Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
AI skill on the server - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: AI skill on the server (/showthread.php?tid=2381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: AI skill on the server - Variable - 03-24-2016

I upped the AI precision a bit (I think I missed to post the previous update). This is the current settings:

Code:
skillAI=0.6;
precisionAI=0.35;
aiLevelPreset=3;

RE: AI skill on the server - Variable - 11-06-2016

After tweaking the AI precision due to the switch to ACE, we have now settled on the following AI settings:

Code:
       class CustomAILevel
       {
               skillAI=0.5;
               precisionAI=0.14;
       };

Feel free to share your thoughts about the AI in this thread.

RE: AI skill on the server - Variable - 11-15-2016

AI was a bit soft on our first coop night on the new server. Skill and precision are updated as follows:

Code:
      class CustomAILevel
        {
                skillAI=0.7;
                precisionAI=0.2;
        };

RE: AI skill on the server - Nanomien - 11-15-2016

If missions have scripts using setSkill, will the server override the scripts, or will the scripts override the server?

RE: AI skill on the server - Varanon - 11-15-2016

(11-15-2016, 01:37 PM)Nanomien Wrote: If missions have scripts using setSkill, will the server override the scripts, or will the scripts override the server?

It basically multiplies them. Effectively, you scale the maximum scale of the server by the value of setSkill. 

So, if you say setSkill 1, the unit will have 0.7, while with 0.5 it will have 0.35...

RE: AI skill on the server - Phantom - 12-19-2016

I really like the current AI skill. Running through to the castle while AI fires at you from far range, you don't get instantly headshot. You're more likely to end up dead if you stand still and become a sitting duck which makes sense. I did got shot in the leg while running, which was nice so they're still accurate enough not to be too weak, but they do still manage to shoot you at reasonable range.

AI skill on the server - Variable - 12-19-2016

Yeah I feel the AI is right at it's sweet spot. Aggressive but not reckless, accurate but not aimbot.

RE: AI skill on the server - Varanon - 07-31-2017

Reduced AI precision to 0.18

RE: AI skill on the server - student - 08-09-2017

As far as I know ASR Ai is used by the server or for several years everything changed and it is necessary to activate it and on the client?

P.S. Earlier I used this of fashion as the most tactical: smokes, calling the flank and so on.

RE: AI skill on the server - Varanon - 08-09-2017

You don't need ASR AI on the client

RE: AI skill on the server - Variable - 08-21-2017

ASR AI has been removed since it increased dramatically AI grenade accuracy. Instead, we have implemented Alwarren's precision script loop to keep AI accuracy to reasonable levels. Please let us know in this thread how do you find the AI following parameters:

1. Aggressiveness.
2. Precision.
3. Volume of fire.
4. Intelligence.

RE: AI skill on the server - Mjolnir - 08-21-2017

Not played on it yet, but I'd just like to point out that I think you'd get better (more exciting) gameplay from a lower than average precision but higher volumes of fire. Especially because of the way (I think) suppression works, with a lower precision to start with you end up with suppression to be more effective.

AI skill on the server - Variable - 08-21-2017

That's exactly what we are after and the reason why I asked about these parameters specifically Wink

RE: AI skill on the server - Varanon - 08-27-2017

PrecisionAI is back to 0.2 from an intermediate 0.18

RE: AI skill on the server - Mjolnir - 08-31-2017

The AI precision would be alright if the rate of fire and aggressiveness were higher, and maybe their reaction speed. Last time I played, I was pleasantly surprised when the AI was reacting at actual human speeds, without ASR its slowed down again. But if nothing else, the rate of fire needs to go up.