Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 03-03-2014

(03-03-2014, 08:21 PM)Variable link Wrote:Beach boys went great. A moment to cherish - running away south and looking behind my shoulder seeing rund's tracers on his last stand against the americans, sacrificing himself while allowing us to live. A truly "for whom the bells toll" moment. That's why I play this game, awesome job Alwarren. Thanks!

Thanks Big Grin

The name was "Breach Boys" BTW, little play on words that apparently went unnoticed by everyone  Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 03-03-2014

Lol - not by me, thought i'd read the mission release thread wrong for a minute  ;D
Thought -i could've swore it was 'Breach'  ;D

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 03-04-2014

Well, we did spend plenty of time on the beach so I guess either way works.  8)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Rund - 03-04-2014

As said, Breach Boys is just the mission I like: tense, unpredictable and really requires you to focus and stick with the team. Phantom did a good job leading us, but the end became a bit messy when we split up I think. But that's not the reason for our deaths, we just should have moved after the tent engagement.

Reminder to all: never loiter around after you gave up your position by firing an MG for 2 minutes Tongue

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-09-2014

Heavy Metal:
Finally some armoured action! I thought it was going nicely until I realised only Rund's tank is up. And then that nuke came Smile
Good job driving Gwyn, that was some great crew work there. TFA radio is great for vehicles, regular speech for communication inside the vehicle, radio to communicate with command.
Guys please rate and comment on the mission page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232008106

Convoy Chaos:
Great mission. I enjoyed it immensly, especially the convoy ambush part. It was well executed too, drone reconnaissance, explosive placement, and a coordinated strike. The attack was breathtaking, if you haven't watched the video, don't miss it!
Conclusions: there were three trucks full of infantry, by the time I destroyed one, they managed to deploy the rest of the troops, so there was no point in wasting another missile on an empty truck, that's why I didn't fire a second missile. Luckily the machine gun fire managed to pin them hard so well we could have picked them off one by one. Good job on that MG Outlawz, that's the way to use it.
Reinforcement chopper - it took way too long for us to open fire on it, it could have ended worse if they disembarked on the side facing us.
Guys please rate and comment on the mission page, one comment per participating player, don't hold back if you see it had already been commented:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190236873

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-10-2014

Ghost Recon

That barricading at the building we got to protect works better than using the other buildings around with shrubs obscuring your view. Nice nades at the end that took out about 4 guys or something at the last building then we kill the last guy in the compound.

Lost Squad

Yay we finally beat it. Very epic scene at the end on the escape and the tanks hitting the mines.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-16-2014

Wraith Recon Mission 2:
We had some great moments there. I liked this mission, and this seems to be a quality campaign. Good job Varanon and team on successful completion. Comments - When carrying AT, and trying to locate a rather close by armored target, don't look through the AT's optics. This will cause to a "straw view" and in high probability you will not spot the tank. Instead, look for the target in regular view, when spotted, put the target in the middle of the FOV, and only then switch to your sights.
Valhalian - we had some nice hasty ambush for that hunter, that went nice. Varanon, good thing you told Valhalian to come with me, the crew managed to jump out alive and the extra barrel was needed in order to successfully gun them down.

All participating players please rate (the thumb up key) AND comment on the mission page on the workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229921756&searchtext=wraith

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 03-19-2014

Valley Troubles

Sorry guys, my PC froze and by the time I'd rebooted, you'd all gone! At least we found the crash site eventually but I don't know where on earth that ammo was supposed to be.

I was trying to go wide to give us an overview of the target sectors as much as possible but we seemed to be taking fire from multiple directions when approaching the chopper that we brought down (good job, always nice to do that), so in hindsight maybe it wasn't the best way to go! I think it worked quite well before we got to that point, using the buildings on the right-side of the road to give us overwatch into the compound on the left of the road but we were taking a fair bit of intermittent fire from behind us to the W/NW, so it wasn't ideal.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-19-2014

Blockbusters
Once you're in the base and weapons are hot, shit hits the fan Smile . I actually beaten this with Maverick before and I think I beat it with Stick as well on the ace version. Let's just say, I made this before I figure stealth killing isn't ideal (unless they have no idea where it came from even though they're still piss off).

CWR2 Cooperative
Nice approach on saving the hostage though 1 got shot. The taking out the APCs were nice though I was shot in the head by a guy with an AK before the mission was completed.

Defence Play
That hind blew me up and a few others pretty good but after clearing the island of Spetsnaz units, the 3 choppers that was suppose to come at us never came (bug).

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 03:49 AM)Phantom link Wrote:CWR2 Cooperative
Nice approach on saving the hostage though 1 got shot. The taking out the APCs were nice though I was shot in the head by a guy with an AK before the mission was completed.
That mission was always great... The first part was clockwork. Lucky "satchel shot" with that BMP that decided to get back to travel on the road right  on our satchel and two excellent LAW shots on the other BMP and the truck. I saw one of the Russians shooting the POWs right before I popped him. quite an alarming moment...
Good job to all who participated.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Rund - 03-20-2014

(03-19-2014, 03:36 PM)Variable link Wrote:That mission was always great... The first part was clockwork. Lucky "satchel shot" with that BMP that decided to get back to travel on the road right  on our satchel and two excellent LAW shots on the other BMP and the truck. I saw one of the Russians shooting the POWs right before I popped him. quite an alarming moment...
Good job to all who participated.

That first moment was quite intense indeed, then my satchel seemed useless, so I stepped out of sight to fight the other side. But var could see the satchel and voice-detonate it  ;D
We got quite lucky on the T72, disabling it pretty quick, it could have wiped out pretty much all of us Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-21-2014

Wraith recon campaign, episode 3:
I really liked it. The mission punished us twice. On the first attempt for not keeping on moving when facing an armoured platoon.  At the second attempt for not checking our backs and not realising fast enough that we have enemies that close and at an unexpected direction. I really have no problem with that type of revive that doesn't let you die from a headshot, as long as the mission Is designed with that in mind, like this mission was. Sure, it's a bit of an immersion killer, but that mission in particular compensated for it by being fast paced and eventful. Really, the only damage it did was extending the end of us part by two more minutes. I'd say it's definitely worth it, and I would really like to try to beat that one, if no one objects.

Dogged Prospector:
It went well and also showed how much ASR contributes to a fun game (by the lack of it last night). I think we did good up to the hostage part. Let me illustrate a quick guide for handling a hostage AI once it's rescued:
First, if the situation allows, try to give him a weapon. It will allow him to defend itself but more importantly, Arma's AI behave much better when armed in terms of movement, cover and formation.
Second, DO NOT let them keep formation ('return to formation' order) until you are certain the area is clear from enemies. Keep it in cover and gradually assign it waypoints until you are ready to transit away from the area. If multiple AI units are involved, assign a different waypoint for each one instead of moving them as a group.
Third, if the situation permits, assign the AI with a babysitter to keep tight with him, be his bodyguard, and letting you know of any problem that requires your attention or commands.

Chesty campaign, episode 2:
That was a fun mission! I wish we hadn't lose three guys(!) due to Arma glitches. It was quite cool taking that town and using the bobcat to push the containers.

It was long and gratifying but I was left a bit  unsatisfied with how it ended. I made errors there at the convoy ambush part: not preparing for the possibility they will so effectively return fire from that distances and taking proper cover, not assigning targets and by that ending up firing two rockets on one target. Not telling rund to just let the other CSAT forces to take care of the remaining vehicle for him after we all died Wink
Too bad we didn't see the "mission accomplished" screen, but given the mission's extended length, I guess we can call that one completed. Good job everybody!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-24-2014

Valley Sappers
Looks like I didn't need my satchel since the mines did the trick. Nice job in taking out the Tunguska and Alwarren for taking over after Variable was killed. Too bad the helicopter won't land.

Defence Play
Those helicopters getting shot down was epic scene I hit alt F10 to get my shadowplay recording a few times. That Acula put up a huge fight, I think best mission of the day.

FHQ Screw Driving
I got to love the details and scenary put in on all the FHQ missions and nice cutscene. Really nice hook on start. Mission didn't end since Variable's ghost kept telling me to fall back unfortunately.

Operation Broken Archer
I got to the 3 AA alone after Variable and Horus died but I got headshotted at that point. I manage to clear the building that was full of troops that killed Variable and Horus though. I find myself needing ammo more in Arma 3 than in Arma 2 overall since I use fully automatic more whereas in Arma 2 I mainly use single shots since the amount of bullets it takes to kill in Arma 2 and 3 are different. I wanted to make sure they're sure shots. I'll take a new gun at CQB.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-24-2014

(03-24-2014, 01:34 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Operation Broken Archer
I got to the 3 AA alone after Variable and Horus died but I got headshotted at that point.
Cool! Where did you find explosives?
And yeah, in Arma 3 I fire a lot on auto fire mode since the extra damage is required and the recoil is bearable. It's good. I like firing a lot, adds to gameplay.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-24-2014

The 3 explosives were in a crate right next to the 3 AA guns. I honestly would say, we almost had it. I think packing more grenades for that base would have been beneficial to blow out some of the tangos.