Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Gwynbleidd - 10-23-2013

Double Dutch
Really highlight of the night IMO. I'm usually not happy after failing the mission, but this time I was. Not because we failed it, but because it was an awesome few hours.
I wouldn't really change anything planning/execution wise, we had couple of casualties, but considering the size of enemy force we took on, I'd say they were negligible. I mean, before we entered the last city.

I only have to disagree that we failed because we were too few/had little cover. I think 6 guys total managed to enter the city. AI shooting precisely through tree crown from a little window was a biggest issue IMO.
It wouldn't be suspicious if he fired at our location couple of bullets approximately, and killed someone (could be luck) but firing just 1 bullet, and straight up killing people repeatedly, and knowing he killed (since he didn't fire more then once) is really bad, and I thought that was exclusively ARMA 3 AI problem. Problem is you can only wonder what the hell happened, unless you are spectating from elevated position.

But overall, it was really exciting game Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-23-2013

Yeah, several of us got taken down in that last town due to a DShK emplacement firing through multiple bushes/trees.  It took me several minutes to even figure out what killed me after I died because it was practically across the town firing backwards (as in, the gunner was swung completely around clipping through sandbags) through a bunch of concealment.

In any case, there's not much you can do about that since it's just ArmA being ArmA.  Still, I agree that mission was very fun.  The first two plans were executed flawlessly.  For the last town I'm not really sure what we could have done since a few times we just got one-shotted by the DShK.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 10-23-2013

Nice one Fap!
Regarding the last objective. I suppose the way to do it is very boring - circle around the town at very long range (~400m) and snipe the visible defenders.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 10-23-2013

Double Dutch

Best mission of the night-just before, i said to Variable-ok just one more cause i gotta get to bed!!
Almost 2hrs later lol

You know its gonna take awhile when:- Variable starts off in Boldrick (Blackadder) mode "i have a cunning plan"  ;D

And worked a treat-i gotta be honest though ,don't remember the ending= Too much cider!!!  :o :o

Re: The Debriefing Thread - HKFlash - 10-24-2013

To say that I enjoyed playing with CiA is an understatement. Too bad I only joined the sessions now... this last one we had remembered me of some good times circa 2004.

Double Dutch was of course the height of the night. Maverick was spot on with his rifle, Variable plan for the ambush was flawless, ck-law kept us alive, AT guys were also spot on and overall there was such a great cohesion within the team. Ended up as last man but obviously there was nothing I could do considering the number of enemies still alive and their x-ray vision...

I'm still struggling with the controls because I haven't played ARMA2 since the Alpha for 3 came out last March, which made me do some mistakes, like moving when I was supposed to lay still (its what happens when you bind your compass to Ctrl + X and try to access it while aiming down sights) and the eye adaptation lightning was screwing my situational awareness (already had experienced this when playing the official A2 campaign Harvest Red during forest combat).

Thanks all for the great experience!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - TonyMarony - 10-24-2013

Hola,

check here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6468

This might be your addon to get rid of the blinding if you dont like the blinding effect...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 10-24-2013

HK, welcome to the lot, and great job during Tuesday coop night!
CK, I had to go to google to look up Blackadder and Boldrick - I take that as a compliment! Tongue

See link for something useful for the debriefing thread, quick grid map creation:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?63837-Cheat-Topography&p=1106946&viewfull=1#post1106946

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 09:54 AM)Fat Tony link Wrote:This might be your addon to get rid of the blinding if you dont like the blinding effect...

This addon only reduces the sun glare, which I think should be there. What HKFlash means is not fixable, it's the way that the HDR works in Arma 2 - expose a tiny bit of sky and the aperture will treat you as if you are staring into the sun.

No way to fix it Sad

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 10:25 AM)Variable link Wrote:CK, I had to go to google to look up Blackadder and Boldrick - I take that as a compliment! Tongue

If you have never seen Blackadder, you really should watch it. I never understood what everybody found about Mr. Bean, but as Blackadder, Rowan Atkinson is great.. Plus, it has Dr. House in it too Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Fap - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 02:31 AM)HKFlash link Wrote:the eye adaptation lightning was screwing my situational awareness (already had experienced this when playing the official A2 campaign Harvest Red during forest combat).
(10-23-2013, 03:32 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:Double DutchProblem is you can only wonder what the hell happened, unless you are spectating from elevated position.

Yeah, it's THESE two things that are hurting the game most for me, right now.

1) AI Aimbots with wallhack and kill confirm hack
2) stupid brightness going up and down when staring at the floor, the game shouldn't simulate this at all, let OUR eyes do that please

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-25-2013

Outlawz and I completed Aid Parcel...good mission!  The ammo box was a bitch to find, and everyone who had satchels died so we had to resort to grenades and rockets to destroy it.  Big Grin 

Evac worked properly, though once you reach about 200m from the evac point it says you completed the task, but you have to wait for the chopper to come in until it ends (chopper lands, ends before you get in).  The little bit at the end with the attack choppers was pretty cool, though it took a little while before the Ghosthawk actually landed to end the mission.  Probably like 5-10 min between when you get the task completed notification and when the mission actually ends.

Man, those reeds made it hard to see the enemy.  Though I don't think they were too cheaty with seeing through them, so that was good.  They also seemed to work well concealing us from the enemy.

Overall I liked it a lot.  The combat in the reeds was a nice change of pace.

Good mission ck-claw!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 10-25-2013

Quote:The ammo box was a bitch to find

It's set on a 450 placement radius in the marsh area, so could be anywhere? - mission replayable?

Quote:everyone who had satchels died so we had to resort to grenades and rockets to destroy it.  Big Grin

lol- everytime i tested the mission-i only had to fire just over a rifle mag into it to blow it up  ;D ;D

Quote: The little bit at the end with the attack choppers was pretty cool

Yeah i loved adding that little bit of drama -to look like the had to clear a safe passage for the evac choppers

Quote:Evac worked properly, though once you reach about 200m from the evac point it says you completed the task

yepp -task completed means you got to the evac area-briefing says, get to evac and await chopper evac- chance of enemies chasing you Wink

The ending was tested but obviously didnt time right!
The mission was suppose to end as the chopper almost hit the ground, tis a lazy way to end the mission rather than do a proper pick up  ;D

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-25-2013

(10-25-2013, 09:23 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:It's set on a 450 placement radius in the marsh area, so could be anywhere? - mission replayable?

Ah, okay.  Nah it was fine, we found it eventually but it did take a long time.  Is it possible for it to spawn inside the reeds?  Because that would be a huge pain.  Tongue

(10-25-2013, 09:23 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:lol- everytime i tested the mission-i only had to fire just over a rifle mag into it to blow it up  ;D ;D

Odd, because we fired a RPG-75 into it, plus several 203 rounds and a couple of hand grenades before it blew.

(10-25-2013, 09:23 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:The ending was tested but obviously didnt time right!
The mission was suppose to end as the chopper almost hit the ground, tis a lazy way to end the mission rather than do a proper pick up  ;D

Well it's more that just once you see the attack choppers and the Ghost Hawks appear, they circle around a few times before the evac chopper actually comes in for a landing.  So it takes longer than you would think to actually complete the mission.

In any case, none of that is really anything major.  Very fun mission!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-26-2013

On the topic of damage against aircraft in ArmA 3, as in Radar Love (awesome mission by the way, Lefty)...I was doing some testing, and with a Hummingbird you can actually get full (red) Instrumentation damage by firing a full 9mm pistol mag into the windshield.  Also, with a full 6.5mm MX mag, you can do red-level engine and hull damage to a Hummingbird.  Possibly even less, as I only emptied a full mag into it to see what it would do.

I know the Hummingbird is a light helicopter, but...really?  Does that seem realistic to anyone?

I know for a fact I was taking significant damage from small-arms fire in the Ghosthawk as well, which should be much more resilient.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 10-26-2013

I missed with the RPG. ^

(10-25-2013, 09:23 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:It's set on a 450 placement radius in the marsh area, so could be anywhere? - mission replayable?

Careful, it could end up in a rock or building, there are some shacks in that marsh.