Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday (/showthread.php?tid=2704)

Pages: 1 2

Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Varanon - 08-05-2014

Starting next Tuesday (the 12th), we'll be throwing in (infrequent) Coop nights playing the Iron Front Mod for Arma 2. You will be able to join with either the full retail version, or the lite version (see below for links and setup instructions).

Subsequent nights will also be announced in this thread.

Useful links:
Iron Front Lite - Download and Setup
Iron Front Full - Setup Instructions

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Varanon - 08-05-2014

Remember: First Iron Front Coop night on Tuesday, 12th of August.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Phantom - 08-05-2014

Maybe we should announce this on the IF forums to see if anyone wants to play with us too.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Variable - 08-05-2014

Go for it Phantom!

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Chief - 08-06-2014

Brilliant. I will be up for that. Thanks for organising.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Phantom - 08-06-2014

Before I post variable, would it best I mention required addons too? (The custom islands, units, and all that such). I'm probably certain on mentioning the required addons such as MK4, Alwarren's Commandbar and such. I'm wondering about people who are in just for Iron Front but not custom islands and regular Arma 2?

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Variable - 08-06-2014

I suggest posting only on IF. We'll offer the guys that join to get the other stuff. But maybe we need to softly kill all the other stuff, we hardly have any missions left to play them anyway. 

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Phantom - 08-06-2014

I guess then IF + the should haves (MK4, FHQ Commandbar, etc)

(08-06-2014, 09:39 AM)Phantom link Wrote: I guess then IF + the should haves (MK4, FHQ Commandbar, etc)
Yep, you are right, we need those.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Chief - 08-06-2014

Just looked at my diary for next week. I am now away on Tues 12th. Real shame! Maybe I can join on the next one.

I also suggest, one server side only mod for these missions, ASR AI addons v1.16.2 by Robalo. With this server side only mod enabled, the missions are enhanced by the following:

AI units equip with weapons and ammo on their own.
AI skills and awareness improvements.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

Sure thing Cheif, we have ASR AI and TPWCAS (AI suppression mod, don't leave your home without it).

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - doveman - 08-11-2014

I've made a PwS profile for IF lite with:

:required_mods:
- "@IF_lite"
- "@@if_other_addons_lite"
- "@lib_dlc_1_lite"
- "@MK4"
- "@FHQ_CommandBarLabel"

:allowed_mods:
- "@sthud"

It will automatically add @CBA as a dependency, so that doesn't need to be specified. I thought it might be an idea to have sthud under allowed mods as a lot of people like to use that and it will make it easy to enable but I can leave that out or add other stuff if you want.

Link to it is pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-if.yml

I don't have any idea how to make a profile for Iron Front full owners though I'm afraid.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Misha - 08-11-2014

So busy, I hope I will get some free time to install it before tomorrow. Hopefully no obstacles encountered during install.

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - McGregor - 08-12-2014

Wooohoo WW2! Really looking forward to this. I'm in the processes of converting my IF to Arma2. What other mods will be needed tonight? MK4, FHQ_Command, TFAR??

Re: Arma 2: Iron Front Mod on Tuesday - Misha - 08-12-2014

I tried installing unofficial patch 1.05-1.11 but it says I need 1.63 Arma 2? So I have to install Arma 2 on Steam?