Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 12-07-2014

Yeah, I don't see all the missions we played either, just ends after Stinger.

[color=rgb(85, 85, 85)]Ninth PMC versus mission[/color]

The enemy went exactly where when they should have - on my APERS mine. It's such fun when you finally got the superior units that kicked your ass on the previous attempt.
I got myself killed trying to take on silenced ninjas.

Stinger

It was late, so I decided to speed it up and just go across the open. The enemy rewarded me with a bullet straight in the face after we disengaged to the south. Hope it went well for everyone else after that :p

For some reason my spectator camera was moved to 0/0 coords after a few mins of spectating Stinger and everyone in the TFAR TS channel became unmuted, although it looked like you couldn't hear me, thankfully.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-07-2014

(12-07-2014, 11:29 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Stinger
It was late, so I decided to speed it up and just go across the open. The enemy rewarded me with a bullet straight in the face after we disengaged to the south. Hope it went well for everyone else after that :p
It went well. Once you got killed we retreated to the west(?) back to the rock wall and took cover. Took us some time but we managed to kill most of the guys that took cover by that road and moved under doveman's suppresive fire until he ran out of ammo. We moved so that damn M113 is blocked by the guard post and disabled it from close range with an AT round. Killed the crew, rearmed and moved to the hangars. While we were there we took fire from the rockwall (I suppose the enemy that killed you moved there) and we advanced on the control tower after softening it up with HE grenades. Alwarren(?) took out the AA tank and we moved on to clear the perimeter and the tower itself. Afterwards, it was only the A10s that had to be taken out. We had no explosives so we used AT, MG and hand grenade fire to take one of them out. Alwarren discovered that the 50.Cal on the disabled M113 penetrates the hangar so he fired through it and took out the second jet. Then we retreated becaus our idiot leader thought we need to get back to the insertion point, only to realize we need to be extracted from the runway, got back to the runway and ended the mission since extraction didn't arrive. Only Alwarren, Alias, Ion and myself survived the mission.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-07-2014

Guys, please comment and rate PMC Versus Ep. 9 we played on Thursday:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341625784

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Valhalian - 12-07-2014

Commented and rated =)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-22-2014

Although a lot of technical difficulties last night, there were several good missions and several intense firefights that were a good experience. Everybody, please make sure your addons are working before joining, don't rely on your profiles as they prove to be misleading in a lot of cases. When major updates are out, please connect to the server, which is always on, and select several missions on the AiA TP islands. If you can load the mission you are in the clear, if you are not, you have a problem - let us know before coop night and we'll assist.

Clean Sweep 5
Nice fireworks, good job on keeping the APC alive in this one Freeman! This was a nice showcase for the new Blastcore Phoenix (please no mod bug report in the debriefing thread).

Fuel Reserves
Given the unforgiving and unfair respawning AI I think we did a good job. We held our ground for about 15 minutes? That was impressive given the resistance. McGregor, good job on leading team red! We need to find a way to beat this mission, it has great potential. All in all, the firefights were awesome, and it was great to shoot an AK again. Maybe directly assault the fuel compounds using the helicopter? It will be dangerous, yet exciting Smile.
Alwarren came up with a good idea for radio network configuration when splitting the team - secondary team leaders just need to set up an alternate channel using a separate channel (one that is not used by either of the teams). For example - Team one is on channel one, team two is on channel two. The leaders of the teams set channel 3 as an alternate channel. This way the leaders don't hear the other team's internal comms.

Operation Romeo
Good mission up until we fucked up the rescue objective. I take responsibility for not approaching this objective more carefully, somehow I thought that it was optional (kinda missed the fact that this rescue objective was what the mission was named after, stupid me), and we engaged without proper preparation, debriefing and reconnaissance. Other than that, great work everybody, and especially Sithis for his solid leading of Bravo and Manuel for keeping us alive until my rushed assault on Romeo's compound made it too hard even on him.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ion - 12-22-2014

hey, one commet to the spy vs. spy mission we played last thursday. i was alone on the airfield from one moment to the other. i heard the leader sying go and all of you are gone. dont know what happend? could it be that i need to buy the chopper DLC so i can fly with as passenger? so i decide to quit for this evening. nothing problematic only told you if someone wonder. cya guys.....

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-26-2014

CO 10 PMC Versus Argentum

That was pretty hard. The moment outlawz spotted the enemies coming for us, while engaging I was immediately killed and then they got Corona shortly after.

CO 10 Forward

This one was pretty fun. It reminded me of playing a game of checkpoint on insurgency when ammo crate spawn on every checkpoint.There were nice firefights, artillery missions, spotting around.

CO 12 RHS Snow Pass

Nice armor steamrolling against Russian forces. I assume I didn't get to see RPG's flying around from enemy infantries since we either mowed them down or suppressed them 1st. The enemy T 72 didn't really put up much of a fight though. I do think it's kind of problematic that the commander sights for the M1A1 Zoom out when you click Zoom in which is kind of weird

CO 10 Operation Blue Sky

Broken. Not too much action driving around bits for me, I'm fine with driving though.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-27-2014

(12-22-2014, 10:55 PM)ion link Wrote:hey, one commet to the spy vs. spy mission we played last thursday. i was alone on the airfield from one moment to the other. i heard the leader sying go and all of you are gone. dont know what happend? could it be that i need to buy the chopper DLC so i can fly with as passenger? so i decide to quit for this evening. nothing problematic only told you if someone wonder. cya guys.....
ion, why haven't you said anything? Next time please use the radio to let us know, and if that fails use the text chat. I'm sorry about that, no one seemed to realized we left someone behind...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ion - 12-28-2014

jep np. was confused. radiorange was to short, will use the text next time. decided to wait cause i dont want to break the mission. so np for me. maybe it is usefull give an advise for using dlc chopper cause i didnt bought it but i will today.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 12-28-2014

(12-28-2014, 04:02 PM)ion link Wrote:maybe it is usefull give an advise for using dlc chopper cause i didnt bought it but i will today.

You only need the DLC to fly the helicopters, not board them.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-28-2014

(12-28-2014, 04:02 PM)ion link Wrote:jep np. was confused. radiorange was to short, will use the text next time. decided to wait cause i dont want to break the mission. so np for me. maybe it is usefull give an advise for using dlc chopper cause i didnt bought it but i will today.
Also, you could use steam chat if all else fails Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ion - 12-28-2014

[You only need the DLC to fly the helicopters, not board them.]

than i dont know what happend. maybe it was a sign to me for go to sleep.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - SPhoenix - 12-29-2014

Thank you guys for a wonderful session once again.
I hope taking the lead on this one wasn't too catastrophic. Thanks to Outlawz for providing some relief on this part and for being patient.

Good mission altogether! Approach on the last base was tough, I think most of my squad got wiped out (actually dead) from a single man at the bottom of the guard tower.

Thank you again, looking forward to the next time!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-29-2014

CO 14 FHQ RHS Convoy

Great ambush mission. Pretty intense. With Bravo team, den was killed at the back of the house and Misha later along the beach. Clutching closely to cover while the APC try to wreck havoc with Sithis was quite intense and then bright explosion happen. After taking out the convoy and heading to next objective, it was only me, Sithis, Manuel, and Hellhammer remaining. Since everyone was going to bed by then and it was last mission of the day, we took our sweet time walking all the way to the last objective the safe way trying to evade the BMP there. Sithis and I got to the building and there we got attack and held off the infantry then push to the heli having Manuel and Hellhammer meeting us there, we try to see if choppers were unlockable but naw so we head in the barn but no option on pilot to persuade so we held off the barn. Got the infantry, hid from the BMP, got an AT soldier's RPG.

Strange thing that happen, when Manuel and Hellhammer went to the top floor of the barn, they magically teleported to the ambush site again. When Sithis was going to take the shot with the RPG at the BMP, it magically disappear. The pilot magically disappeared too. We pretty much got everyone at the helicopter base so we considered it pretty much a win, though the pilots vanished.

On AI: Don't know if the enemy AI who I was facing while in the T-72 should've pull his RPG out and shoot me or not, but I was staring at him because I can't tell whether he was friendly or enemy, he just ran down the street (I later shot when Sithis order me to fire since it was confirm enemies later) but they didn't pull the RPG out.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ion - 12-29-2014

i liked the first mission yesterday. thx to outlawz for his work and to sphoenix for the lead, was pretty nice all in all. bad luck for us to get killed by a single man and for me i have to say i became unconcentrated to the end. good lead bad concentration.

thx for the game, cya on thursday