Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-23-2015

Good games last night!

Archeology
That was fun! Good leading Den. Only comment I have is that I would have let the first wave of enemy get much closer to you, before engaging them. That would have enabled us to finish them off much quicker. Even let them close enough for them to detect you, and then engage. Good job for the guys that made it until the end!

ACR Silent Hill
Outlawz, can you open a thread for bug report and review of your ACR missions?
That was a great mission, Sorry for announcing to the world of our presence by crashing the Landrover into that fence. This vehicle has an extremely long breaking range.
The fight up until that point was awesome. Bravo was raining down MG and grenade fire from the mounted weapons on our vehicles while we on Alpha were moving between them and Charli on the hill to provide support. It seemed like the enemy was everywhere. Well, it was good to find out that the mission had kept its insane level of difficulty since Arma 2! If we'd succeed on the first attempt I'd felt that we've become soft.

Paratank
God damn those reinforcements that never showed up! We deserved to complete that mission.
The most awesome moment was the convoy ambush, and the firefight that ensued right after it, when we tried to reach the damaged strider and repair it. We had to sacrifice Alwarren who bled out, sorry man... you were caught in the middle and getting back to you would surely meant more friendly death.
McGregor, I think that bCombat bullet detection works great. I was able to advance towards the enemy infantry while constantly suppressing them while I moved. They fired back but were not effective, which is great!

I have both of the ACR missions recorded. I'll make some videos.

Versus campaign - Operation Refragatio Terminalis (Final Resistance)
Another awesome mission! Did you guys placed explosives on the road? If so, that's what caused the convoy to move offroad. When you detonated, the lead tank was on the right bearing, but not on the road. I took it out with my first Metis. Remember to place explosives by the road, not on it, so the AI won't see it. Both my Metis missiles found their targets, and I think one vehicle was destroyed by Viper team's explosives, but the rest probably reached their destination. Any suggestions on how to approach this next time? Regarding the Metis position - it was good. The trigger man should be on it as well since from there you can make sure the tanks are not only on the right direction when you detonate, but also on the road.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-23-2015

Archaeology
I did miss having a Lee Enfield engagement, so that was fun that it worked out first time too. During testing, I used the big hill on the South west instead and thought about carrying the hunting rifle in a car with a backup enfield in case in run out of ammo for that. Harder to hit targets, but the lee enfield is really accurate. Its harder for targets to get you or flank you since its much higher up. Well, whatever works.

Prison Break
I like the tunnel to breach in. I will say, however, guys on the hostage team didn't have such a pleasant experience when enemies start shooting them immediately. I'm going to assume there's a detected by OPFOR trigger, so even if you shoot enemies silently, alarm will detect and go off because, its Arma.

Paratank
[size=1em]My explosive charges seem to do a good job. Good thing the strider didn't blow it since it was repairable and got 2 extra PCML rockets in there. APCs I'll say with their autocannon are way deadlier than MBT. Reinforcements didn't arrive, honestly thought we should've had it. It makes me wonder if you pull a Sander on that Outlawz (where the reinforcements only show up after its all over), but I'll say it's bugged reinforcements.[/size]

PMC Versus
I saw a lot of explosions that took out the enemy on the road. I can't get the mines out of the ammobox though. I would say, November team, I did saw an APC fire a few rounds and that basically took everyone out, except Stick was still in an agony state to be revived. I would say most people looked like they were bunched out so a good few splash damage would take everyone out.

FHQ FTE VIP One
Uhh, AT shots kept missing, I guess everyone is a bit sleepy by now. Armored vehicle arrive a bit fast, but at the same time, good timing, you just got to not miss. I don't know what to say about the later part since we kept missing at the beginning.

Kill The Traitor of Pyrgos
Swim up to shore, find a naked dude in his underwear and kill him. Here's a mission without Psycho Revive. It's short enough for it to to work, but it'll forces you to not try to start too much long firefights, you are spec ops anyways. Our first approach was down the street towards the target, but a shot or 2 and then Misha and Stick are dead. Outside, you're expose to shots, and a few shots your dead (reinforces that once you see the flash its already too late, but then not all missions work out without psycho revive. As a matter of fact, most of them wouldn't, especially those hella long ones.). I went around the houses alone next to kill the naked guy in underwear and dodging bullets through houses, but a lone guy kill me Sad . Next approach is door to door, try to avoid contact unless they're CQB in our way. Misha beat it alone after our retreat and I got shot in the back.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 03-23-2015

Quote:FHQ FTE VIP One
Uhh, AT shots kept missing, I guess everyone is a bit sleepy by now. Armored vehicle arrive a bit fast, but at the same time, good timing, you just got to not miss. I don't know what to say about the later part since we kept missing at the beginning.

The short time is intentional, you really need to get moving right away. It's pretty doable though.

How did you miss? The range is about 50 meters Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-23-2015

Right, Phantom reminded me. We had very good examples of why we should keep our spacing, especially in Silent Hill, where one well aimed rifle grenade took out three guys at the end.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 03-23-2015

Quote:Outlawz, can you open a thread for bug report and review of your ACR missions?

http://ciahome.net/forum/mission-releases/outlawz7's-missions-workshop/300/

Keep it to the existing thread, so I can keep track of it.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-24-2015

(03-23-2015, 07:59 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:The short time is intentional, you really need to get moving right away. It's pretty doable though.

How did you miss? The range is about 50 meters Smile
I'm not the guy shooting... im the vice president. Well, not everyone can shoot, but honestly, I would say, leave the APC there, it is doable. Maybe we can try it another time when in the mood.

(03-23-2015, 09:14 PM)Variable link Wrote:Right, Phantom reminded me. We had very good examples of why we should keep our spacing, especially in Silent Hill, where one well aimed rifle grenade took out three guys at the end.

Autocannons, grenades, OG7 shots from RPGs, explosive, etc.... not spacing = everyone turns to mince meat.

OFFTOPIC a bit: I once played with a guy (who had play tactical shooters before, with his big bro). Problem is he has no mic and night time = speaker sounds are off so I'd basically be speaking on my mic to a wall.... He basically follows me around like ass close. He tried Arma once, but he didn't like it too much. He hasn't played tactical shooters as much before now besides occasional Insurgency. To me, it sucks talking to the wall Sad . There were a few times I played insurgency where I kinda got annoyed with bunch up ass close (RPG kills there...) tight corridor we could've both died if I had to fall back.

Back to Topic: I find having more spacings also not only makes for a good defensive measure but also offensive. Defensive of course so not everyone all get splash at once. Offensive, more angles to attack from when enemy targets one side then someone else attack from another direction.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 04:18 AM)Phantom link Wrote:[size=1em]I find having more spacings also not only makes for a good defensive measure but also offensive. Defensive of course so not everyone all get splash at once. Offensive, more angles to attack from when enemy targets one side then someone else attack from another direction.[/size]
That's very true! We really need to pay attention for our spacings during attack as well.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-30-2015

Lost Squad
I joined late to see the helicopters blow up Sad

Oil Leak
Is this the furthest you guys got to the second objective. It seems to be going smoothly until someone blew up the gas truck a bit too close to the objective (which took us all out). Not sure why the demo guy can't repair, but I thought they're engineers too. About Teck 9 being naked, I assume its being African Conflict not loaded properly or something.

PMC Versus Episode 12
For some reason, after I attempted to heal variable, my treating option completely vanished. I can't even revive anyone at that point either. I tried reviving Etzu but I had no option either. I even rejoined and still no option. This is probably the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most when it happens during a needed revive/healing process, especially when playing as a medic. To me, its vital to be able to revive as a medic, otherwise what the fuck. Not sure what happen with psycho revive at that point.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Manuel - 03-30-2015

Quote:It seems to be going smoothly until someone blew up the gas truck a bit too close to the objective

That was me, sorry ;D
I thought since the plan was to go in hard and reckless I'd just blow it up. I underestimated how much damage the explosion would do at that distance though, didn't intent to blow us all up...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 05:39 AM)Manuel link Wrote:That was me, sorry ;D
I thought since the plan was to go in hard and reckless I'd just blow it up. I underestimated how much damage the explosion would do at that distance though, didn't intent to blow us all up...
Don't worry about that, suicide bombing is the point of this mission after all, next time just try to blow us up while taking MORE enemies with you!

(03-30-2015, 05:39 AM)Manuel link Wrote:That was me, sorry ;D

We should've pulled up the M113 in the middle of the biggest mob of gasoline truck and spray loads of bullets Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Den - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:44 AM)Phantom link Wrote:We should've pulled up the M113 in the middle of the biggest mob of gasoline truck and spray loads of bullets Wink

The trucks are also spead out and there were some .50cals there. We need the M113. The dropped terrorists could focus on the main convoy with a charge or two.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - UnNamedGER - 03-30-2015

it's been a while since I wrote a debriefing, i guess i should try to change that (especially since I now have permanent access to a PC at work ^^).

co@18_wood_cutter

unfortunately etzu dropped in the beginning so besides dropping off troops in the beginning of the mission there was not much to do for me for a while so I used the time to practice hovering a bit (I don't like autohover and there is that deadzone in the center of my joystick). After the other chopper was empty Alwarren joined me on my chopper and I got to fly some CAS, which mainly consisted of hovering  Big Grin since there were no real AA thread ( there was that one AV shooting us but it didn't damage anything and it didn't live to tell the tale). When all our ammo was depleted we landed near the Farm in the north of the city and joined the sniper team for the attack on the northern outpost. We didn't get to see much of that attack but alwarren and den were hit from the barn which someone kindly blew up with a RPG Smile . after that we went back to the helicopter to scan for the struglers and guide the Infantry in.

co@15_otl7_rhs_lost_squad

event though contact with the ground team was quickly established, everything went downhill pretty fast. After establishing visual contact on the lost squad I tried to land in the clearing they were passing on their way up to the castle. while I was landing Den's chopper was critically hit and went down and I took one hit while landing damaging the chopper and when trying  to stabilize the copper on the ground (apparently the chopper didn't have a brake) either crashed into a tree backwarts or took a second hit  taking out my tail rotor which forced me to abort and return to base (which was a nice training since even though I totaled the chopper on landing I was able to walk away from it Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-30-2015

Wood Cutters
That was a good read unnamed, and for a good mission. Great job SPhoenix and gunship pilots for splendid communication and efficiency. I hope I didn't miss too much of your messages Phoenix, sometimes it was hard to fight and transmit at the same time. How was it for the guys on Bravo team?
We on Alpha saw a lot of action. It was cool to see the choppers engaging from above us...

Guys, until we get nkey to add this as an automatic feature, don't pass on setting your alternate radio channel to the LR frequency. understanding what's going on with the other teams is really a lot of fun, and it will help you to know when It's not a good time to try to speak with your leader since he's busy receiving a radio message.
I'll post a guide that explains how to do that for everybody who's not sure, it's very simple.

Versus: Operation Chirurgia Arcanus
Another great mission. Doveman found a way to make this mission easy Smile
We will complete it next time.

Oil Leak
My suggestion would be setting up a defense line on the first walls, take out the first fuels storage, the M113 and the Blackhawk, then flank as per Den's suggestion, engage the enemy and then insert two brave suicide bombers on the VBEOD carts. Great mission!

Great job everybody, thanks to everyone that joined.

(03-30-2015, 11:12 AM)Den link Wrote:The trucks are also spead out and there were some .50cals there. We need the M113. The dropped terrorists could focus on the main convoy with a charge or two.
I was joking about the putting m113 in the middle of trucks and shooting . That would cause an explosion that we would be too near to the point of being FUBAR.