Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Misha - 01-07-2014

I understood what you have said first time. See, I thought other satchels were put apart from each other and could still get the job done with both vehicles. Engaging too early means we would be supressed by enemy fire. But I don't wannna start scholastic debate here.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 01-07-2014

(01-07-2014, 12:51 PM)Misha link Wrote:I thought other satchels were put apart from each other and could still get the job done with both vehicles.

It would be doubtful that they would be in the exact right position to get both. I had put them pretty close together since I wanted to make sure that the vehicle is destroyed not merely damaged.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 01-08-2014

Fun missions today!  Sorry I had to cut out early...I actually got a call about a job offer, which is great for me but not so great for my ArmA 2/3 playing time in the middle of the week.  Sad  Sundays should still be fine, though!

I encountered an unusual number of glitches today while playing...not being able to heal as medic, not being able to move while bleeding, etc.  I typically don't have many problems but I guess the glitch gremlin was wreaking havoc today.

I'd like to give that dynamic mission (Whole Lotta War?) another try, though it was a little silly that one civilian kill turned everyone against us.  In a mission that long/complex that seems overly harsh.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 01-08-2014

I really enjoyed the games last night. Finally completed Boca De Leon! Woohoo! That was a tough one. Looking back, it seems we could have made it with less casualties if we had taken it a bit slower, but I bet if I were to lead I would have rushed it even more...

That Sander mission was long but intense. The mess at the castle was almost funny, every time we were ready to engage someone else got hit and we had to rescue him... Good job everyone for keeping up and completing a 2h+ mission!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 01-08-2014

About Boca De Leon, I believe that the party that attacked us at the very beginning was the biggest issue we had. Everything else that went down after that was also caused by the losses we incurred there.

The reason for my pushing at the beginning of this mission was that I wanted us to get into cover because I feared more enemies would come up from the south. As it turns out, that was a tactical mistake Smile

Need to finish the next mission in this series... it will be VERY different from this one I can promise that.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 01-10-2014

Good games tonight ppl!

Quite a productive night as far as completing missions went. (sure we completed quite a few)

Hardest one of the night was the Ambush mission where we had to place mines/satchels and a lengthy discussion about claymores- **sarcasm**  ;D ;D

Don't think i can really give a 'we could've done this or that' as i think we did complete most?

Good to see my system_restore finished  Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 01-10-2014

Secure the Factory
They set us up The Bomb

Both missions had the same problem IMO, namely that the spawn points were directly at the wall. I wrote something on the author's thread. All in all pretty action packed and fun, although I got shot.

System Restore
Quite heavy losses. In general having one team uphill covering the other team seems to be quite a good solution for missions like this.

AAC
Too easy, we had way too much mortar ammo. Still, I did enjoy it, even thought we spent most of the time waiting Big Grin

Saboteur
Picking enemy weapons is probably the only way. Those peashooters they give us are more effective if you throw them at them. Also we should have probably tried to dispatch the guys outside and then lobbed a ton of grenades over the H-Barriers.

Operation Steel Baby

Mission didn't end although we made all targets (no tasks hints... blerg). I enjoy tank missions, but one flaw of Arma 3 (and Arma 2 and Arma 1 for the matter) became obvious again here: The lack of interiors for tanks. It just lacks personal connection if you are never aware of the people in the tank. Having an interior would make a world of difference for this and would improve immersion by 100%

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 01-10-2014

Secure the Factory

Other than me accidentally blowing up two team members, including the leader ( :-[ ) It seemed to go okay.  I agree that putting us right near that wall is too close to get any sort of tactical overwatch.  We were immediately being flanked on both sides like 2 minutes into the mission.  Not only that but the medic action bugged out and so I was stuck walking the whole time (same thing happened to me playing as medic in Saboteur).

System Restore

I noticed a lot of random grenade explosions around us in this mission, yet after death I could not see any enemies that were really in range to throw grenades.  Possibly Mini-Grenades, but their accuracy would have to be ridiculous.  So I'm not sure if it's a bug or just oddness with the AI.

AAC

Fun, but as Alwarren pointed out, the mortar had something like 30 rounds, including more that were smoke and flares, so it was quite easy.  Also, I tried reconnecting because the mortar instantly disappeared for me after assembly, and when Alwarren got into it, he also disappeared (but still existed as MK4 HUD showed).  Reconnecting didn't fix it, though it did spawn me with another mortar barrel and radio, for some reason (as in, my guy did not turn into AI, he disappeared entirely).  Chalk it up to ArmA bugs I guess.

Saboteur

Good one, but that position ended up being bad near the walls (same issue as the first two missions, we got flanked from all around).  Having those SMGs makes it hard to get an overwatch position and fire effectively.  It might make sense for at least one guy to have a longer-range weapon to provide "sniper" support, or at least have a thermal designator out on a hill somewhere to guide us as to where the enemies are.

Operation Steel Baby

Went on longer than it should have, probably, because I was trying to figure out who we missed in the city, when in reality we completed the task and it just never ended.  I never got any sort of indication that the tasks had been completed, either...had to check the map and see that they were marked off.  Also, the Commander slot in that tank is the WORST.  Unless you are facing directly forward in like a 50-degree arc, you can't actually see past all of the gadgets and doodads that are on top of the tank, so trying to scan for targets all around was impossible.  If you turn out you can see more, but of course you are exposed and you lose zoom/thermal capability.  Tanks have always been tough in ArmA due to the view perspectives (though I assume that is realistic?), and it's hard to have situational awareness, especially as the driver.

Side notes:

With Task Force Arrowhead Radio, it worked well other than in the Mortar mission, where when using the long-range radio it kept "sticking" open, where I would have to tap CAPS-LOCK repeatedly to get it to close the channel again.  I assume that is just an intermittent issue with Task Force Arrowhead.  Other than that, it was much easier to handle than ACRE but had more or less the same level of realism.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 06:55 AM)MavericK link Wrote:Side notes:

With Task Force Arrowhead Radio, it worked well other than in the Mortar mission, where when using the long-range radio it kept "sticking" open, where I would have to tap CAPS-LOCK repeatedly to get it to close the channel again.  I assume that is just an intermittent issue with Task Force Arrowhead.  Other than that, it was much easier to handle than ACRE but had more or less the same level of realism.

I sometimes had a sticky radio, too. Overall, though, I really like the radio, it adds a lot to the immersion and works quite well now.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 01-10-2014

I think sticky radio is like double-tapping. Say you double tap CAPS before in Arma 3 for VON, its not sticky VON. I think Taskforce Arrowhead Radio has the same functionality.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 06:14 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I think sticky radio is like double-tapping. Say you double tap CAPS before in Arma 3 for VON, its not sticky VON. I think Taskforce Arrowhead Radio has the same functionality.

This was my thinking too.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 06:14 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I think sticky radio is like double-tapping.

No, it's not double tapping. I run with shift and press CAPS and it sticks...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 01-10-2014

There goes that theory. Then, I don't know.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 01-10-2014

Good theory, but I think it is just a glitch.  It didn't seem to be related to double-tapping.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 01-13-2014

Dourdan Rescue

No casualties until the humvees part. Probably next time we should blow it to bits seeing that infantries switch to gunner and mowed down half the team. It went really good and the 2 heavy tanks were disabled by Variable's metis too. I say we could've had it if the warlord didn't bug out and ran out the town to take our nade.

Rolling Over Xmas

Came out longer than I expected. Before telling me too much ATs and such, the reason why I had a lot was because there's a repair station there and around and the tank has extra armor. I think I'd prefer going straight to the base rather than up around hills with bad angles. The last hill with 6 field guns I described as one of the toughest area to take so I'd would have left that for last. Sorry I left to eat at that point.