Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 09-21-2014

co12_no_negotiations

Went well, a bit hectic with 12 people in one team, but I think we managed. Just enough enemies to keep the tempo up, seeing some ATVs and snipers was a nice change.

co08_sigma03_pull_britannia

Wall glitching AI with silencers strikes again. At least we completed it.

co@07_lord_of_war

My face just after I entered the truck as the UAV operator:
[Image: homer_doh.png]

Does dropping the terminal before entering really fix/avoid this bug?

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-22-2014

No Negotiations
That was a fun mission! Too bad we lost Kutya in a boat accident. We had nice firefights on the ammo depot and when we bumped into that road block unexpectedly. The roadblock battle started with us on a great disadvantage - 50. Cal and a static grenade launcher and some hunkered down infantry which we literally bumped into and didn't manage to spot at the first moments of taking fire. We managed to overcome them in that firefight only due to flanking and suppression. Whenever I shoot an enemy who's facing another direction due to us flanking him is a good coop moment for me, and I experienced several moments like that in this mission. Loved that! Good job everyone.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - UnNamedGER - 09-22-2014

No Negotiations

Very nice mission, I liked the role of scouting ahead a little even though it was mostly for spotting the mines, and "go to the top of the hill and take a look" seemingly was misinterpreted by me by some hundred meters xD

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 09-29-2014

PMC Cronus 1

Once again, great storytelling by Fuiba. The AI took down a handful of us and I do wonder, do we have setcaptive or something because the AI are running around and not shooting us, the civilians and such, nevertheless, AI behavior was weird. It'd be better if the tasks and briefings get switch over to FHQ as well.

Bomberman Three

It was fun, but it went longer than I expected. It looks like a short mission design, but there were so much enemy that it had to be retreat and even more retreat. Freeing the hostages seem to work out wel this time. Ammo went really short.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-29-2014

Pyrsos Hills (Thursday's coop)
Wonderful execution guys. I got killed pretty early so I spectated the rest of the mission. Great job Alwarren for taking over and pushing it to the end, great use of suppression and maneuvering, the mission could not have been completed without it.
One comment - I don't remember who it was but at some point, at the thick of the fight, someone asked for permission to fire an AT at the enemy Strider. Let's stress this again - You do not need permission to return fire.

Bomberman Three
We need to take into account the AI ability to detect mines and satchels. A month ago I played an SP mission that had me taking out an armored column. I placed something like three or four explosive charges on the road and the convoy just slalomed and drove between them. I suppose I told ghost to place his AP mines too close to the road and that made the AI to disembark and see me hiding next to the building. On the second attempt we nailed it. Having bravo to the south tipped the balance towards us when fighting the enemy infantry after taking out the MG Ifrits.

Blindog - great job leading Bravo! It was a pleasure coordinating with you our movements.
Great job Knight for being a very proactive medic - that's how a medic should be played. constantly checking everybody and immediately responding to injuries in the team.
Ghost - excellent work suppressing the enemy infantry! It sure made a difference.

Game of Drones
I failed to assess the fast response of the enemy to our presence after the firs engagement. We got flanked from east and west, all from elevated positions. Different route next time.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 09-29-2014

Bomberman Three

Nailed the ambush, but as the mission's maker I need to look into the second part.

Game of Drones

I think we should keep AI even across teams, I respawned into Variable's team and had a short identity crisis.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 03:45 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I think we should keep AI even across teams, I respawned into Variable's team and had a short identity crisis.
Roger that. I wanted to keep the AI on my team to spare you from having to control them since I don't mind managing AI.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 09-29-2014

PMC Versus Campaign Mission 1

Seemed like a good mission, though I died pretty soon after we met up with the other team.  May or may not have been a friendly fire incident, but there were also enemies in the area so it could have been that (though I never heard any gunfire and just immediately slumped over...very accurate AI if so).

Bomberman Three

Still a great mission, and we got pretty close this time, but we simply ran out of ammo and there were too many enemy units at the FOB to be able to overtake it.  Maybe some sort of external ammo cache or an ammo drop being available would help?  Mainly a problem for the rescued Delta team who had to rely on scavenging enemy weapons, and then later had no way to re-arm from other team members due to different ammo types.

Plus, what was going on with the swarm of circling enemies in the middle of the base?

A Game of Drones

Also seemed like a cool mission, though frankly it was just far too dark for me to see what was going on.  I know we spawned in flashlights, but we were told not to use them unless for a specific task (and makes sense, because enemies can see them).  However, given the forest terrain, I was completely unable to see enemies until they were already engaging, and only when they fired by their muzzle flash.  If I was in a completely dark room I might have been able to see better, but given it was around 1 PM local time, and it was bright and sunny, I didn't have much chance.  I know we don't like to overuse NVGs if we don't have to, but I think on that particular mission they were necessary if I was going to be effective.

On a side note, I really hope they fix the blurring issue at the start of missions.  That is really a game-breaking problem if it doesn't clear up quickly.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 07:57 PM)MavericK link Wrote:Plus, what was going on with the swarm of circling enemies in the middle of the base?

CSAT gang bang Wink

Quote: If I was in a completely dark room I might have been able to see better, but given it was around 1 PM local time, and it was bright and sunny, I didn't have much chance.  I know we don't like to overuse NVGs if we don't have to, but I think on that particular mission they were necessary if I was going to be effective.

All enemy team leaders have NVG's IIRC, so picking them up from killed enemies is a possibility. I don't like my guerrilla missions with NVG's, though - that is stuff that only spec ops should use.

I'll look into moving the mission's date, maybe I can catch a bit brighter night.

Quote:On a side note, I really hope they fix the blurring issue at the start of missions.  That is really a game-breaking problem if it doesn't clear up quickly.

I hear it is fixed already but not in the main branch yet, unless it was included in today's hotfix, but the changelog makes no mention of it.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 10-03-2014

Blood Runner

It was good while it lasted. The first stage was defense, and I don't think any leader (even one so good looking as the one we had on Blood Runner yesterday) can do much wrong there. Going from there with the truck was risky, but quite honestly, I didn't want to risk the infantry getting overrun on the dry salt lake plain with no cover with a Marid and several MRAPs hanging around, so I thought "make a run for it"... and then killed, by old age

Bullseye

Not much to say about this. It ended quicker than you could say "insertion takes too long". One note, when driving in submarines with bad visibility, always take care not to bump into each other... make use of the PIP display in front of you.

Dropdown: Frini

Short and sweet (and for some people, too complicated.. if you don't get that, check, the comments, hehe). Good leadership on that one, solid plan, and well executed by all.

For the newcomers: Don't worry about not getting the chute thing. We all did our own lawn darts in our time Big Grin

Game of Drones

Loved that mission, even though it put me into an early grave. Good leadership again, I don't think we could have cracked the castle with less casualties, those .50s ripped us apart, really.

One thing on player conduct: We had a clear idea where the enemy was coming from (the castle), so when I saw muzzle flashes and heard fire from that direction, I knew there was an enemy there... following the muzzle flashes, I could see the shooter, but strangely enough, he was in front of the tree and facing towards the castle. That's when I noticed it was one of us... and ONLY one.

People, PLEASE do not run off from the group. It will lead to your death and someone else being sad because he killed you. I usually check my targets before I shoot, and that saved your skin yesterday (you know who you are Wink ). But with the low visibility, dense vegetation and general agitation, it's easy to just be shot.

Seven Wind Turbines

I don't think this mission was made without respawn in mind.  In any case, we were quickly overrun at the windmills because they came from all sides... At least the initial mortar fire did take out some guys...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - alias - 10-03-2014

Blood Runner

Good call on escaping from camp, i would never thought of that, we were lucky too, if Marid would've laid eyes on us we would've been dead in a matter of seconds.

I loved the look of water on ground, is so simple to create the impression of rain actually wetting the ground, i don't understand why BIS didn't implement this feature yet as a script and weather effect.

What happened near the check point is a mystery... i'm  very curious to see how can I reproduce it so i can use it in a future mission at least Smile... could be old age... i'll check fcx library Smile

Bullseye

Let's play wolfpack missions over and over again and delete everything alse  :Smile

I have too much respect for the effort of editors and moders to go hard on this guy, he put a lot effort in making these mission, but i wonder if he ever played his own missions... is like he tried to do everything to spoil the fun... long insertions, stupid restrictions, bugs, long unrewarding intro, long walks, you end up with a 2-3 hours gameplay full of nothing... is beyond me TBH.

Dropdown: Frini

I love Outlaws' missions. My brain can rest when i play them. Good coordination, the only thing i would've done is to leave a guy behind when Bravo assaulted the hill, we got flanked and since we where too close we lost the perspective.

Game of Drones

What a joy, Chernarus looks great in the morning, nice location and setup, felt like an adventure and the hike felt nice even we had to walk +1 km. Good mission!
To give players a fighting chance i would only change the time of the day with 30 min or so. It was impossible for me to see the 50 cals and i have a good big ass monitor Smile
I think flares would look bad ass on that missions as well and maybe changing the time of the day won't be required.

PMC Resurreximus

Nice atmosphere, simple and well balanced for a relaxing session. Good leading and good job all teams.
The only thing i would change is the last tasks... stealing off roads, is a bit repetitive for a short mission since we already had to steal the trucks, i would either remove the last task or replace it by another type of task.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - alias - 10-03-2014

If you played Dropdown: Frini please rate it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291538373

and here
http://game-comics.com/dropdown-frini/

Thank you and please thank and support the authors, rating and commenting is the least we can do to reward thousands and thousands of hours of work.

FHQ let us know when you add Games of Drones on STEAM, same it goes for Fuiba and everyone else. Thanks.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Fuiba - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 05:38 PM)alias link Wrote:PMC Resurreximus

Nice atmosphere, simple and well balanced for a relaxing session. Good leading and good job all teams.
The only thing i would change is the last tasks... stealing off roads, is a bit repetitive for a short mission since we already had to steal the trucks, i would either remove the last task or replace it by another type of task.

Roger that, I guess I let the mission briefing take control of the mission objectives and it really should have been the other way around. I think I should change the mission objectives before releasing the mission pack to "general public". Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: corrected a myriad of spelling and other mistakes. It was friday night at the time of writing.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 10:50 AM)Varanon link Wrote:For the newcomers: Don't worry about not getting the chute thing. We all did our own lawn darts in our time Big Grin

Might be worth mentioning in case anyone doesn't know but when I had a problem being unable to steer my chute, it turned out to be because this uses the Helicopter/Rotary Wing key mappings and I'd cleared them and only had it mapped to my joystick. Unless that's changed since with an update.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 10-04-2014

Good games on Thursday!

Drop down Frini
Nice action. That Pawnee managed to take off and strafed us only to meet Panda's MG that killed its pilot. It crashed rather close to us. It was nice to see the Hunter explode and Varanon's HE rocket engulf the main tower with smoke and debris.
From what I heard from Outlawz, Bravo managed to get up to the FOB without getting detected and saw the enemies had their back on them, which means our diversion and suppression worked more than expected! Good job everyone.

Game of Drones
Too bad 3/4 of our force got killed. I didn't assess the range to the castle correctly and we were forced into a head on assault facing two MG nests which rightfully cost us a lot of good lives. I considered a retreat but then I realised Bravo had practically reached the castle's walls. My initial intention was to take out the guys by the fire and then flank hard to the left and attack from the road. But the premature detection and the enemy counter attack changed that and we eventually got to the road but with heavy losses. In any case, Bravo's attack had won us the mission. By the time Stick, Outlawz and myself got to the castle the enemy defence was so week to the point that only us three managed to finish off the survivors and complete the mission. So this is another aspect of a good coop! Sacrifice will sometimes win us missions, so good job Bravo!

Versus ep.1
That was good action! Loved the dark atmosphere that really made you feel like a nihilist greedy merc. Good manuevering and firefights. I'm anxiously looking forward to chapter two!