Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Cojones Fritos - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Cojones Fritos (/showthread.php?tid=2873)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Cojones Fritos - Variable - 02-04-2015

Uploaded.

Re: Cojones Fritos - alias - 02-16-2015

Update. End trigger fail safe. Same link. Thanks!

Re: Cojones Fritos - alias - 02-22-2015

Update. Same link as in OP.

Change log:
* replaced CUP units with vanilla
* added additional fail safe for partisans

My suggestion is so skip this mission in case doesn't work again. Prison Break and Rabbit Hole can be played in whichever order, these mission are taking place in parallel, so no specific order required.

I found nothing that could kill all players, my best guess is something about elevation of the map, if the mission is still unplayable after this fix i will port it to another map. This still doesn't explain why the mission can be played with fewer players and unplayable with 15. But this is how things are with ARMA sometimes... mysterious Smile

Next milestone in my campaign is Angry Birds, is where the story takes another turn.

Re: Cojones Fritos - Outlawz7 - 02-25-2015

(02-22-2015, 06:19 PM)alias link Wrote: I found nothing that could kill all players, my best guess is something about elevation of the map

Well, if we're hunting Big Foot, what's all that PWNR stuff in your mission? Maybe the boatload of scripts and variables is causing this somewhere.

I'm certain the end message was the 'loser' ending, try redefining it to confirm.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Debriefing#Default_Lose_Debriefing

Re: Cojones Fritos - Varanon - 02-25-2015

(02-22-2015, 06:19 PM)alias link Wrote: I found nothing that could kill all players, my best guess is something about elevation of the map, if the mission is still unplayable after this fix i will port it to another map. This still doesn't explain why the mission can be played with fewer players and unplayable with 15. But this is how things are with ARMA sometimes... mysterious Smile

A suggestion, and don't take this the wrong way. I liked your missions, but you try to be too special in most cases, and with too many scripts running (and you've got a lot of background activity in each mission), you are likely to get into problems.

It's not that you shouldn't have scripts, but as a beginner, you can quickly lose oversight.

My first few missions were all mostly scriptless, just straight forward stuff with an occasional script for some specific purpose. That was all I could handle, and trust me, I can handle a lot since I am a professional programmer working on nothing less than operating system kernels in my line of work.

So my suggestion is, take a step back and keep it simpler until you really have a grip on scripting. The fact that you use pre-made scripts from Armaholic doesn't change this fact, there are sometimes interaction between scripts, or downright bugs.

And, as always, take very special care about locality!

As I said, this isn't meant to discourage you, quite the contrary. You will find that starting simple will be pretty motivational.

Re: Cojones Fritos - alias - 02-25-2015

Good points, thanks guys.

At some point i'll change the entire frame work i'm working with, i don't use more than 5% from it anyways.
I have a prime suspect for the bug and if my last fix doesn't work i'll deal with it.

What makes it difficult to diagnose is that the problem appeared only when we filled the slots, i had no problems with less players and we were even able to play it from start to finish without a bump.

Re: Cojones Fritos - Alwarren - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 02:13 PM)alias link Wrote: What makes it difficult to diagnose is that the problem appeared only when we filled the slots, i had no problems with less players and we were even able to play it from start to finish without a bump.

Granted, but Varanon is right. Try to go simple. You do not have a lot of experience with scripting, and by making your missions like they are, you are making things difficult for yourself, and frustrating for the players when something doesn't work.

Not saying that my missions always work, but if at all I try to keep things simple. Ask yourself if feature X is really required, and if not, leave it out.

Case in point, the meteorites. Sure, they do add something but one or two would have been sufficient. When we were in that large open field and got constantly hit by them, caught in an endless cycle of getting hit and getting each other up, it frustrated us as players enough to abort the mission.

Less is more sometimes.

Re: Cojones Fritos - alias - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 03:23 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Less is more sometimes.

Smile So true

Re: Cojones Fritos - Variable - 03-01-2015

Uploaded! Thanks.

Re: Cojones Fritos - alias - 03-03-2015

Updated again.

I took time and changed a bunch of scripts. Same DL as in OP.
Thanks!

Re: Cojones Fritos - Variable - 03-03-2015

Uploaded.