Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 04:00 PM)doveman link Wrote:It was a nice mission for the most part and well led but I think everyone agreed that searching the buildings for those bags was a pain and made the mission stretch out a lot longer. I don't think anyone was waiting to join but for some people it was their first mission of the night and they'd had to wait a long time while we finished the previous one, so perhaps we should have picked a quicker mission so that we could have let them play 2 or 3 before most people had to sign off for the night but probably no-one knew it would turn out like it did anyway. I see a few people stayed on for a couple more missions though but even so, maybe it would have been nice if they could have played with a larger group.

The problem with Sander's missions is that their length can stretch out quite a bit. I strongly dislike the hunt-the-last-guy or find-where-the-object-is. If I had known this would stretch out that long, I would have picked a different one for sure.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 04:00 PM)doveman link Wrote:I don't think anyone was waiting to join but for some people it was their first mission of the night and they'd had to wait a long time while we finished the previous one, so perhaps we should have picked a quicker mission

You/we played Sander's missions, they last a feature-length movie at minimum.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-20-2014

Not all of them. But I'll gladly let you choose next time ;-)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - doveman - 02-20-2014

(02-19-2014, 11:14 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:The problem with Sander's missions is that their length can stretch out quite a bit. I strongly dislike the hunt-the-last-guy or find-where-the-object-is. If I had known this would stretch out that long, I would have picked a different one for sure.

Yeah, it's not always easy to guess how long a mission might last, particularly if it doesn't show a load of objectives in the briefing and we might have got lucky and found the items really quickly.

Nonetheless, I'll make a mental note that it's probably best to avoid Sander's missions if I'm looking for something quick Wink

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 02-24-2014

Humbug Thiefing

Not sure what to say yet besides that Black Hawk mowed me down. Looks like the reinforcement came early, don't know what caught us, but I'll assume AI detect vehicle better.

GR Airfield

Nice giant explosion. Looks like that tank near us goes off with a boom too. Poor freeman was too near the explosion. Good mission. Got to thank Lightspeed for the mission and Alwarren for switching out the revive stuff with BIS First Aid. Good approach with taking out the Shilka and such. I got to say the airfield lights are really blinding but I'll have to get that NVG adjust addon. A lot of close fights as the enemy AI sneak up on us too.

Lost You

Finally beat Viktor's mission. I remember it was really hard back then. I took out the Bravo base with Maverick then provide sniper cover for Alpha. Seems like things went well for Alpha this time after they stole a Humvee that charge in first so more firepower. Osprey went down in flames too and the launch code was successfully stolen. I died from a surprise attack from the back at the Bravo position in which Maverick and Misha took out the 4 ambushers. A nasty little surprise by Viktor Tongue . Just one problem, the objective for providing overwatch for Bravo and taking the launch code for Alpha does not tick, but other than that the mission does end.

Lightbulb Killers

If you turn the no NVG parameters on, its really dark, so we got annhilated. Its easier with NVGs though in which we beat before some time ago.

Steal the Chopper Daytime

Mission accomplished. Gwynbleidd found the keys after taking out some NACs in the fog and such. I bled out to death. Entry through the south of the base and fought our way through from there into the buildings ot find the keys.

Comments on AI: On Lost You by Viktor Reznov, I see that it went way smoother than the last (I don't know how many attempts) that happen, but I guess I was headshotted by the AI ambusher so I wonder about how AIs are. I guess they're good but also depends on missions where some case might be too hard and others just right. I guess Alpha stealing the humvee who charge first for extra firepower went smooth too.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Gwynbleidd - 02-24-2014

Humbug Thiefing

I thought I heard a lee enfield shot last night before we got detected, I checked the footage and now I'm sure someone took a shot from our team, probably AI, since they like to do that in the most inconvenient time possible. That is why we were detected, and most likely why we failed also.

I don't think it was our AI that was shot. I just opened the mission again and I forgot to delete the OPFOR until I placed in the American base so he got shot and to trigger the alarm. That guy was there as a testing purpose for me to make sure the chopper reinforcements work. I removed him now, hopefully that shouldn't happen again.

Shouldn't that guy be dead long time before we get to the base? I mean, choppers were in the air before we got to the base, so I guess they did shot him before, and reinforcements arrived (everything working as intended). Guys on the ground were clearly not alerted when we got to the wall, we were just setting up on them, and APC next to them, when lee enfield went off and alerted them.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-24-2014

I just want to say that if an AI fires while on 'hold fire' it means that it/the team had already been detected.

That explains it then.

As he dies and get shot since he was detected. The OPFOR detected by BLUFOR trigger would go off as well, but anyways, I removed that guy (in mission release thread).

The black hawks came before we were detected (they came for the dead man who shouldn't be there, but thats a problem on my end which should be resolved).

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 02-25-2014

Lightbulb Killers would be far more playable if it either had:

A) A full moon

B) Usable flares of some sort

Otherwise it was frankly far too bright.  Enemies were literally 5m away from us and we couldn't see them much of the time.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 02-26-2014

Oi! An Ambush

That mission is a bitch, and the Bradleys at the end were really a bit too much. Still, we fared better at the second attempt. I think that it would probably be better to keep only AT on the hill and move the rest of Alpha to the buildings.

Humbug Thiefing

I think this one could do with one Stryker less.. It will be tough enough to survive when the choppers come in, but then, we didn't even get that far before the Strykers had mowed everyone down.

Misty Marina

Great mission. Getting into the town is the worst part, and that Iffirt on the bridge really hung us like Spaghetti from the trees. Still, I really liked it, intense firefights and the atmosphere is great. Too bad we all got brutally murdered.

Mazi Beachhead

Awesome mission. Really memorable, with all the shit exploding around you and choppers flying overhead.  Good execution too. Not much else to say.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - kenwort - 02-26-2014

Oi! An Ambush

I think we should do as Alwarren said, leave AT at the top of hill and set MG and small arms inside the town. On the second try I set my position as MG inside the town in a building where I had a good view on the convoy and cover. Think we should also let them get closer. The stryker at the end of column is the priority for AT.

Humbug Thiefing

Not a bad mission we just need to set up an ambush or diversion for this one. As soon as we started firing the enemy came out chasing us. Think we should split in two teams here, one team is assault and the other team is fire support that stay behind at the rocks. The assault team sneaks as close as possible just like we did at the tree line. The support team starts to engage, the strykers will probably come out looking for them at that point they arrive in an ambush where the AT takes out the strykers. As soon as the strykers are out and most of the enemies are already outside of the compound the assault team starts to engage and assault from behind.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 02-26-2014

(02-26-2014, 01:29 PM)Kenwort link Wrote:Oi! An Ambush

I think we should do as Alwarren said, leave AT at the top of hill and set MG and small arms inside the town. On the second try I set my position as MG inside the town in a building where I had a good view on the convoy and cover. Think we should also let them get closer. The stryker at the end of column is the priority for AT.
Yeah I am convinced now that this approach has better chances of success. We might be able to coordinate AT salvos to make sure these infidels never manage to leave their vehicles. Especially these Strykers.

Mazi Beachead
An epic mission. A classical all out war mission. This is the type of mission where Arma really shines. Ran pretty smoothly for me although all the units and the constant activity. Good job to everyone who fought. We did a good job there.