Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
New PC - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: New PC (/showthread.php?tid=2885)

New PC - ck-claw - 01-29-2015

I know the minute i play again there's the chance of me getting pissed off with my PC setup!

So to combat (no pun intended) that i've just ordered these babies:-

1x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red, PC3-19200 (2400), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 11-13-13-31, XMP, 1.65V

1x Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 Intel Z97, S1150, DDR3, PCIe 3.0 (x16), 2 Way CrossFireX, HDMI, ATX

1x Intel Core i7 4790K, S1150, Haswell, 4 Core 4.4GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1.2GHz GPU, 40x Ratio, 84W, Retail *C0 Stepping*

1x 2GB EVGA GTX 960 SSC, ACX 2.0+ Tech, PCIe 3.0, 7010MHz GDDR5, GPU 1279MHz, Boost 1342MHz, Cores 1024, DVI/DP1.2/HDMI 2.0

Should be here friday? and with a bit of robbing from this old thing? should be up and running pretty soon  8)

Re: New PC - Varanon - 01-29-2015

Yay! CK is coming back... and with a vengeance (at least the memory is Vengeance Big Grin)

Good to hear from you CK, looking forward to playing with you again!

You have been missed!

May the Cider be with you

Re: New PC - doveman - 01-29-2015

Nice system ck. No PSU there though, does it run on cider Smile Looking forward to having you fighting alongside us again soon.

Re: New PC - ck-claw - 01-29-2015

Cheers guys, i have a bloody good PsU in this thing so no need to get one (hopefully), also have SSD coming too Smile

Re: New PC - McGregor - 01-29-2015

Looking forward to playing with you again CK. It's been a while. Good luck with putting it all together  Big Grin

Re: New PC - ck-claw - 02-01-2015

Bah , the 2nd order (ssd & hdd) turned up but the rest (1st) order has been delayed as the ram is supposedly out of stock?
When I actually chose parts that said 'in stock' Sad

Re: New PC - Varanon - 02-02-2015

Bah, I hate it when you are forced to wait for that one final part to pop up! Hopefully it will show up soon!

Re: New PC - ck-claw - 02-03-2015

Yeah, just sent em snotty email bout it!
The only thing I didn't buy was a PsU as I have a decent one but, just started having an issue like Variable?
Pc fans fire up then pc dies seconds later! So just on safe side have ordered a Corsair 750w gold full modular Smile

Re: New PC - Variable - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 01:32 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: Yeah, just sent em snotty email bout it!
The only thing I didn't buy was a PsU as I have a decent one but, just started having an issue like Variable?
Pc fans fire up then pc dies seconds later! So just on safe side have ordered a Corsair 750w gold full modular Smile
In my case it was just dust somewhere. After dusting all the components the problem was gone. I keep the case open, since.

Re: New PC - Stick - 02-03-2015

Wow for the first time ever, in all these years I've known you you will have a better PC than what I have got! ;D Nice one!!!!

Re: New PC - Valhalian - 02-06-2015

Yup, hope you get your HW and join us soon  Smile

As far as the power supply goes. I know you already ordered yours, but just in case this site is pretty good for telling you what kind of PSU you will need:
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Re: New PC - ck-claw - 02-11-2015

Lol cheers Stick, ive always been 10 steps behind everyone else Wink
Almost all up and running but!!! Still SSD etc to install, just wanted it running basic 1st
But ffs I cant access Steam! Ya build a gaming pc and cant play games!!
Tried everything? but no verification email??so now have contacted their support which will prob take weeks?  >Sad

Re: New PC - Variable - 02-11-2015

Nah I bet they'll get back to you in a day or two. Are you sure you checked the correct email account?

Re: New PC - ck-claw - 02-11-2015

Every single one i have mate-checked spam/other folders too, never had this problem before?

Apparently?? Outlook is blocking steam emails? they are on a fix lol