Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Arma 3 Auto Minimize (/showthread.php?tid=2626)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Variable - 05-04-2014

So how can Insert work for you? It's far away from any of your fingers.

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Phantom - 05-04-2014

The only reason why I pick insert was because I can't think of any other keys to take that are not taken. So I guess I use SR more than LR anyways. Nevertheless, I previously mapped apps->insert and windows->caps using autohotkey after the first minimizing incident which stopped the apps and windows key from minimizing my game.

Apps key on the right side of course so I can switch my right hand from trackball to typing position and hit the apps key with my thumb.

Back in Arma 2 I just use left alt to Push to Talk and right alt to whisper on teamspeak.

Pushing 2 buttons at a time for LR is uncomfortable to me and I'll end up fumbling buttons or SR on accident on multiple variants. I will always have hot mic issues with TFAR since if I hit shift at the same time it gets sticky (shift is my running key).

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Variable - 05-04-2014

What's wrong with ALT for TS and talking, CAPS for SW, and CTRL + CAPS for LR? (Except for ALT, these are TFAR defaults).

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Phantom - 05-04-2014

I fumble with the buttons for those. Moreso with the LR since I got to hold it, 2 at a time. If its quick 2 combos then I'm fine with that.

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Phantom - 05-05-2014

Ahh, I might as well just go in control panels and turn off the 2nd monitor. I tried launching SWAT 4 up and it bugs out on 2 monitors and flickers. I'll just go to control panels and shut off the 2nd monitor next time I launch up Arma 3 then and see how that goes.

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - MavericK96 - 05-05-2014

(05-04-2014, 08:52 AM)Variable link Wrote: Also, Phantom and Maverick, please reupload your avatars, they got broken.

Mine seems like it's working?

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Variable - 05-05-2014

Well it will stay working as long as you never hit Shift+F5 Smile

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - MavericK96 - 05-05-2014

Hah, fair enough...did not even think to do that.  Should be fixed now, thanks!

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Variable - 01-10-2016

What the hell, my problem has come back (since Windows 10 it didn't minimize), and now even the AutoHotKey script isn't helping, like it's not running in-game...

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Phantom - 01-13-2016

I got AutoHotKey script running in game. I use mousenitor to not auto minimize my game. Well, it might crash at first on Windows 10, then I launch it again and it works. I turn off turn on at startup. Once I exit game at the end of the coop night and turn it off, the program will crash, but anyways, it works for me.

Re: Arma 3 Auto Minimize - Variable - 01-13-2016

The problem for me was that the AutoHotkey scripts didn't work although the autohotkey symbol appeared on the system tray. I had to run it in administrator mode for them to work but I didn't have the option in the righ-click menu. I was only able to launch the AH scripts by running CMD in administrator mode and running the scripts from there.