Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Arma Game (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 05-28-2014

Hey guys,
so talking with you and few other people i've decided to reset the rating system for TOP100 project.
Everything is opened to discussion. Please comment or make suggestions.
Would be nice if we sort this out in the next 1-1,5 week so i can resume my video reviews as soon as possible.
I still have 2 video to release based on the old rating system, but after that i'll put the project on hold until we  set in stone the new rating system.

As you may know, the end result will be a nice pack of missions hand picked so will be easy for anyone who enjoys hardcore-tactical-coop to download and play the missions knowing they fit his taste.

Also this project is meant as a tribute for ARMA as platform and all moders, scripters etc. from ARMA community since without them ARMA wouldn't have been the same.

Thank you all!

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 05-28-2014

Now, if you ask me i'd remove Fun Factor.

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - Variable - 05-28-2014

I say ditch the scoring system completely. At the end of each video give a general 1-10 score based on votes or something more soft, like your personal judgement. Having a complex scoring system is totally legit but for the watchers , the potential players, it bears little value for the reasons we already discussed - different server difficulty settings, playstyle, players' skill. Instead, have a "page" at the end of the video saying in short what you liked and didn't like about the mission. Personally, for me, I think it will be more valuable from any scoring system, and I think it will be the same for others, too.

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - Varanon - 05-28-2014

Variable is right, give it an overal score, and maybe give a verbal description of how hardcore it was, how funny, how atmospheric, etc...

Sometimes like:

A very hard mission with lots of cool moments and an overall feel of helplessness. Final verdict: 8/10
or
This mission was funny and didn't take itself seriously, although it had some nice firefights and some drak undertones. Final verdict: 7/10

Something like that maybe ?

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 05-28-2014

At some point i was thinking to do just that so will be much easier to rate and gather feedback.

So basically we set up a pol for a missions and based on votes we have a rating.
As for comments we can spend a miunte or two at the end to share our thoughts and that's it.
Hmm... Sounds good? could work for me.

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - 3lackrose - 06-02-2014

Depending on what you want to do with the rating system, i'd keep an eye on the bug / performance part.

A good mission can be screwed by script bugs or things like that and it breaks the fun / immersion at times (not that Arma itself is so outstanding in terms of bugs and glitches).

What about a brief review by those who have played the mission (if they would bother to write comments on it)?

If you want to open a discussion on some forums and allege the link to the related video on YT (or whatever media you use)  so users can both watch the video, and eventually go read discussions on forums about it if they want. May also want to limit the discussion to describe the experience and not go into other stuff like "i think there should be this this and this in the mission to make it better" otherwise it turns into an "how to improve the mission" thread.

Also what the mission features and how it is based (mission stealth based, or a guerrilla skirmish, or a more straightforward infantry assault...) of course some missions can be played in different ways though.

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 06-04-2014

This is the last mission before rating system reset. After this one we are going to use the new system. I'll be back with details.

This mission features a lot of CQB and streetfights, is not very difficult only the distance view could be an issue.
If you didn't test it yet take a short look on this video.

[url=

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 06-05-2014

Ok guys, i made up my mind.
As you suggested i have decided to simplify the rating system, we are going to give points from 1 to 10 based on your personal experience with the game.

So if is not too much to ask, after ending each mission, i need you to spend 10-30 seconds to rate the mission.
The total number of points will be divided to the number of players.

For each mission i will provide a link to a page where you can rate. The page will be on my website [which is work in progress], no registration required, just select the number of stars/points you want to give for the mission in discussion, will be one vote per player tho.

Here it is an example: http://game-comics.com/?p=52

I count on you because we are pretty much on the same page when it comes to preferred gamestyle.

With your help we can show to new players that is more to ARMA than Karts!?, Altis Life  :o and King of the hill  :Smile

Thank you guys!

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 10-28-2014

Current situation in my project TOP 100 ARMA 3. Still a long way ahead.
Thank you to all participants!

http://game-comics.com/top-100-arma-3/

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - Phantom - 12-20-2015

Going to help ALIAS out with this with a few videos I got if anyone wants to vote on a score for these vanilla missions that we played. I got a recording on each.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ge_zIUDmK9N_R9DsMmOli8iX6Swig2EfQEeYvHde4CU/viewform?usp=send_form

Re: TOP 100 ARMA 3 Co-op missions - alias - 12-22-2015

Great stuff Phantom! Thank you!
I think will better to have one poll per each mission, i'm afraid if i don't rate a mission, there are few i didn't play, my rate will be counted as 0 for that mission.