Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
What are you listening to now? - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: What are you listening to now? (/showthread.php?tid=2306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: What are you listening to now? - Rund - 08-27-2015

Hmm Chick Quest, checked out some of their songs, I like it.

Every time, before the vocals start, they remind me of The Long Blondes.  Didn't listen to that for a long time, so here it is:

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 08-29-2015

Yeah, not far from that sound, though it's a bit of surprise how Chick Quest sound knowing that Ryan, the band's songwriter, listens to more psychedelic stuff like The Flaming Lips, for example.

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 08-29-2015

Ok, a bit of self-promotion. This is a choir I used to sing in and their only sort of hit song - Jedem ti malter (I'm Eating Your Plaster), which is untranslatable wordplay, that sounds very similar one widely used curse word and can be easily misheard. But people fall for this and feel amused. You can see me and one other guy wrecking old computer cases with metal bars. I had 30+ friends in that choir so it qualifies to be posted here.

Re: What are you listening to now? - kutya - 09-02-2015

I know that song Big Grin

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 09-06-2015

It's nerdcore hommiez!

Quote:Nerdcore is a genre of hip hop music characterized by themes and subject matter considered to be of general interest to nerds. Self-described nerdcore musician MC Frontalot has the earliest known recorded use of the term (to describe this genre) in the 2000 song "Nerdcore Hiphop".[1] Frontalot, like most nerdcore artists, self-publishes his work and has released much of it for free online. As a niche genre, nerdcore generally holds to the DIY ethic, and has a history of self-publishing and self-production.[2]

However, there is even darker genre that came out of it:

Quote:Also in 2005, the new subgenre of geeksta rap (named for gangsta rap) emerged, largely independently of more traditional nerdcore. The difference was in both lyrics and attitude; the geeksta artists (mostly computer scientists) focused on proclaiming their prowess with computers and other technical abilities. This braggadoccio led to the first nerdcore feud, between MC Plus+ and Monzy.[6]

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 09-06-2015

!!!CODE RAGE!!!

[size=1em]It's in an infinite loop[/size]
[size=1em]Don't understand why this condition's true[/size]
[size=1em]I'm changing the variable, with that assignment[/size]
[size=1em]Seems like my code gots a demon inside it (Piece of shit!)[/size]

Re: What are you listening to now? - Variable - 09-07-2015

I occasionally Shazam nice songs that I encounter over the radio when I drive, and I picked this one which is absolutely mesmerising

Re: What are you listening to now? - Valhalian - 09-07-2015

(09-07-2015, 10:06 AM)Variable link Wrote: I occasionally Shazam nice songs that I encounter over the radio when I drive, and I picked this one which is absolutely mesmerising

Wow what a great song! I put it in my favorites list on YT hehe

And one from me...

Re: What are you listening to now? - Rund - 09-07-2015

Calexico... Nice, I should listen to them more.

Something new from the Netherlands: The Mysterons, goes well after listening to Radiohead:

I really like their minor hit "Thunderbird 1", @8:44. But that's the least dreamy song.

Re: What are you listening to now? - kutya - 09-12-2015

Rund, The Mysterons sound inderesting. I especially liked the part around the 7th minute. Also the rhythm changes are awesome. The vocals generally remind me of lemme find. Here:

Re: What are you listening to now? - Rund - 09-14-2015

Glad you like it, I agree, the tempo variations make it much more interesting and strangely addictive to listen to.

That video sounds almost like Kate Bush, I like it Smile

Now, back to the common theme of progressive Rock  8)
9 minutes, but it's worth every second. Take your time for this one!

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 09-14-2015

O cappuccino, o macchiato...

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 09-21-2015

http://akakurdistan.com/kurds/stories/brader/index.html[youtube][font=verdana][size=2]

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 10-04-2015

Obama, I wanna go surfing!

Re: What are you listening to now? - Valhalian - 10-06-2015

(10-04-2015, 03:25 AM)Misha link Wrote: Obama, I wanna go surfing!

This one always makes me smile and snap my fingers to the beat