Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 09-28-2013

(09-28-2013, 03:04 PM)Variable link Wrote:Actually, did it bugged out? The debriefing said mission accomplished, so maybe the crate was "loaded" after all...
Even if it didn't, so be it...

The task wasn't ticked as completed, so I guess it bugged.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 09-28-2013

Yeah, task wasn't complete, but we still finished the mission. When I approached it, it gave me a "Carry in pair" option on interaction menu. Once freeman was near me, I selected it and instantly got a "dropped" message on top left. I'm guessing it might have been dropped below the building floor onto terrain or something.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-29-2013

Please tell me someone recorded the mission Grandfather Lion...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - maullin - 09-30-2013

Some good missions last night.
I find missions in forests really difficult -The one I led was typical of that. Looking back I can see we should have gone forward much more slowly. Leading is tough but I guess you only get better through practice. I really liked Misha's mission even though we all died. Thery seemed to come from everywhere at once. Is it a bad idea to put a sniper or machinegunner up high on a lighthouse as a firebase? Will they get picked off by the AI? What about someone just as a spotter but not shooting so they can point out contacts?
Lefty

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-30-2013

Empire Strykers Back
We did a good job in that mission. Just one comment - When the team moves towards a building, evens move towards the right corner, odds towards the left corner and check. As common sense dictates.

Severnoj Fireworks
Good games last night indeed. Forests are a bitch, yeah. It's true we should have moved more carefully, maybe with bounding overwatch? Vanha, the author of that mission, gave us with his infinite Wisdom, two TWS equipped rifles. They can really balance the odds with the AI since the thermal vision makes it easier for our weak human eyes to spot those sneaky buggers with their camouflage clothing.
Lefty, I'm sure you'll get the hang of leading in no time Lefty!

Duck Soup
Nice mission! I like it when it gets close and personal like that although it usually ends with our demise. Placing a man on that lighthouse just for observation might work well, that's a good idea. However, it's extremely risky as the AI can spot him even if he doesn't fire, and that will be the end for him as he is exposed, and the team can do nothing to support.
Lefty leading this mission next time! Big Grin

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 10:08 AM)Variable link Wrote:Grand Dutchy
Nice mission! I like it when it gets close and personal like that although it usually ends with our demise. Placing a man on that lighthouse just for observation might work well, that's a good idea. However, it's extremely risky as the AI can spot him even if he doesn't fire, and that will be the end for him as he is exposed, and the team can do nothing to support.
Lefty leading this mission next time! Big Grin

I think you mixed two missions up, Grand Dutchy is the sander one on Nogova where we ambushed an ammo truck convoy at start. Guess the one you're describing is the Canard one. That one went well, but we got bogged down at the radar. Gotta keep changing those positions.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 09-30-2013

I stand corrected! Fixed, thanks.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 09-30-2013

Grand Dutchy:

This time, I didn't mess up with the sun, thanks to previous experiences. It went well this time (although my plan for the ambush was better the previous time). But this mission shows how important it is to consider the sun at morning.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Fap - 10-01-2013

The mission where we took a defensive position by the lighthouse close to the shore and me standing alone out in the field, hiding behind the thinnest tree I've ever seen was probably the most hectic mission I've ever tried.

Hectic in a damn good way!

I nearly burst out laughing when Variable started chasing after a BTR with his RPG, just looked hilarious, our fearless leader, and then the crew ejected and we had to come back and help him out Tongue

I feel we could've aced the mission if we had retreated back to the houses on the first sighting of the BTR's, but yeah, that was freaking fun!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 10-01-2013

I like how we killled that little bugger hiding inside the building with the AGS and the crane going down.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 10-01-2013

(10-01-2013, 05:59 AM)Fap link Wrote:I nearly burst out laughing when Variable started chasing after a BTR with his RPG, just looked hilarious, our fearless leader, and then the crew ejected and we had to come back and help him out Tongue
Welcome Fap! Smile
A lesson learned - Those BTR-70 can take two RPG hits. Unlike the BMP that immediately explode on the first hit. These BTRs will only be disabled on the first hit, allowing all the packed infantry to disembark safely and shoot back, as happened in my "heroic" attempt. Therefore - we need to put up two AT gunners against a single BTR-70. Both hits simultaneously will ensure those damn soviets will burn inside.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-02-2013

Good game today...If I learned anything it's that I need to work on my RPG-7 skills.  Though, in fairness, I typically never choose to be the RPG gunner because of that.  Tongue

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 10-02-2013

(10-02-2013, 05:37 AM)MavericK link Wrote:Good game today...If I learned anything it's that I need to work on my RPG-7 skills.  Though, in fairness, I typically never choose to be the RPG gunner because of that.  Tongue
You should! Arma's most gratifying moments are when you blow up a tank using an AT rocket.
Check misha's guide: http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2697.msg17069#msg17069. You don't need to memorize anything, just print it and save it by your computer. There's also mk4 AT sight guide addon that will put the guide in your briefing permanently: http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2661.msg16779#msg16779
Note that in the beta the ballistics of the rockets have become much more realistic so these guide don't apply to it.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 10-02-2013

Great, thanks for the tips!

Ironically, it's actually a lot easier in ACE since you can either range most of the sights manually, or they have fairly easy-to-understand optics.

The only one I couldn't figure out for ACE was the RPO-M which has a bizarre optic.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Rund - 10-02-2013

You can also bookmark that forum thread on you phones browser, so you have a "second' screen dedicated to browse through them, and dont have the paper mess Smile