Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 12:55 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:Damn, sorry about that...

(02-03-2015, 01:42 PM)doveman link Wrote:Hey, can't blame you for wanting to follow orders...

(02-03-2015, 02:04 PM)McGregor link Wrote:I guess we both have learned something. But I don't like you hogging all the blame. Let me have some! At least give me half  Wink
Ok, now's the part that you three kiss on the lips Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - McGregor - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 03:38 PM)Variable link Wrote:Ok, now's the part that you three kiss on the lips Big Grin

I'll settle for Eskimo kisses in-game next time

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Gwynbleidd - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 03:38 PM)Variable link Wrote:Ok, now's the part that you three kiss on the lips Big Grin

You're making the Frieden bros uncomfortable again Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 04:46 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:You're making the Frieden bros uncomfortable again Big Grin

As long as nobody takes their genitals out and waves them around, I'm cool.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 07:02 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:As long as nobody takes their genitals out and waves them around, I'm cool.
I'm with you there Al, my ex-girlfriend was always doing that and it was very embarrassing. Couldn't take her anywhere!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-03-2015

Doveman clearly won this round... Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 03:05 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:You're being too harsh to yourself. Every team leader has his share of split-second decisions to make. Sometimes they are wrong. You had hoped the BTR would pass, it didn't. Mistakes happen. In the end, almost all of us survived.

Thanks but don't worry, I'm not really beating myself up about it. As you say it's just one of those things that happens and which I can learn from.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 07:10 PM)doveman link Wrote:I'm with you there Al, my ex-girlfriend was always doing that and it was very embarrassing. Couldn't take her anywhere!

Oh man, I know what you are talking about.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - SPhoenix - 02-09-2015

Good fun tonight, although I'm a little bummed about the PMC mission. It felt like scrambling around for our lives and not really knowing what we're doing. Good on Alwarren's part for keeping us all together but I think that mission tries to make you fail a little too much.

Still, Variable was the undisputed hero tonight with this wonderful action... [1], [2] and [3]

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-23-2015

Shift Change

Not much to say about this. Well, actually there is. I liked the fact that the base was relatively big, so I had to make sure most angles were covered. Most defense missions are at a small objective area were you can basically keep everything together, but this was different, also due to the terrain.

Brécourt Manor Site

What I do not like about the mission is the way it forces you to attack from a specific angle, it sounds artificial to have the minefields positioned just like that.
One thing I noticed in this mission again is the lack of discipline from some players. By that I mean:

- Formations getting scrambled, or people not checking their side.
- Assigned fire angles getting ignored.
- Disregarding commands from the team leader
- Generally only wanting to be where the action is.

I know it's a game, I know we play it for fun, but it is also a coop game, not a competition on who shoots the most enemies. It requires a lot of effort from the team leader to get this under control, which is one of the reasons I generally avoid leading in recent months.

All Saints

I liked the firefight in the beginning, and bCombat certainly makes sure the AI kept us on our toes. I wonder whether anyone of Bravo team noticed the custom Whiteboard in the AAF Field HQ that advertised the FHQ Missions on the workshop, though Big Grin

The second half of the mission showed we need more tank missions, because our coordination with tanks sucks. In that respect, I'd like to point to another of Dsylexi's excellent video guides:

(BTW, I am thankful for opinions on All Saints, if you could head over into the Mission releases forum and drop a note... was the second part okay? Too boring? Too long?)

PMC Versus Episode 7

Boy, that's a tough one. I suppose it might be a good idea to either keep the pilots with us, or drive them straight back into the camp to get them out of the way before tackling the plane.

Green Mountain

Short but sweet. A nice little mission. Could have used more opposition in the form of vehicles, carrying the RPG-26 was kind of pointless since there was nothing to shoot it at. A bit on the easy side, but that isn't necessarily the worst thing.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 03-13-2015

After Variable, Varanon and alwarren left, we completed co@05_rapid_relief.altis.pbo

]My team made it to the special weapons on that Hardcore mission, we opened chutes at 3km and glided in, goes faster than free-falling.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - alias - 03-13-2015

(03-13-2015, 02:26 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:]My team made it to the special weapons on that Hardcore mission, we opened chutes at 3km and glided in, goes faster than free-falling.

Good to know that. Thanks bro!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-14-2015

(03-13-2015, 02:26 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:After Variable, Varanon and alwarren left, we completed co@05_rapid_relief.altis.pbo
Did you play Molos Cache Raid? If so, how is it?

(03-13-2015, 02:26 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:My team made it to the special weapons on that Hardcore mission, we opened chutes at 3km and glided in, goes faster than free-falling.
Did you have problems with grabbing the equipment? I remember it was broken.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Misha - 03-14-2015

Molos Cache Raid was great! Really nice atmosphere, and it suddenly goes from quiet to very tense. Like, when the action starts you get quickly overwhelmed by the enemies coming from many directions, so you have to act and move quickly.

We failed twice, but second time it seemed we were close till we met mg.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 03-14-2015

(03-14-2015, 03:38 PM)Variable link Wrote:Did you play Molos Cache Raid? If so, how is it?

Farooq revive with only medic being able to revive, so it was pretty much over once the medic got shot.

Very hard, it even looks like there aren't any enemies until the first shot goes off, then about 2-3 squads worth swarm the place.

(03-14-2015, 03:38 PM)Variable link Wrote:Did you have problems with grabbing the equipment? I remember it was broken.

I didn't grab anything or even see what the 'special weapons' marker held, I ended the mission once we landed on ground.