Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 12:22 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Spoiler alert

[size=0.7em]None of the tanks were manned and one of our missiles hit a wreck.[/size]

Tongue
I saw one tank move, take a hit, and its crew ejecting.
Clarification - I mean the tanks that attacked from the west during our assault on the command post, at the end of the mission.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 12-29-2015

The one I spotted I immediately had a 'order get in' option, so it wasn't.

(12-29-2015, 04:29 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:The one I spotted I immediately had a 'order get in' option, so it wasn't.
These were the vehicles in the command post itself. I refer to the tank/s that attacked us as we moved in. Wasn't it your team that took it/them out?

(12-29-2015, 04:45 PM)Variable link Wrote:These were the vehicles in the command post itself. I refer to the tank/s that attacked us as we moved in. Wasn't it your team that took it/them out?

Yes and they werent manned.

Let's suppose they weren't manned. Why did you waste rockets on them then?

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 11:57 AM)Variable link Wrote:Plant Your Fields
The hill was almost clear of enemy resistance, thanks to the earlier tank and APC fire and Bravo was able to take the shot after Charlie and Delta secured the area. That must have been a wonderful shot (IceCream?), I wish I was there to see it. Manually guiding a Titan, in this range, to a partially concealed target is a work of art.

As I recall Blindog was targeting the AA and IceCream an APC that was moving through the town and hiding behind buildings. Both hard shots so I was impressed and delighted that they both hit their targets.

I got shot in the face whilst I was using my binos to keep track of where the APC was to direct IceCream and died during surgery but had the satisfaction of knowing that Bravo kicked ass and was happy I died rather than one of my men who were using their weaponry to such great effect.

(12-29-2015, 05:31 PM)Variable link Wrote:Let's suppose they weren't manned. Why did you waste rockets on them then?

Because it was before the end of a two hour mission?

If any reinforcements would have arrived after those rockets were wasted on empty vehicles, it would have been a bad ending.
In any case, I'm pretty sure I saw crewmen eject from a tank that was hit.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - UnNamedGER - 01-04-2016

co@17_fhq_rhs_bloodlines

Yeay we did it.

I had a nice time ferrying supplies for Alfa team. I was inbound with a 4th crate when a task came up to investigate a possible sighting of an enemy vehicle south of their position. I dropped the crate off on Alfas marker and went to investigate what turned out to be some kind of APC with a mean gun and didn't quite make it back. when I landed I was almost sure I was going to make it... then again skids in arma are a rough approximation af a match head. But alfa was able to send a medic to get me up again and I joined them for the rest of the mission.

co11_csar_jollygreen_28

We made it pretty close to rescuing the ground team.. until somethign started murdering them.

Soon after takeoff we established radio contact  with the ground team and within 5 minutes had figured out the right direction to head and pretty soon were close to the ground teams location. since there was some heavy fighting going on we flew some circles over the area and fired on enemy positions. after our second circle I tried to land but waved off after a big explosion at the building the ground team was holding in and taking some fire. we did another circle in the other direction since alwarrens door gun was empty and then went in for a low pass to see if anyone was still alive since we were not able to establish radio contact anymore. while we were headed to the building a IFrit (L or I ?) drove in and ramed the building which seems to have lead to it exploding taking out the rest of the ground team.

co09_air_supply.altis

The first part was pretty straigh forward for me. after learning in the first attempt that the Airbase had some long range anti air weapons I flew a longer route to be on the safe side. I dropped the ammo and the engineers and went back for the fuel and dropped that off aswell. after the APC were resupplied and moved out I started to ferry the fuel back and was planning to do the same with the ammo when variable left. I landed the helicopter and the fueltank and JIPed into variables AI..... ony to notice that the AI had landed his jet in the meantime...... at the hostile airbase o.o . after two minutes of trying to get the jet to move I noticed that arma had magically unmapped my throttle and quickly remapped it and took off. I did two runs on the northern checkpoint and then tried to land for refuling... landing a jet in darkness without nightvision is bad enough... didnt help that the HUD is far far away in the standard field of view and the mission unfortunately didnt have Kimi HMD (really noticed how much I like that after the first two missions with choppers had it).

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Stagwine - 01-04-2016

Great AAR Unnamed. My take:

FHQ Bloodlines

We've now completed two tough FHQers. I was other UAVer for Bravo and got he fun part of playing with designators. Using remote designators was cool feature in a mission. I spotted one T-72 and Shilka in southernmost route with designator and after a while we were able to figure out their most likely route. Team Leader (Manuel) plotted intercept course/ambush spot and our Javelineers took them out just outskirts of Edessa.  I switched designator, and lased targets for Variables laser artillery, observed two misses, two direct hits and a 45 ton tank doing 180 degree aerial flip and ending up on its turret, triggering a mission end.

Overall I had little 'combat stuff' to do, but I had lots of fun. Often the support roles are so much more rewarding (I learn how to sling load for next time. I owe Alwarren a beer for switching)

CSI

Bread and butter. Solid job Bravo, and some fun firefights.

CSAR JG

Pretty straight forward stuff and tense moments in two story building. Considering how  much I have put hours to making missions in Altis I still had no idea where we were. Great job Air team for locating us based on rough landmarks alone.

Things heated up and my mission moment was engaging enemy at door, running out of ammo, spotting a new threat, dropping my rifle, drawing my sidearm and taking a threat down with a pistol. Just after that I was grenaded to doorway.

Air supply

I commented the technical details in mission release thread but I generally liked this one.  I was APC crew member with IceCream and Manuel. There was lot of waiting with a bit of infantry action, but that was the story of the mission and that's it. It was cool to see jets flying overhead engaging A-10s in aerial combat. Eventually we managed to refuel/rearm vehicles and we started making our way back. Alwarren was driving my APC and I was the gunner. I had constant 'this is going way too easy, I got a bad feeling about this' but we made it after all. 

Thanks to Air Force for effective support and Icecream for leading the apc team, great job, especially guiding us back home. Very sharp and clear radio comms.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Den - 01-04-2016

FHQ Bloodlines
I was one of the A10s. I was tasked with destoying the HINDs. I flew perfectly over it, shot it right in the cockpit with an AA missile even as it popped flares and blew up. Great job and feeling good. Going to do a 180o turn to engage the sec...

*Battle commencing above 3 tank platoons*
*They don't seem to appreciate the handy work that their comrades in the hind became.*
*Plane proceeds to get rekt by much gunfire and blows up mid air, ejecting me from burning wreck*
*Falls 500m to the ground*
*Splats on ground and dies 5 minutes into the mission*

Got it recorded which was pretty funny.

(01-04-2016, 12:57 PM)Stagwine link Wrote:It was cool to see jets flying overhead engaging A-10s in aerial combat.

That was all Variable. Props to his great flying. I was more in a defensive position just in case he got destroyed but he destroyed everything before I even saw them. On the last A10, I finally saw and managed to get a lock on but Variable destroyed it with his gun. Every time he was transmitting, you could hear something trying to lock on to him but somehow he had avoided the rockets it seems.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 01-04-2016

I think you heard my own lock tone. I find it odd you didn't spot any target, is your view distance sufficient?

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Manuel - 01-04-2016

FHQ Bloodlines
I was leading Bravo. After deploying to a hill that I thought to be a good position for an ambush on the incoming tanks nothing much happened for a long while. I had Stag and Evans checking the southern remote designators and split up the team so we could cover all expected enemy routs.
After a while Stag found an inbound MBT and a SPAAA. They took quite some time to get to us but we took them out easily. After that I took a part of my team to advance and scout to the west. In the meantime Stag started checking other remote designators and actually found some targets which I relayed to Alpha.
In summary, for Bravo it was a lot of sitting around and waiting. I myself was pretty busy communicating, Stag and Evans got to play with the remote designators, but the rest of the team had little to do. I was acting pretty defensive and cautious, if I had decided to push forward earlier we might have seen more action...
Anyways, thanks to Alwarren for keeping us supplied Smile

CSAR JG
Very intense at the end. I think I was the last man standing in the ground team (I was the medic, so I tried to keep my head down...). When I noticed that I was alone I tried to find Stag to grab the LR but couldn't in my state of panic. A moment later the building was shot by something heavy, which was the end for me...

Air supply
I really liked the premise. Waiting for the supplies was kinda intense since we were only 4 men with normal rifles. In the end the waiting time was a bit long though. The driving part was more exciting, we had a view run-ins with enemies. The CAS cleared out all the heavy resistance, so nothing we couldn't handle. Great leading by ice cream soldier Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Den - 01-05-2016

(01-04-2016, 09:33 PM)Variable link Wrote:I think you heard my own lock tone. I find it odd you didn't spot any target, is your view distance sufficient?

Well I was flying at high altitudes (700m +) and maybe view distance is low so I will check that so i think that was reason. You destroyed everything.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Evans - 01-08-2016

Lost squad

This one went really smooth, IF i can say so myself Smile
The only real landmark i could detect was a town about a click away. Half way there alwarren found us and at the same time we got engaged by enemy contacts.
It was awesome when CAS mowed down the contacts by the road. Boarding the evacuation chopper took a bit too long but that's on me. I has evens boarding first and then I got sidetracked with laying down suppresive fire until unnamed asked if we were good to go.

FAQ mission (can't remember the name, sorry)

We lost our teamleader early, and whilst trying to sort the confusion i died

Hello tanoa

When charlie reached out position we got heavily engaged from the rear we tried to move around the airfield to get a vetter view without any real succsess.
When we were sweeping the hangars i was shot to pieces trying to get a tanks attention so at could get a clear shot.
Not my best decision