we'll use to listen to the LR, maybe something high like 8 or 9, so that we can standardise the instructions to explain to people how to set that up.

I noticed in the first post on the TFAR thread, there's a link to a script "Frequencies on map by Zealot (updated for 0.9.0)" http://wogames.info/topic/130-zamorozheno-platforma-dlia-tvt-missii-ot-zealot/#entry5727

That sounds useful but as it's a script, does that mean it would have to be included in each mission, or is it something we can apply globally?

Re: Radio configuration discussion - McGregor - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 01:25 PM)Variable link Wrote:I think that will just set everybody's channel 1 to the same frequency. We will have to check (not on coop night) to confirm.
Edit: Actually, since it says frequencies, on plural, it might work after all.

Was about to say but you beat me to it  Smile

@doveman

That's an interesting concept. I will have to play around with that a bit

Re: Radio configuration discussion - McGregor - 04-24-2015

After tonight's confusion about frequencies when people switch teams on the fly maybe we should look into doing the "channel" thing? It would have made things a lot easier during Varanons mission. I'm available most times for testing

Re: Radio configuration discussion - doveman - 04-24-2015

I agree it would've been better, particularly on that mission where I got passed around like a bong Wink it would have been much easier if I could have just changed channels instead of having to keep entering new frequencies.

Re: Radio configuration discussion - Variable - 04-25-2015

(04-24-2015, 01:52 AM)McGregor link Wrote:After tonight's confusion about frequencies when people switch teams on the fly maybe we should look into doing the "channel" thing? It would have made things a lot easier during Varanons mission. I'm available most times for testing
(04-24-2015, 02:13 AM)doveman link Wrote:I agree it would've been better, particularly on that mission where I got passed around like a bong Wink it would have been much easier if I could have just changed channels instead of having to keep entering new frequencies.
I keep forgetting about that, please remind the leader of the next mission.

Re: Radio configuration discussion - doveman - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 10:00 AM)Variable link Wrote:I keep forgetting about that, please remind the leader of the next mission.

Did you set "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 1" already?

I haven't. Do you have time to test now?

(04-25-2015, 10:33 AM)Variable link Wrote:I haven't. Do you have time to test now?
Yeah. I can jump on in a minute.

Anyone else wanna test, we're on the server now?

Ok, tested and confirmed. The good news are that with the new setting all SR radios now have the same frequencies for each of the channels. The bad news are that all teams start on channel 1, so all teams hear each other when the mission start unless each team (except, say, alpha) switch to its corresponding channel (Bravo to channel 2, Charlie to channel 3, and so forth). We will keep this setting for the next coop nights and see how it goes.

Just make sure that when you set your alternate channel you set it on channel 9 or whatever the highest we have there so you'll not override Bravo team's frequency.

Re: Radio configuration discussion - Variable - 04-27-2015

Any feedback on the new configuration? Whether or not Alwarren manages to make it all seamless, I say we keep it!