Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 05:33 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote:+ they see without NVG in pitch pblack darknesseven though they are the ones skylining
No, that was fixed ags ago. It used to be true, thoug

Re: The Debriefing Thread - UnNamedGER - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 06:42 PM)Varanon link Wrote:No, that was fixed ags ago. It used to be true, thoug

didn't feel like it on outlawz mission. once they are alerted for whatever reason there seems to be nothing they will not see however unlikely it may be

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 06-07-2015

I think the biggest issue with stealth in Arma3 is that there is no feedback on stealth, every time you get detected you haven't got a clue what exactly did or did not tip the AI off.

I did some tests with the new ASP Kir rifle that came with Marksmen DLC and you can kill an AI in a group without getting detected, so it's not impossible. dsylexci's video about the rifle does mention AI responding to sonic cracks, so maybe it's just that every stealth mission uses the wrong weapons for the job.

Then again I was present at the mission that started this discussion and the enemy was likely within 100m of us in a forest (and I put them there to do what they did), in broad daylight and Variable was actually killed by a friendly, so the real discussion we should be having is 'don't shoot crawling guys'.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 07:02 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I did some tests with the new ASP Kir rifle that came with Marksmen DLC and you can kill an AI in a group without getting detected, so it's not impossible. dsylexci's video about the rifle does mention AI responding to sonic cracks, so maybe it's just that every stealth mission uses the wrong weapons for the job.

I seem to remember Ondrej saying that the AI will no longer know your position but will be on danger mode once they notice the dead guy.

Quote:Then again I was present at the mission that started this discussion and the enemy was likely within 100m of us in a forest (and I put them there to do what they did), in broad daylight and Variable was actually killed by a friendly, so the real discussion we should be having is 'don't shoot crawling guys'.

I think that was a different mission.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 06-08-2015

We completed Game of Thronos. Christ, that mission just wouldn't end.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - McGregor - 06-08-2015

And I died right at the end. Doh! :o

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Manuel - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 01:38 AM)McGregor link Wrote:And I died right at the end. Doh! :o

I really didn't expect McGregor to die, everybody likes him! Or nobody likes him and that's why I thought he wouldn't be killed...?

Anyways, there were no naked people in this one.

Seriously though, that got pretty intense at the end. Great leading by outlawz7, I really thought we would get overwhelmed when the 3rd wave approached (and we had no more mortar support...)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 01:36 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:We completed Game of Thronos. Christ, that mission just wouldn't end.
How it went down? I fell asleep spectating... Rate and comment please, I see only McGregor and Manuel did.

Good games last night!

Prince of Persia
That was intense. Good leading McGregor. I hope I'll make a video of it soon, but in the meantime, a moment to remember: Charlie was ordered to protect the north entrance to camp Rogain. All three of us entered the metal guard tower after Manuel planted AP mines in the depression outside the camp. When the shelling started we closed the windows and it felt like it protected us from shrapnels although we couldn't see shit outside. When the shelling stopped we opened the windows and saw something like 5 CSAT infantrymen closing in on us from the north, they were already 50 meters away when we opened fire. We were very lucky to survive. Manuel and Teck suppress them with MG fire and I fired all my 40mm on them (3G FTW!).

Topolka Cross
Nice attack mission. The attack on the radar was textbook stuff, good job. My team did great job bounding overwatch towards the radar. One team was suppressing and the other moving. That was cool, I liked that. Vanilla suppression works really good. The AI just can't hit shit when suppressed. It's hard to notice it since their ROF is not affected, but the effect on their accuracy is dramatic. See here for proof.
The second objective didn't quite as well. Unless it's a must, refrain from attacking downhill when the terrain is covered by trees. The enemy will be concealed by the treetops. I suggest that next time we attack down the valley.
Good leading Den, since you are the most experienced leader on this mission, you will lead the next attack too Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Gwynbleidd - 06-08-2015

That assault was awesome, really got my blood pumping, gotta love chernarus and those dense forests. However, I've got a feeling we got overconfident, and because of that, went too fast - head on against the rock in the second objective, but it was fun nonetheless.

Here is a short clip from that first objective:

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Watchmen - 06-08-2015

Clean Sweep AAF(altis)

I was playing as the grenadier on bravo team. We took a position south of the town on top of a hill to engage the enemy while Alpha entered the town(East??). We didn't have much cover except for a few low rocks on top of that hill but we still managed to engage the enemy effectively from about 200-300 metres away. I had to hand it to Blindog our autorifleman who took the initiative to spread himself away from the team so enemy fire would no be concentrated on all of us on top that hill. His tracer rounds gave me good signalling for where the enemy was.
In such situation when engaging the enemy from 200m+ and everyone has only collimator optics or irons, someone could use a binoculars to spot enemy forces and direct our squad's fire more precisely.

Prince of Persia(stratis)
Playing as Engineer in Mcgregor's team, not sure why there was an engineer class since there were no vehicles intended for use in the mission.

We assaulted Girna from the North just like in the campaign mission Smile . Mortars did most of the work leaving only indoor enemies. I felt an assault from the East would have been a good idea because of the cover from trees instead of skylining on top the hill. I think the mortar zone is referred to as "splash zone" or "Blast zone" for radio comms, not sure though.

Then we trekked east to maxwell but our teams had to rest several times to catch our breath. If we had been ambushed during our trek im not sure we would have survived because we were all so fatigued, especially our AT guys, fatigue is a real problem we need to account for. For some reason i was carrying 10 FAKs my vest and 10 in my bag(script or prank?) which i dumped during the half hour trek to maxwell. I threw a green smoke grenade anear the box of mines at maxwell for others to find, im sure this is a good use of smokeshellsSmile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Den - 06-10-2015

(06-08-2015, 09:58 AM)Variable link Wrote:Topolka Cross
Nice attack mission. The attack on the radar was textbook stuff, good job. My team did great job bounding overwatch towards the radar. One team was suppressing and the other moving. That was cool, I liked that. Vanilla suppression works really good. The AI just can't hit shit when suppressed. It's hard to notice it since their ROF is not affected, but the effect on their accuracy is dramatic. See here for proof.
The second objective didn't quite as well. Unless it's a must, refrain from attacking downhill when the terrain is covered by trees. The enemy will be concealed by the treetops. I suggest that next time we attack down the valley.
Good leading Den, since you are the most experienced leader on this mission, you will lead the next attack too Wink

Thanks, I agree that we should not attack downhill as the tanks and some infantry had us pinned pretty well and foilage and grass was really heavy too (Just PC Master Race Problems). Not the best idea, I assumed like normal times, those on top have the advantage ( ?° ?? ?°) but the lesson was learnt.

For the next attempt we'll try to attack the first objective (presuming I'm leader).

I also think that if there is too much for a team to handle or are having a really rough time/many casualties, retreat and regroup/reformulate plan should be a viable option if situation allows. No point imo staying in one area if everything is going to shit.

(06-08-2015, 02:28 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:That assault was awesome, really got my blood pumping, gotta love chernarus and those dense forests. However, I've got a feeling we got overconfident, and because of that, went too fast - head on against the rock in the second objective, but it was fun nonetheless.

Awesome video Gwyn! I like forest combat but I felt bad when Bravo was given 'short straw' and got whiped shortly after. Maybe we went too fast and likely my mistake.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 07-03-2015

One thing I noticed while playing tonight is that when it comes to "get into this vehicle", everybody ignores the driver's seat. The result is that it is always the same people that drive and get bored.

Can we please in the future:

- a - Have someone volunteer to take driver's seat? The "I don't have a GPS" is not an excuse.
or
- b - Have a team leader order a driver in, making sure not to pick the same people as the last mission(s).

I fully expect that players are considerate enough that, now that I said it, option a is what we go for. I know that everyone prefers to shoot stuff, but I am seriously growing tired of the same people taking on support roles.

Thanks for your consideration.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - SPhoenix - 07-03-2015

Really? I always want it but wait a few seconds out of consideration if anyone else wants it...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 01:01 AM)SPhoenix link Wrote:Really? I always want it but wait a few seconds out of consideration if anyone else wants it...

It seems to be the general thing that people get in and the driver seat remains empty.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - SPhoenix - 07-03-2015

I'll make sure to not let that happen again then Smile