Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO (/showthread.php?tid=2660)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - Variable - 06-18-2014

Whatever will make things work. Let me know what server version you want and ill take care of it.

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - doveman - 06-19-2014

Thanks Variable. I've posted in the other thread asking for input here as to what we need to do, as I don't really know!

It might be we just try reverting the clients to an older 1.63 beta first though and see if that fixes the problem before reverting the server.

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - Horus - 06-24-2014

TFAR for ArmA-II: Combined Operations, version RC2 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25864
Yoma repo update, too Wink

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - doveman - 06-24-2014

Could you update this on the server for us please Variable and then send out an e-mail telling people to update (I'll update the PwS profile once the server is updated)? It has some important fixes and the server and client versions have to be the same or else it doesn't work at all.

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - Variable - 06-25-2014

Updated, I will notify on Steam. Please test.

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - doveman - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 01:18 AM)Variable link Wrote: Updated, I will notify on Steam. Please test.

Great, thanks  Smile

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - freeman - 06-29-2014

I tried the RC2 version of TFAR for Arma2 and it still shows the white backpack(flickering and no texture);
And on a side note i borked my Arma 2 installation trying to incorporate the beta we use with the steam launcher ; now trying to fix

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - treendy - 06-21-2016

Waking up an old thread here.

I have two related questions:

1: When I play on your server I  can always here the LR comms (which is perfect), but when we play one of my missions on your server, some players have the RF-7800S-TR which cant be programmed to have an alternative channel (and isnt setup by default)... and only some players have the AN/PRC-152 all setup and ready to go?  I have seen you can use the Task Force modules to decide which radios to use, but Ideally I would want to script it, so my vanilla missions wont require TFR

2: When looking on your forum for an answer to this, I stumbled on another old post about improved sound effects.  Just curious, are Alwarren's sounds still better? or seeing as the post was quite old, has TFR been updated to sound better now

Thanks

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - Variable - 06-21-2016

This is an Arma 2 TFAR thread, you are asking about Arma 3 TFAR.

(06-21-2016, 11:06 AM)treendy link Wrote: 1: When I play on your server I  can always here the LR comms (which is perfect), but when we play one of my missions on your server, some players have the RF-7800S-TR which cant be programmed to have an alternative channel
That can happen only if you have TFAR scripting involved in your missions. You don't need that here if you want the players to use radios (use scripting only if you want to remove radios from players and/or leaders).

(06-21-2016, 11:06 AM)treendy link Wrote: only some players have the AN/PRC-152 all setup and ready to go?  I have seen you can use the Task Force modules to decide which radios to use, but Ideally I would want to script it, so my vanilla missions wont require TFR
No need to use TFAR module.

This is how TFAR is handled on the CiA server.
It is configured to have the same LR and SR frequencies for all players, assign LR with team leaders, assign soldiers with SR radios, and have the same underwater transducer frequencies to the players side.
It is modded (server side addon made by Alwarren) to set all SR radios channel 8 to alternate with the same LR frequency, and have each team use their own SR channel.

(06-21-2016, 11:06 AM)treendy link Wrote: Just curious, are Alwarren's sounds still better?
Alwarren's sound replacement pack is still MUCH better than TFAR vanilla sound effects. I highly recommend it.

Re: Task Force Arrowhead Radio ArmA 2: CO - treendy - 06-21-2016

Thanks and sorry for posting in an Arma2 post

Quote:That can happen only if you have TFAR scripting involved in your missions. You don't need that here if you want the players to use radios (use scripting only if you want to remove radios from players and/or leaders).
This is strange, because my Zavarak Data Heist mission has no script to manipulate task force and no task force modules, but some players couldnt hear LR freq (which is why you could hear people talking over team leaders when LR messages were coming through.

Is Alwarren's server side addon available to download so I can set the SR radios on my server?

Also, will try out this sound adjustment

Thanks again for you help