Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
The Debriefing Thread - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Debriefing Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - TonyMarony - 12-18-2013

lol, yeah!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Outlawz7 - 12-21-2013

Apologies for Thursday, my connection died.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Alwarren - 12-21-2013

BAF Multiple Factors:

I think that one went south because of two things. I was the leader of the team that was supposed to take out the D-30's. Simon was the sniper. Two mistakes were made:
1) I ordered "Weapons Free" before the sniper shot. That caused the gun to turn towards us. This is the main reason why it failed.
2) The sniper was overconfident he could snipe the gunner.

In the future, if someone says he is confident to take the shot, please bear in mind that the position of the gunner might change. Even if I hadn't made the mistake of ordering "Weapons free" too early, the first shot might have missed and the gunner might have turned anyway, so please take this into account when you say you are sure you can hit the guy, especially since the first-shot success was doubtful without a proper range measurement.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-23-2013

BAF Right Tracks

Please, please, please identify your targets before shooting. Don't shoot the soldiers in British uniforms. Targets are guys with towels on their heads. ID your target before shooting. Red team was already being attacked from one flank so we fell back a bit but being friendly fire at at the same time makes it harder to ID exactly where the targets may be coming from. Yeah, I've done it on accident before too in the heat of combat. Any solutions to avoiding the friendly fires?
(Do not to shoot until you can tell it is friendly or enemy)
(Hold fire unless leader gives order return fire or open fire)
(Know which side you're playing as and know what side the enemies are and what patterns of uniforms they wear)

Whorehouse Invasion

I need to tone down enemies.

Sorry for leading you guys to your deaths (forgot which mission that was called).

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-23-2013

Good games last night! Completed two challenging missions thanks to Tony's calm and effective leadership.
Don't worry about it Phantom, let's try to be constructive about that. The Bradley and me in it failed to spot the tank until it was too late - that was the main reason why the mission failed. The approach was good, I don't think we need to do anything different, maybe just keep the infantry closer together and to the Bradley.

Friendly fire incidents - They happen too much. People need to PID (positive ID) their targets! IF YOU ARE NOT SURE THAT THE TARGET IS AN ENEMY THEN DO NOT FIRE!!! It's in the frigging CiA rules for god sake.
Not less important is to listen to the plan, listen to the communication and know where other friendly units might be! Wake up, open your ears! We can't do anything if people can't listen to the comms, it just doesn't work without people being aware of what's going on around them. If you are not sure, ask.

We don't want to take extreme measures so please, guys, follow these two simple rules - don't fire if you are not sure it's an enemy, and listen to the plan, it's that simple.

What are we going to do with "Sixtyfours field" (The one with the alarm going off and the need to be hurry before they wipe the choppers locations from the hard drive)? Any suggestions?

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-23-2013

I assume its a detect trigger. I don't recall where the intel was again. Seeing that is Arma, you can't do stealth kills with silence weapons very well. If its just one guy, you still have a chance of being detected by the detect trigger... Seeing that it is daytime, it is worse. I don't rememeber exactly how far the hard drive may be. How much patrols are around the hard drive? I'm wondering if its possible to actually sneak pass and get to the hard drive then blow the comms. If not, then I don't know. You can't just brute force that one in that case to clean up the hard drive in time. I guess in Arma, alarm systems are pretty much (you mustn't kill people, silence or not and with silence a possible 50% chance of being spot?).

Re: The Debriefing Thread - TonyMarony - 12-23-2013

Hola,

yeah, it was great fun yesterday for me, although i was one of the two victims of FF. It has been a while, since i have been shot of FF since quite a while, so i have no hard feelings about it. But one thing i have to say to my killer: I took almost 50 shots to get me, so you are a bloody bad marksmen ;-)...
But seriously: Try to learn from your mistakes and important too: Dont forget to say a short appolgy when realizing your mistake. I think yesterdays FF was "just" some rookie mistake, the guys have to learn a bit, lets see if the "pros" can give them a bit of routine there.
Leading the mission where we attacked Durras and fought off the enemy tanks was two sided for me: It was very cool to see, that the team reacted very fast to my orders and i gave them pretty fast to you... I changed the plan for Horus and Stick and set up a few attack points in the open field, which was demanding to you. The medic was quite good too (forgot who this was), as he had to react very quickly on the injured guys in the open field. I wondered, that we could make this part in this pace without many losses!
On the other side, in retrospective, it would have been better not to attack Durras first, i should have adopted to this situation faster, but hell, you made it anyways (my leadership came to an end after a short intermezzo with one of the bmps´s...)

The other mission i was "put" to leadership after some fight quite in the beginning of the mission. The tactics were already laid by Msiha, which turned out to be very smart. I just had to order you a bit around, which were carried out very smoothly by the team. Medic and back-watcher Horus was a big help, as the rest of the team was aware of my wishes ;-). What i wanted to do is to keep constantly moving (to not get pinned down as in the beginning), drag the enemies out of their positions and keep the team covered from different angles. This was quite demanding to my little brain and i guess it might have been the same for you poor grunts trying to follow my commands ;-)... But in the end it payed off nicely and i think we finished the mission without any more losses(?). Good team play, lets keep it up like this!

Whorehouse Invasion was quite cool from my perspective (sniper team). Maverick could take down some guys in the back of the house before he was spotted and then killed quite quick Undecided. As i was not silenced, i did not fire a single shot in the beginning and only provided overwatch, which i think was more effective than killing the guys by myself from our overwatch position.
I think we were still close from finishing this mission, but still the AI is quite buggy with structures. Maybe if the insertion point is a bit more away for a stealth approach and if we use a lot of riflenades for the buildings it can be done as it is right now.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - TonyMarony - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 12:06 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I guess in Arma, alarm systems are pretty much (you mustn't kill people, silence or not and with silence a possible 50% chance of being spot?).

Genrally i think its like in OPF: You have to kill the enemy with a headshot to stay undetected. Grouped members will be aware of the dead comrade in about 3 seconds or so.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - MavericK96 - 12-24-2013

The issue with Whorehouse Invasion is that there were snipers with NVGs strewn around randomly on the ground, in the street, etc.  I took out the enemies on the roof first, thinking they would be the snipers (as one would imagine), and then promptly got one-shotted by a ground "sniper".  Not very intuitive, but I guess you have to consider all possibilities.  I honestly didn't expect to be shot in the dark up on a hill while using a silenced weapon.

I did manage to take out almost a dozen enemies before I died, though, so I think that strategy still worked well.

EDIT: as for SixtyFours, I remember we played that one before and we got a lot further...we actually found the choppers but we got killed trying to destroy them.  I think what we did before was just wipe out all enemies at the base with the intel, from that same hill we were on, before they could react.  It seemed like it worked, though we may have missed the intel that time also because I recall we had to split up and drive around for a bit trying to find the helicopters.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-25-2013

FHQ Tightened Front

That was a nice escape through the ambulance. After taking out the ammo and realizing americans were surrounding the place was quite tense.

Tightened Front

Nice holdoff against the armor and then I guess a typical sander mission scenario where you travel a few distance to get completely wiped on the objective.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 12-25-2013

Fal Prey

I guess the first part was quite ok. Good idea on Variable's part to flank the enemy convoy with AT weapons.

Unfortunately, the following part got us all wiped out. My mistake was to move the group over an open field with a known enemy on the right flank. That spells disaster and was ultimately the reason for or failure.

I made this mistake before, which makes me wear the dunce cap on this one.

(And sorry for my sudden disappearance during the next mission)

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Phantom - 12-25-2013

its ok. With leading there are bound to be mistakes.

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Variable - 12-25-2013

Great games last night!
Fal prey was nice, this new terrain is really great. In defense missions, when we know we are attacked by motorized or mechanized infantry it's always good to asses if it's possible to have an AT advance unit that will take position ahead of the defended area and try to take out the vehicles before they manage to deploy the foot-mobiles. It's the second time we try it and and both times it worked (the first time was on that Takistani mission we had to defend and then attack in expectation for reinforcements (rings a bell? hehehe).

About the next objective- I'm afraid that the only viable tactic in such situations is to find a good place to defend, get set on it, and then lure them out to us to fight on our own terms. As much as I like"seeing the white in the eyes of the enemy (up close is my preferred tactic because it's more fun) it always gets us killed because we are easily flanked and the AI has superior spotting capabilities. Maybe moving up close should be limited to night missions where we are equipped with NVGs and the enemy is not.

That rangers mission- it turned out to be very fun although we screwed it up at the end because we didn't read the briefing carefully...
The movement towards the explosive stash and to the objective was exciting. We evaded some patrols and forced to engage some. The fun part was when we encountered what I think was the reinforcements planned to reach the bridge once we attack it. They were just standing next to a BMP and we hit them. Gwinbliedd and I moved in to flank some survivors and spotted a truck full of infantry just standing there. At first I just saw the driver and foolishly killed him. Then I noticed it was packed with soldiers since they started to jump out the truck and fired at us. Gwyn naded them with 40mm and I threw some hand grenades. While we were doing that, a BTR attacked the other guys and was lighted up by Freeman's LAWs. That was some nice engagement that was probably wasn't planned by the mission maker. We just happened to bump into these guys because we took a rather wide detour.
We reached our target bridge and wasted most of our satchels on the wrong pillar... Well, maybe next time, I'll love to lead this mission again, and I just LOVE this CWR2 M14!

Good games all! Share your experiences!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - Varanon - 12-25-2013

(12-25-2013, 09:09 AM)Variable link Wrote:Great games last night!

Seconded. The ranger mission was great (pity I couldn't stay till the end). Great firefight near that barn.

And yeah, the new terrain is really good... screams for missions!

Re: The Debriefing Thread - freeman - 12-25-2013

I liked a lot the rangers mission (blowing the bridge up) . For me it had a feeling of WW2 movie. The map helped also with nice variation of environment.