Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
AI skill on the server - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: AI skill on the server (/showthread.php?tid=2381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AI skill on the server - Variable - 05-28-2013

The server now runs ASR AI, and using Robalo's recommended config settings.
Will love to hear you guys' feedback regarding the AI during coops now. Please refer to their general human-like (or not) behavior, accuracy, speed of reaction, etc.

Re: AI performance on the server - Lightspeed - 05-28-2013

Sounds good, Robalo knows his stuff, was playing Ghost Recon with him and Alpha Squad and his missions back in Ghost Recon days.

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 08-15-2013

Here is the difficulty configuration we use, suited for ASR AI. It's based on Robalo's recommendation, and affects the AI skill and accuracy. The most important setting is the "Veteran" section as we play it regularly.

Code:
    class veteran
    {
        class Flags
        {
            Armor=0;
            FriendlyTag=0;
            EnemyTag=0;
            HUD=0;
            HUDPerm=0;
            HUDWp=0;
            HUDWpPerm=0;
            HUDGroupInfo=0;
            AutoSpot=0;
            Map=0;
            WeaponCursor=0;
            AutoGuideAT=0;
            ClockIndicator=1;
            3rdPersonView=0;
            Tracers=1;
            UltraAI=0;
            AutoAim=0;
            UnlimitedSaves=0;
            DeathMessages=0;
            NetStats=0;
            VonID=1;
        };
        skillFriendly=0.9;
        skillEnemy=0.9;
        precisionFriendly=0.75;
        precisionEnemy=0.75;

Note that I renamed the extension name to allow it to upload to the forum.

Regarding TPWCAS - we use the addon default settings.

Re: AI performance on the server - freeman - 08-15-2013

Thx for the AI settings variable, was thinking of asking you to share if you wouldn't have posted it;

I want to play more single player but i'm put off by how slow the commanding of my squad mates is. The interface is the problem of course. I used to play a lot of sguad games in the past, but the commanding part was not that slow and cumbersome as it is in Arma.

I wish there was an addon which allowed me to <select> orders from the screen with a toggle free mouse button  for example.

The idea can be explained easier with a screenshot .

I dont know how much can be done with the modding tools, as i don't know much about modding.  I think it could be done with a separate window with a couple of collums (the way the gps or map addons work), and the orders can be in the form of Toggle buttons.

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 09-06-2013

Freeman I suggest you post about it in the addons board.

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 09-06-2013

Due to several coop nights that the AI had our assess handed to us, and the crowd's requests, I lowered the AI accuracy from 0.75 to 0.5. This is how it is now:

Code:
skillFriendly=0.89999998;
skillEnemy=0.89999998;
precisionFriendly=0.5;
precisionEnemy=0.5;

Please reply here with your impressions with the new settings. Sometimes it feels to me that now it's a bit too easy. What do you guys think?

Re: AI performance on the server - Phantom - 09-06-2013

It seems fair to me with AIs with AKs and iron sights aren't as great of a shooter while the ones with optics will still get a couple shots on you. An untrained guerilla fighter shouldn't be able to accurately bring you down over and over anyways. There are still times in certain missions where we will be ripped to shreds at the current AI difficulty too anyways. Say in Four Camps by Vanha, we were still shot up pretty bad or take a NAC (because they got their body armor) they still shoot you pretty good with their G36s.

Though, if you want to try to compromise with too easy and 0.75 too accurate. I guess you can try experimenting with 0.66 . 0.5 seems pretty good to me unless to you, the guerillas with AKs missing a bit too much, though we still did lose some men in some missions nevertheless.

Maybe it may matter on what skill setting the person give an AI say 0-1 while most missions trying to balance it out might give small guerilla group enemies a low skill.

I think ASR AI may also come to play since last time I remember looking through its config, there's different skill level for certain units. Say a Chedaki, Takistan militias, locals, and such have the lowest skill rating and poorest fighting while a delta force, marine force recon, Russian Spetsnaz, etc have higher skill rating and would be tougher to fight.

I attached some text files I got from the config.hpp and asr_ai_settings. The ASR_AI_Settings has some level values that gives unit certain accuracy and custom units defined as well. The default units are in the config. In the config, it defines some units and normal army units will have a level 4 and chedakis and militias will have a level 5 (lower number = higher accuracy). Just search for asr_ai_sys_aiskill_level in the config. I guess non-custom units who are not defined will have extreme accuracy on default since their skill aren't tweaked by ASR (NACs).

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 01-22-2014

I did some changes in the AI skill levels. They are in effect for two coop nights (since Sunday).
What are your impressions about the difficulty of the missions now?

Re: AI performance on the server - Rund - 01-22-2014

I must say that yesterday's AI was pretty much perfect. They seem to miss a lot of shots, but still manage to kick our asses when we stay stationary for too long. Firefights seem to be much longer than I remember from some months ago.

AI performance on the server - Variable - 01-23-2014

(01-22-2014, 10:25 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: I must say that yesterday's AI was pretty much perfect. They seem to miss a lot of shots, but still manage to kick our asses when we stay stationary for too long. Firefights seem to be much longer than I remember from some months ago.
Awesome! I'm so glad you feel this way... I'll publish the new settings once I get home.
Any more impressions? I was concerned that maybe the AI is too easy in some of the missions.

Re: AI performance on the server - Varanon - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 12:20 PM)Variable link Wrote: Awesome! I'm so glad you feel this way... I'll publish the new settings once I get home.
Any more impressions? I was concerned that maybe the AI is too easy in some of the missions.

I share rund's sentiments... the AI seemed natural, they weren't iron-sighted snipers, but they also hit when it was natural for them to hit. I think it's perfect as it is now

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 12:49 PM)Varanon link Wrote: I share rund's sentiments... the AI seemed natural, they weren't iron-sighted snipers, but they also hit when it was natural for them to hit. I think it's perfect as it is now
Music to my ears! The search for the best AI skill level configuration is now over...

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 01-27-2014

Well, not quite over yet...
Last night some missions were simply too easy. The enemy was not aggresive enough in Operation Zavarak, and in Phantom's night mission it seemed like the Blackops are confused babies. Therefore, I increased the enemy skill setting from 0.5 to 06. Let's see how this goes now.

Re: AI performance on the server - Phantom - 01-28-2014

If 0.5 is too less, 0.75 is too much, let's try 0.625 because

(0.5 + 0.75) / 2 = 0.625 Big Grin

Re: AI performance on the server - Variable - 01-28-2014

What would really help is testing the new settings, and not during coop nights. So if anyone got some spare time please connect and pick a defence mission to test the AI. It's better than use actual coop nights as a testing ground.