Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Going to bake my gpu - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Going to bake my gpu (/showthread.php?tid=2899)

Going to bake my gpu - Watchmen - 02-08-2015

Long story short: my 670 crashed one day and is not responding, tried everything software related, didnt work. Conclusion, gpu is spoilt. Going to try this as a last resort before buying a brand new card.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Watchmen - 02-08-2015

Asus Gtx 670 DCII

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Den - 02-08-2015

No longer have a warranty for your card? Try to RMA it?

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Phantom - 02-09-2015

(02-08-2015, 05:38 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:Long story short: my 670 crashed one day and is not responding, tried everything software related, didnt work. Conclusion, gpu is spoilt. Going to try this as a last resort before buying a brand new card.

I did this on an old 9800 GT, it worked again for 1 month. Out of warranty? If you can solder yourself, try that first (i don't have soldering tools since my dad took them out but then I haven't solder a thing before). After that, it'll continuously die.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Rund - 02-09-2015

I tried it with a laptop 8600GT, and it worked for like 2 seconds Smile Then I tried again using 20 degrees more, and it didn't do anything afterwards.

If all else is hopeless, it's worth a shot, but don't expect too much.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Phantom - 02-10-2015

If you still have warranty... use that. If not and you have soldering equipment, its worth a shot for manual soldering. If you're going to bake it... expect it to be completely down after a month if it works. My 9800 GT worked for about another month, then i rebaked it, it worked for a week, then only like a day or 2 and then it was dead dead.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Misha - 02-10-2015

Never heard that GPU lasted long after being treated in the oven if it temporarily fixed it.

But if you have no warranty then nothing to lose by cooking.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Watchmen - 02-11-2015

Ugh.. These comments are real disappointing. I really don't want to destroy my gpu but if baking it is my only shot, I've got no other choice. Will post results when I get down to it, real busy with work these days.

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Phantom - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 03:53 AM)Watchmen link Wrote:Ugh.. These comments are real disappointing. I really don't want to destroy my gpu but if baking it is my only shot, I've got no other choice. Will post results when I get down to it, real busy with work these days.
Do you still have warranty on it? If not, then you have nothing to lose unless you know how to solder then do that

Re: Going to bake my gpu - Watchmen - 02-13-2015

I threw away most of the papers and the box my gpu came with. All i have left is the installation manual and drivers CD. Besides i dont think warranty usually lasts more than 2 years right? I really cant remember many details when i bought it.