Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug (/showthread.php?tid=2487)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Varanon - 12-16-2013

(12-15-2013, 09:33 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: 3D editor is awesome, of course a free-floating camera would make it perfect.

Uhm, you can move the camera around with the bulldozer keys, if that's what you mean ?

(12-15-2013, 09:33 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Laser designator is added as item, need to be addWeapon (like NVGs).

Damn. Check, will fix

(12-15-2013, 09:33 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: I noticed that when I save a PCML with a loaded rocket, the loaded rocket is ignored and the next extra rocket is autoloaded on game start, resulting in 1 loaded+1 extra instead of 1 loaded+2 extra when saved. Similar issue for laser designator+batteries, perhaps all weapons?

I don#t think so, I use a function that was just recently added to the scripting commands, and I guess it works only correctly for rifles... I'll need to investigate

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 12-18-2013

(12-16-2013, 06:57 PM)Varanon link Wrote: Uhm, you can move the camera around with the bulldozer keys, if that's what you mean ?

Nope. Can only right click drag to move the camera left, right, up down, its fixed above the player's head. Scroll zooms the minimap. My bulldozer keys are set to Numpad keys and work with the camera.sqs though.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Varanon - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 12:04 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Nope. Can only right click drag to move the camera left, right, up down, its fixed above the player's head. Scroll zooms the minimap. My bulldozer keys are set to Numpad keys and work with the camera.sqs though.

I'll see about using the normal keys, then... Might come back to you for testing if that still doesn't work.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 02-16-2014

More suggestions for A3 Debug weapon loadout.

List only weapons without any attachments. It will be easier to browse the weapon list, also I'm certain that if you use a weapon with already configured attachments(ie. srifle_EBR_MRCO_pointer_F instead of srifle_EBR_F), the default gets used or at least there's a mess.

Use linkItem to add items instead of 'addItem' and 'assignItem'.

On related note, I found out that if you fill up all containers (uniform, vest, backpack), the saved loadout fails to add items. I'm guessing it's because between addItem-ing them and assigning them, they're in the inventory (using just addItem adds the item there) and since there is no space (there was when you did the loadout as the items were already assigned), they don't appear. Not sure if linkItem bypasses that or is just addItem and assignItem commands merged into one, either way, it's a good idea to leave some room in the inventory. :p

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 06-01-2014

Attached downloads are corrupted.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Varanon - 06-02-2014

(06-01-2014, 10:23 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Attached downloads are corrupted.

Sigh...

Updating the console right now, I'll upload the new one once it's finished

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Varanon - 06-19-2014

New version with forceAddUniform support as well as bugfixes. See first post

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Phantom - 06-19-2014

add button for uniforms on character customization doesn't seem to work

SCRATCH THAT: only works for own unit's uniforms. I assume that part is still using the old addUniform instead of forceAddUniform.

This was tested on Massi's African civilian fighters.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Varanon - 06-20-2014

(06-19-2014, 10:32 PM)Phantom link Wrote: SCRATCH THAT: only works for own unit's uniforms. I assume that part is still using the old addUniform instead of forceAddUniform.

Yes, using addUniform

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 07-28-2014

Is there a reason why the exported script uses global addMagazine/addWeapon commands?

I use FHQ debug to do my loadouts and according to alwarren the picking up weapon crash is caused by the loadout script
(07-28-2014, 01:04 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Okay, it seems we found out why it crashes. Your loadout script runs once per client, so everybody had like five pistols. Once you get rid of the extra pistols, you can pick up enemy rifles again.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addMagazineGlobal

Quote:Adds a magazine to the unit. Note: You may create invalid combinations by adding more magazines than the free space in unit's inventory allows. When doing so, application behaviour is undefined.

I run the scripts as described at the end of the first post in this thread and I recall the previous versions of FHQ debug used the regular (local) commands.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Alwarren - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 03:28 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Is there a reason why the exported script uses global addMagazine/addWeapon commands?

If you don't use global commands, the items will only appear on a local player, but if e.g. a remote player opens the backpack then that backpack will be empty.

There is an additional problem that a JIPping player will trigger all the init fields of units in his group again, or even on all of his side. If you don't ward this with an extra safety variable, JIP will cause the loadouts to be reset, as we have witnessed yesterday when we played SUb Raid.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 07-28-2014

What if I add the commands in the init line instead of running a loadout script?

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Alwarren - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 04:26 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: What if I add the commands in the init line instead of running a loadout script?

That's not enough. For some reason, the init fields are re-run on JIP.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Outlawz7 - 08-18-2014

Last night on my mission Press Release where I used custom loadouts, autoriflemen had one Mk200 box magazine whereas on local, I have one loaded and two in vest. Grenadier was missing two magazines and apparently the leader started with the rifle unloaded. Again, on local it all looks ok.

Re: Doing custom loadouts, the easy way with @fhq_debug - Alwarren - 08-18-2014

(08-18-2014, 05:05 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Last night on my mission Press Release where I used custom loadouts, autoriflemen had one Mk200 box magazine whereas on local, I have one loaded and two in vest. Grenadier was missing two magazines and apparently the leader started with the rifle unloaded. Again, on local it all looks ok.

Weird... I wonder if that is reproducible. I still think that a number of issues (like weird backpack behavior for example) is due to the network architecture. If that is true, then we should see considerably less glitches like this after the next patch, since it will contain the guaranteed updates for network packages.