Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 02-26-2014

(02-26-2014, 04:36 PM)Variable link Wrote:Mazi Beachead
An epic mission. A classical all out war mission. This is the type of mission where Arma really shines. Ran pretty smoothly for me although all the units and the constant activity. Good job to everyone who fought. We did a good job there.

Agreed, great mission, great execution. Was really fun.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-27-2014

Oi! An Ambush

I think we were probably too exposed down in the riverbed once things kicked off and there wasn't much cover to use to retreat back to town, so we probably would have been better staying in town and using the buildings for cover.

Misty Marina

Seemed like a good mission, although I was only getting 9fps and died pretty early. Managed to tweak it up to 20fps whilst dead but of course that doesn't mean I'd have got that if I was playing. Still, it was fun watching the last couple of guys go from house to house and putting up a good fight.

Mazi Beachhead

As everyone else has said, great mission and my fps was OK throughout I think, despite the large-scale of it and the subsequent amount of AI. It was a shame my Stryker got blown up, although we were fighting close quarters in town fairly soon after that so it probably wouldn't have been that useful there anyway. I've got a feeling I was being attacked from my right, from the far end of the runway or the woods near there, as when I respawned and was running that way looking for a weapon, I came under a lot of fire that seemed to be coming from that direction so ran back pretty quick! I think the bodies disappeared quite quickly, so I was pretty much stuck with the pistol I spawned with for the rest of the mission but better that than the bodies staying around and dragging the fps down.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 08:16 AM)doveman link Wrote:It was a shame my Stryker got blown up
Oh I allowed myself to put you in  danger since I knew we had that AI to spawn to Wink I guess it payed off since you took out several infantry before they blew the shit out of you.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 10:16 AM)Variable link Wrote:Oh I allowed myself to put you in  danger since I knew we had that AI to spawn to Wink I guess it payed off since you took out several infantry before they blew the shit out of you.

Yeah, it was lucky you did really, as those infantry were quite dug in and spread out, so might have killed some of the squad if I hadn't swatted them first Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-28-2014

(02-27-2014, 08:16 AM)doveman link Wrote:Mazi Beachhead

As everyone else has said, great mission and my fps was OK throughout I think, despite the large-scale of it and the subsequent amount of AI. It was a shame my Stryker got blown up, although we were fighting close quarters in town fairly soon after that so it probably wouldn't have been that useful there anyway. I've got a feeling I was being attacked from my right, from the far end of the runway or the woods near there, as when I respawned and was running that way looking for a weapon, I came under a lot of fire that seemed to be coming from that direction so ran back pretty quick! I think the bodies disappeared quite quickly, so I was pretty much stuck with the pistol I spawned with for the rest of the mission but better that than the bodies staying around and dragging the fps down.

Guys, let's spam Bardosi's mission page with thank yous! Smile
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180859521&tscn=1393588015

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-28-2014

Rogue

Very much enjoyed this mission. Kept us on our toes throughout. Good solid leadership and use of fireteams I thought.

Making Entry

I don't recall much about this one unfortunately but from what little I do recall, I think it was an OK mix of short and long range engagement.

Border Moving

I think everyone agreed this was far too long. I noticed it said "Saving" after we secured each point, so I don't know if we could have stopped after one of those moments and resumed it at a later date to break it up a bit. I didn't really enjoy it much as most of the time we were being engaged at range and I couldn't see the enemy, so was just trying to see where other people were shooting and firing in that direction. I don't know how others were able to see them, have you got 100" 4k TVs or something? Wink Anyway, I much prefer closer range engagements, not necessarily CQB but where I can at least see the enemy.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 03-01-2014

(02-28-2014, 10:46 PM)doveman link Wrote:I don't know how others were able to see them, have you got 100" 4k TVs or something? Wink

I actually really suck at spotting. I usually go by tracers at this range, or observe an area and look for movement only.

There should be a guide on effective spotting, and those firing drills in arma 3 would have been better off being things like spot training, movement in terrain, etc. I.e. something useful.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 03-01-2014

(02-28-2014, 10:46 PM)doveman link Wrote:I don't know how others were able to see them, have you got 100" 4k TVs or something? Wink Anyway, I much prefer closer range engagements, not necessarily CQB but where I can at least see the enemy.

I'm playing on 1920x1080 now, all I need is a pixel or two that's moving to get my interest. The ones I spotted were skylining on a ridge, hence the 'oh I see them - 1km away'. Otherwise the CSAT camo works very well on that part of Altis, I had a guy in a bush 200m away and didn't see him until I noticed the bush had a helmet.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 01:43 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I'm playing on 1920x1080 now, all I need is a pixel or two that's moving to get my interest. The ones I spotted were skylining on a ridge, hence the 'oh I see them - 1km away'. Otherwise the CSAT camo works very well on that part of Altis, I had a guy in a bush 200m away and didn't see him until I noticed the bush had a helmet.

lol. Yeah, bushes with helmets is a bit of a giveaway, I'll look out for those next time Smile

I'm just going to make excuses for my poor spotting for now, like having the wrong graphics settings, weird flickering artificats making me look in the wrong place, etc Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-03-2014

Beach Boys

Great mission Alwarren. Really nice atmosphere and that taking down the helicopter was epic. I don't think it was too easy or not enough enemies. There were plenty of enemies to go by. I just think we just took the safest route and moves to avoid enemies. We did encounter blackops shooting at us with silence weapons but we ran away after DesertEagle heard them. Taking out the M113 to lure out the enemy camps while we go around them was also another great manuever. Too bad doveman and rundll died luring the enemy towards them while we escape (a sacrifice <makes me feel like a sacrificial leader who sacrifices his men>).

Sixtyfour Fields

I honestly believe that Sander made a poor design choice for this mission. Stealth kills won't work, you can't snoop across in the day. You can blow up the building with the officer while blowing the computer as well. Now if you fail, search the whole island for Hinds, yeah, that's horrid design.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 03-03-2014

Beach Boys was excellent.  Sneaking around with a helicopter actively searching for you is awesome.  I wish the lighting engine in A2 was more like A3, though...some really dark places where it seemed like there should have been more light.  Like in the forest with the campfire, it didn't seem to light up that area much at all.

Sixtyfour Fields...I have to agree, the timer for getting to that intel is ridiculously short and I'm not sure it's even possible.  I do remember one time we got to the helicopters, but I think it was because we took some jeeps and split up, and they happened to be near the road.  So I don't think we got the intel then, either.  Either way, time consuming and not worthwhile considering the intel seems like either poor design or a bug.

The ArmA 3 mission we attempted at the end was quite fun, though the respawn thing was weird.  I never selected it to respawn and somehow I ended up back at the base with the exact gear I had before, not a new set.  So it basically just teleports you somewhere and heals you up, I guess.  The dynamic tasks thing is fun, though.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 03-03-2014

(03-03-2014, 01:15 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Too bad doveman and rundll died luring the enemy towards them while we escape (a sacrifice <makes me feel like a sacrificial leader who sacrifices his men>).

In the immortal words of Shaggy, "Wasn't me". I only joined on the next mission, so it must have been some other poor soul who sacrificed himself to let you escape. I'll take the medal if you want though Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 03-03-2014

Oops, wrong guy, I mean Setup. Oops.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 03-03-2014

(03-03-2014, 01:15 AM)Phantom link Wrote:I honestly believe that Sander made a poor design choice for this mission. Stealth kills won't work, you can't snoop across in the day. You can blow up the building with the officer while blowing the computer as well. Now if you fail, search the whole island for Hinds, yeah, that's horrid design.

CBA's fault.  :Smile

Smoke Column went well but we ran into the reaction force.

Transmission impossible that went well too, but I guess we'd have to organize an assault on every major interest point in Zernovo. Sander sure likes missions that cover several kms.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 03-03-2014

Beach boys went great. A moment to cherish - running away south and looking behind my shoulder seeing rund's tracers on his last stand against the americans, sacrificing himself while allowing us to live. A truly "for whom the bells toll" moment. That's why I play this game, awesome job Alwarren. Thanks!