Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Gwynbleidd - 12-25-2013

Very nice map, I especially like that bridge, too bad we have to blow it up. Whole team played very good IMO, everything went smooth and according to plan, until the very end. Well, except for water murdering Horus, but that's just arma being arma. Looking forward to the next attempt.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-27-2013

Operation Aspis Part 2:

Damn, 3 hour mission to get wiped out. I think it would've been better if Bravo go sweep the entire city for mines instead of just one road after it is cleaned up. Though, there shall probably be more mines to the next city.

FHQ Plant Your Fields

Good mission, I came in late under Misha's command. Looking at the explosions with Blastcore was beautiful though.

Assault on Sofia

That came out pretty well, but of course, wipe out all enemies = hunt for the last guy.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 12-27-2013

(12-27-2013, 04:38 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Operation Aspis Part 2:

Damn, 3 hour mission to get wiped out. I think it would've been better if Bravo go sweep the entire city for mines instead of just one road after it is cleaned up. Though, there shall probably be more mines to the next city.

Not sure if my calling the radio trigger for Rodopoli caused that tank to move in and trip a mine, but could have been it. I'd have to call it sooner or later to get the task done anyway.

The UAVs you can't connect to, allegedly invisible mines/odd explosion, that guy who took out Student and Maverick in a second, Variable's weird death and the oddly undefended Charkia - if it's not broken, it's sure as hell weird.

Also mission intending Alpha having to scout and clear both towns while Bravo rides in an APC? Prime example why you give everyone the same tasks.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - ck-claw - 12-27-2013

Operation Aspis Part 2:

I love this sort of mission -slow build up,nothing to hectic to start off with!
Bravo (led by Phantom) moved slowly towards objective with our 2 Hunters giving overwatch from above.
Met very little resistance prob due to Alpha's recon work.
After the 1st part of the main road was swept for for mines-Bravo headed back to load up into the Marshall.
AI controlled convoy including Bravo (Marshall) moved for what seemed like ages!
Convoy stopped in town so we bailed out trying to investigate what happened?
One APC was stuck/damaged-while trying to get an engineer to fix it?
When suddenly there was a huge explosion and i was killed-being the medic i was prob the one in the best cover lol

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-27-2013

I have to say last night was a great Arma 3 experience for me. Aspis part 2 was good although the bugs, I'll see to report them to the author. Some of the armor advanced without being told to way too close to the second town, that killed the chances of success. However we did good there. It was long but satisfying.

Plant your Fields was awesome! As the AT team, we moved to the north of the town to spot the AA units. It took us some time and it was tense since we heard the other units being engaged at the distance (if anyone is still not using JSRS and Blastcore get it NOW! Really, you are missing out...). Finally, we managed to spot the western unit. First missile homed in on a pole and exlponded on it, second missile flew all the way and smashed the AA tank. That was beutiful. Gwyn picked us up with the APC and we circled around to the south and met Charlie. They have directed us to the second AA while being engaged by Iranian infantry. Valhalian got set for a shot and I saw his vest taking bullets while trying to lock the missile. He ducked and Hellhammer managed to aquire a lock and fired his missle while the infantry were still trying to hit Val and myself. that's it, the AA threat was removed!

We enjoyed seeing the little birds strafing the town and managed to disengage the infantry that kept on suppressing us, as we advanced on the power plant. Splitting to three teams, we boxed them in. Final infantry assault took the plant, Bravo was reduced to two men in the process. Great mission and great leading Alwarren!

Misha did a great job as well leading that final mission. it's nice to use the AGV, was the first time for me.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Hellhammer^ - 12-27-2013

Though I missed the first part, I enjoyed the second twice as much!
Under wings of Variable and Alwarren's main command, which was both awesome, I was pushed into many situations, which sadly ended up with death. Still I do not regret any step i made in this mission, because it was really great! I could hardly remember when I played better one.

At first we moved on the top of the hill N from the town where we should have better view on those AA guns, soon the first was destroyed. Unfortunately the second one wasn't visible from this position. Then we got into Gwynn's APC and moved SE from the town. Once arrived we were under heavy fire and couldn't spot this damn AA gun. After few moments Variable spotted this bastard. I had problem to spot it even with exact bearing that he gave me, it was really good masked. Soon even the second AA gun was destroyed! So far we took no causalities so we could support other teams in full strength while attacking factory SW from our regroup position. The factory was well defended. With lack of possible hideouts or covers. We took out countless enemies and then we were told to leave our position and move W. I took a deep breath and followed my leader. After 15meters on the open field we heard fired grenades from town on our left side. First few grenades killed my leader and injured me heavily... That's the last thing i remember...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-27-2013

Now that was a good reading... Great report Hellhammer! Great job taking out these AA. Bravo did an excellent job in this mission...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - CheezMak3r - 12-27-2013

This was my first ever arma multiplayer co-op night and i did enjoy  it at full. Thank you guys for letting me in Smile
Couple times i did have problems finding where my squad is but nothing major. Did enjoy both missions and hope to participate in upcoming  arma nights. As recomended got ArmA2 bundle on steam so i can join other nights aswell.

I am sorry for friendly fire at power plant mission first attempt, i watched captured videos and saw that my gun was pointing at friendy units and i did make couple shots. But there was a mess as most of guys were shooting in that direction.

And sorry for my english, not my native language, havent used it in couple years so its a bit rusty.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 12-27-2013

It was great playing with you, CheezMak3r!  About the squad locations...definitely pick up MK4 HUD from the Alpha channel on Teamspeak if you haven't already...it's a must-have for CiA missions, and it helps you locate your squad and tell who is who.  I also use ShackTac HUD, but some people think it kills immersion, so it's really a personal preference thing.

Friendly fire is typically something that lessens over time as you grow to learn what the different units look like, and also it is best to verify targets before firing...just don't fire unless you can confirm it is an enemy.  You should also verify with your squad leader if it is alright to fire, as well (unless you are already engaged, of course).

---

As for my own run-down of the ArmA 3 co-op, I did enjoy Operation Aspis Pt. 2 quite a bit.  I think the guy that shot Student and I was just behind the building with all of the enemies in it, and then quickly ran back into the building.  It was a bit of a lucky (or unlucky in our case) Line of Sight, because after I died I took a look at how he could have seen us, and it was literally through a very narrow crack between a tree, bush, and truck wreckage.  So it may or may not have been "ArmA being ArmA" with cheating AI, but in any case I don't think we would have seen him before it was too late.  The real shame is that he insta-killed both of us with a single shot, which is a pretty amazing shot from that range/sight line.  Tongue

Plant your Fields was great, too.  Some really nice firefights over hilly areas and some great overall leadership from Alwarren.

Wasn't there for the last mission, as the first one went a bit long.  But no regrets!

JSRS and Blastcore are definitely a must-have at this point.  Only notes would be that the secondary explosions are a bit overdone, but I think that may be vanilla ArmA 3's doing, with JSRS and Blastcore just making it seem much more dramatic.  Also, directional audio with JSRS is still an issue from close-range, but luckily many of these missions were conducted over a longer range, so it wasn't a problem, and we got to hear the amazing distance sounds from JSRS...truly awesome.

Also, this was my first session as an actual CiA member!  Great to be part of the group.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 12-27-2013

(12-27-2013, 11:07 AM)Variable link Wrote:Great mission and great leading Alwarren!

Thanks Smile

I have come to appreciate leading missions like that with small teams. It takes the micro-managing away from the squad leader and allows more tacticool decision making.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-28-2013

(12-27-2013, 06:54 PM)CheezMak3r link Wrote:This was my first ever arma multiplayer co-op night and i did enjoy  it at full. Thank you guys for letting me in Smile
Couple times i did have problems finding where my squad is but nothing major. Did enjoy both missions and hope to participate in upcoming  arma nights. As recomended got ArmA2 bundle on steam so i can join other nights aswell.

I am sorry for friendly fire at power plant mission first attempt, i watched captured videos and saw that my gun was pointing at friendy units and i did make couple shots. But there was a mess as most of guys were shooting in that direction.

And sorry for my english, not my native language, havent used it in couple years so its a bit rusty.
Welcome Cheezmaker! We are glad to have you aboard. Most of us are not English native speakers, your English is good enough Smile

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 12-30-2013

Severnnoj Fireworks

Well, the mission was a success, so not much to say. Losses were high though. Two things I didn't understand at all: Freeman was sent in alone into an enemy base. Why the hell ? Four people left, and one is sent alone to his death ?

The second thing: Why blow the fence with a satchel charge ? That didn't make much sense since you could simply walk around it.

Under the Hill

Wolle should really be hung by the nuts for the beginning of this mission, it's just not enough time to get to a save distance. Unfortunately, I was shot pretty early, but that gave me some leisure to watch people.

Debriefing means that it's not only about the leadership, but other things, too. So here's some other thing:
Some people (don't know who it was since I didn't see names anymore) spent too much time on their belly without any overview of the situation. In such a pure defense mission, it is vital to keep overwatch. A few of the enemies came directly up to the sandbags, but with the defenders on their belly behind it, no one saw them.

Brad October

Good leading, the defense was good and the AT team on the hill was well placed. The forest was a risk, and it backfired, but hey, we all like to go through forests. In typical Sander style, the mission featured a town full of glitching AI in buildings that shoot through walls. Probably CBA's fault and not Sander's... meh...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-30-2013

Severnnoj Fireworks

(12-30-2013, 01:21 AM)Varanon link Wrote:Severnnoj Fireworks

Well, the mission was a success, so not much to say. Losses were high though. Two things I didn't understand at all: Freeman was sent in alone into an enemy base. Why the hell ? Four people left, and one is sent alone to his death ?

Because I'm not comfortable micromanaging everyone... Technically it was 3 until stick comes back since he was AFK throughout the whole firefight... I'm more passive than you.

I just thought I'd blow the hole through the fence since at the time I had a feeling that I'd be shot going around even though there was no one around, but I just thought we'd be shot and we had spare satchels.

It is different being in the heat than being a spectator. I'm not as good as giving orders to people around in a large group as you, Alwarren, or Variable.

Under the Hill
I'm not sure about how to lead a defense mission besides having people get to cover and defend off a position...

Re: The Debriefing Thread - maullin - 12-30-2013

On leadership......
I think we should encourage people to lead rather than just criticize their decisions, This is why I am reluctant to lead. It is much more intense and unforgiving when we step into leadership positions, particularly when some of us don't have as much experience with the game as others. Making mistakes is an essential part of improving, and I sometimes get intimidated by Arma as a grunt rifleman let alone a leader. In fact, I have given up on the game on a couple of occasions because it is so difficult. But I always come back. I enjoyed last night's session more than other nights. I also should point out that leadership is also about the manner of the leader, and I find Phantom easy to follow and appreciate his clear directions and positive style. By the way, we DID win the missions Phantom was leading.
cheers,
Lefty

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 12-30-2013

(12-30-2013, 08:20 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Because I'm not comfortable micromanaging everyone... Technically it was 3 until stick comes back since he was AFK throughout the whole firefight... I'm more passive than you.

No need to be defensive, it wasn't meant as criticism. I understand no one wants to micromanage everyone, I won't do that either.

(12-30-2013, 08:20 AM)Phantom link Wrote:It is different being in the heat than being a spectator. I'm not as good as giving orders to people around in a large group as you, Alwarren, or Variable.

Of course it is different. That's why we have a debriefing thread, to discuss things after the heat.

(12-30-2013, 08:20 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Under the Hill
I'm not sure about how to lead a defense mission besides having people get to cover and defend off a position...

Your leadership was fine, there's not much you can do as a leader in a pure defense but rely on the people involved.