Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
My Mission Site - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: My Mission Site (/showthread.php?tid=2320)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: My Mission Site - Anthropoid - 04-14-2013

Thanks for the answers Phantom!  Big Grin

Re: My Mission Site - WCG - 04-14-2013

(03-18-2013, 04:01 AM)Phantom link Wrote:I'll put posting my mission packs on there for downloads,...

Phantom, sorry to be dense, but are those Arma 2 missions or Arma 3?

I'm always looking for Arma 3 missions I can play as single-player (even co-op missions will often work for me, if they're not designed for too many players). So you might want to add a very brief description to that download page, just to let us know what kind of missions they are, for how many players, etc.

Bill

Re: My Mission Site - Phantom - 04-14-2013

They're for arma 2. I haven't made any for arma 3 yet, haven't had time though I got to say arma 3 can use some more quality missions because most of them look kind of bland or too much revive/respawn. I thought you can match the name side to side enough with the download :o

Re: My Mission Site - Phantom - 04-15-2013

Well seems like the people over at BIS forums aren't noticing it too much except a few guys. Well in that case, if you need me to cover anything else extra that I should add onto this page http://phantommissionsite.weebly.com/hints--templates.html

Let me know like parameters for like (optional addons: including addon weapons inside ammobox (on for yes off for no)) or addactions <unlocking vehicles etc> or random spawn locations or something like that if you plan on doing something like that if I know how Tongue . For the things I mention, yes.

Re: My Mission Site - WCG - 04-15-2013

(04-14-2013, 06:37 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I thought you can match the name side to side enough with the download :o

Ah, I see. With my browser, it looks like two different sections, one on the left and the other on the right, so I didn't realize they were connected. I probably should have, anyway!

Thanks.

Re: My Mission Site - Anthropoid - 04-16-2013

I feel like I'm off to a good start at mission making!

In the past, when I have tried to do modding or mission making that initial period where you just cannot even figure out how to do the most basic things has generally proven to be too much of an obstacle.

Well this time I think I've passed that obstacle. I have finished a prototype mission that I played last night (no briefing or objectives set, just set up enemies, friendlies and objects and played it as SP) and it worked like a charm. Obviously I'll need to puzzle through the briefings and objectives and win/lose things before I can finish it, but I know there are a ton of resources explaining how to do that so I'm not too worried and once I see I have all my toy soldiers and bombs all set up I'll go back and put in the game play stuff.

I started a thread at BIS editing forums for my questions, and my first question has to do with positioning objects inside of buildings.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153181-Editing-Questions

Re: My Mission Site - Phantom - 04-17-2013

http://phantommissionsite.weebly.com/unit-inside-building-radiotrigger.html this might help you for your first question. It's a much easier method in my opinion to just radio call ingame the position and paste it into the soldier's or ammobox's init on where you want them to be and face. You can also use Random House Patrol script for inside building random house patrolling for soldiers.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?76423-Random-House-Patrol-script-v1-0

Re: My Mission Site - Anthropoid - 04-17-2013

Oh wow, that is some awesome stuff Phantom!

Might just have to go back and delete all those units I've set to the pre-placed positions and instead use this nifty tool and maybe add in a bit of the random house patrol too Smile

I used your briefing.sqf template, but I have not installed the task tracker app. Do I need to use that for your template to run? I notice it is not exactly the same as the ones I see on older "how to make a briefing" pages. I deleted the reference to scripting in the init.sqf, but I guess I'll add that back in if I use those scripts house positions.

I've got the text for the briefing, tasks and notes all complete; I just need to get it to appear in game properly. Objective locations are set; need to synchronize those with the proper conditions, which will I'm guessing be a lot of !alive <thingies> references.

I've managed to get my MV-22 to take off shortly after the mission begins and head "back to base" and I think I might use the random spawn trick when players enter the extraction zone and just make the extraction simple instead of trying to make it more cool like having to use the Radio or mark it with smoke or something.

I look forward to you guys playing this and tell me what you think.

Re: My Mission Site - Phantom - 04-18-2013

(04-17-2013, 05:39 AM)Anthropoid link Wrote:I used your briefing.sqf template, but I have not installed the task tracker app. Do I need to use that for your template to run? I notice it is not exactly the same as the ones I see on older "how to make a briefing" pages. I deleted the reference to scripting in the init.sqf, but I guess I'll add that back in if I use those scripts house positions.
fhqtt.sqf ... that's the file you're looking for and it is included in the template and you'll need that for the briefing.sqf to work since I used the task tracker. Forget the older "how to make a briefing" pages, they're only compatible with singleplayer unless you want to copy and paste the exact same thing you already wrote but instead of defining it as PLAYER you name every individual playable unit and call it p1, p2, p3, etc and you repeat the exact same sentence, paragraphs, etc over and over for each single unit you define. That's more of a pain and that's how sander does it and how I use to do it before the task tracker (actually I haven't made a mission with it yet but it should be much quicker now thanks to Varanon). It's a great script and I cover how to use it in my website, not fully in depth of every single feature but the necessity of it.

Re: My Mission Site - Anthropoid - 04-18-2013

(04-18-2013, 02:37 AM)Phantom link Wrote:fhqtt.sqf ... that's the file you're looking for and it is included in the template and you'll need that for the briefing.sqf to work since I used the task tracker. Forget the older "how to make a briefing" pages, they're only compatible with singleplayer unless you want to copy and paste the exact same thing you already wrote but instead of defining it as PLAYER you name every individual playable unit and call it p1, p2, p3, etc and you repeat the exact same sentence, paragraphs, etc over and over for each single unit you define. That's more of a pain and that's how sander does it and how I use to do it before the task tracker (actually I haven't made a mission with it yet but it should be much quicker now thanks to Varanon). It's a great script and I cover how to use it in my website, not fully in depth of every single feature but the necessity of it.

Awrighty. I've fiddled with the basics enough that I'm making nearly fully functioning missions. Helicppter extractions are still causing me headaches, and I haven't actually made a mission "end" yet. But a basic briefing, tasks and dynamic task completion I've got the hang of. I guess that means I'm set to dive into the coop stuff.

Couple more minor questions Phantom.

1. I've setup an "Editing CO Vanilla" profile in spirited machine launcher with most of the settings you suggested and the following list of addons (Arma2 and Arma2OA executables):

ON blastcore_visuals

ON cba (I think this is required for blastcore)

ON cba_a2
ON cba_oa
OFF cba_co

ON mk4

ON tpwcas

ON trueuser (I've become addicted to this but because it only adjusts the players perspective, not any objects in the gameworld I don't imagine it will make it required to play the mission?)

OFF latest beta patch (I have beta and normally run it to play with cba_co instead of those other three, but I figure if I make the mission with beta on it will require beta to play it?)

What Addons will that configuration require to play the mission?

I'm guessing that to play it, users will need:
cba
cba_a2
cba_oa (or alternatively, cba_co if they are running the latest beta?)
tpwcas

But that the following will not actually be needed on the players machines for it to run without errors?
blastcore
mk4
trueuser
??

2. I of course have BAF, PMC and ACR (all Lite) so I'm assuming these will be included in the launch, but I'm not seeing them as options to turn on/off anywhere. I guess that is what makes it "Combined Operations?" A2 + OA + BAF + PMC + ACR??

I'm guessing that, as long as I do not use any of the content from those expansions, then users will not need them to play it?

3. I've hit a snag with installing and using CPBO, which I detail at this thread at the BIS Editing forums. Appreciate any guidance you can offer if it doesn't get a response first.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153181-Editing-Questions&p=2375957&viewfull=1#post2375957

That radio trigger method for unit placement is working great Phantom thanks!

I'm using this in one AK-74 guy:

Quote:this setPosATL [1824.83,11962.4,0.0605774];this setDir 206.559; this setUnitPos "Middle";

and yep, he is spawning exactly where I want and crouched.

Question:

1. Can I cause him to spawn in "Hold" status, i.e., the waypoint type "Hold?"

I see from the Waypoints wiki page that

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setWaypointType
Quote:Using Move With a game logic group will move the logic to the set location just like setpos
                  _wp = group logic1 addWaypoint [ getpos player, 1];
                    [group logic1, 1] setWPPos getpos player;
                  [group logic1, 1] setWaypointType "move";ArmAtec

so I'm guessing that I might be able to achieve what I'm seeking: have hostiles spawn in an exact location and posture (standing, crouched, prone) _AND_ with a Waypoint Type and/or Combat Mode / Behaviour?

Re: My Mission Site - Variable - 04-18-2013

Anthropoid, if you want your mission to require no addons, run zero addons when you edit it.
TPWCAS should not be run at all and shouldn't be a requirement. It will come into effect if the user runs it, and won't have an effect if he doesn't.
Run PMC and BAF, that's ok, since their lite versions are part of the official patches.

Thanks Variable. I guess I'll turn off blastcore, cba, tpwcas, mk4 and trueuser as well then.

Based on some limited testing it seems that, using the

Quote:this setPosATL [1824.83,11962.4,0.0605774];this setDir 206.559; this setUnitPos "Middle";

type of Initialization, units spawn in a more-or-less "Hold" type mode even without adding a Hold type waypoint or any "Hold" command.

I set a couple of OPFOR TK inurgents where I want them inside enclosed areas that are not blocked in by closed doors. One TK guy has line of sight out of the enclosed area, and one guy is sort of behind him watching his back from inside a building. An BLUFOR squad is just down the road with a Seek and Destroy Waypoint inside the buildings where the TK guys are positioned.

The TK guy with line of sight on the BLUFOR squad fires first and causes two casualties causing the BLUFOR squad goes into combat mode and hide behind a building across the road.

Despite this initial engagement the two TK guys stayed exactly where they spawned, with one of them staying in his hiding spot (prone) inside a building and peeking out of an open doorway. This is exactly how I want these guys I place in buildings to behave: they stay PUT indefinitely even when they or their allies are engaged by hostiles outside the building they are in and on whom they do not have line of sight.

As long as this behavior is predictable, then I already have what I'm seeking: units placed in specific spots with cover (e.g., inside enclosed areas, or behind sand bags ,etc.) will STAY in that spot and hold it and not just go running around once their allies in the area start getting engaged.

1. My main concern here is that: I setup a bunch of hostile units inside buildings that do not have closed doors.

2. I setup a bunch of other units hostiles as patrols or sentries in the immediate vicinity but not inside buildings.

3. The player squad skulks up to the area and spots the sentries outside the buildings.

4. The player squad engages the exposed targets causing most of the hostile units to go into danger/combat mode.

5. The inside-building guard units I set then move out to start searching for the player squad, thus nullifying all the effort  I put into setting them up inside buildings.

Re: My Mission Site - GG-Viktor Reznov - 06-03-2013

a suggestion if I may.. Put FHQTT's pdf somewhere on your site also or link to it. It includes some things that are needed that your site doesnt go into detail about. For the longest while I thought the sqf file was everything Tongue