Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
What are you listening to now? - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: What are you listening to now? (/showthread.php?tid=2306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 05-21-2015

I'm feeling pretty privileged to see this guys play live third year in a row.

Re: What are you listening to now? - Alwarren - 05-22-2015

(05-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Valhalian link Wrote: I think I've heard this song before, but had no idea that the artist was the daughter of Johnny Cash. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention  Wink

The song exists in a number of versions, probably the most commonly known one is the version by Peter, Paul and May.

Quote: And about someones taste being different than that of a majority's: Someone will always appreciate the what you do (even if you sometimes think you're the only one  Smile )

Hehe yeah. The good thing about taste is that there isn't much to argue about Smile

Re: What are you listening to now? - Phantom - 05-24-2015

(05-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Valhalian link Wrote: Someone will always appreciate the what you do (even if you sometimes think you're the only one  Smile )

This is what I'm listening to now...

I'm fine with rap if its old school Tongue I don't like the new crap they have nowadays on the radio. To me the old school ones are fine. Overall, I like metal best though.

Re: What are you listening to now? - Valhalian - 05-24-2015

(05-24-2015, 07:38 AM)Phantom link Wrote: I'm fine with rap if its old school Tongue I don't like the new crap they have nowadays on the radio. To me the old school ones are fine. Overall, I like metal best though.

Now that you mention metal...

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 05-25-2015

(05-24-2015, 07:38 AM)Phantom link Wrote: I'm fine with rap if its old school Tongue I don't like the new crap they have nowadays on the radio. To me the old school ones are fine. Overall, I like metal best though.

If wasn't old enough I would be thinking that hip-hop is all about living in the castles surrounded by silicon boobs and driving expensive cars while at the same time still somehow being pissed for some reason, like that aforementioned things aren't enough for you.

Anyway, I have my own old school favorites, this is one of them, maybe it will sound familiar to you because Ice-Cube sampled it:

Actually, I got know this song thanks to GTA San Andreas. GTA games always had great soundtracks.

Re: What are you listening to now? - Horus - 05-28-2015

My old school favorite... Troglodyte is my favorite  ;D

Re: What are you listening to now? - Phantom - 05-29-2015

A local band in my city. They're playing at a local bar this Saturday but I'm not 21 so can't see them Sad ... its so closeby though.

Re: What are you listening to now? - UnNamedGER - 05-31-2015

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 06-07-2015

Here's my 4 am song. Going to concert tomorrow.

Re: What are you listening to now? - Variable - 06-07-2015

I'm following up on Kutya's recommendations and listening to "Graveyard", which are wonderful. I came across this song, it's my favorite

Re: What are you listening to now? - Misha - 06-08-2015

What amazing concert tonight! 

When I get old I think I'm gonna be like this guy

I'm just gonna spam this topic with Ariel Pink form now on, cheers

Re: What are you listening to now? - Rund - 06-08-2015

Weird guy Misha, but I like his music  Tongue    And I should check out some more of Graveyard, seems nice!

For now, the best cover of a Prodigy song ever (the words of the Prodigy themselves Wink )
Check

And let's do another from De Staat, just becuase they're dutch:

(06-08-2015, 11:35 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: Weird guy Misha, but I like his music  Tongue    And I should check out some more of Graveyard, seems nice!

He's not that guy in the video, that is singer of a punk band The Mau-Mau's who is a bit old. Ariel is about my age and I'm not old yet  Wink [size=1em]Ariel is playing in Holland soon, so if you want it's:[/size]
[color=rgb(59, 89, 152)]21/06 - Best Kept Secret Festival[/color][color=rgb(20, 24, 35)], Hilvarenbeek, NL[/color]
[size=1em]But tonight he's in Tel Aviv, wink, wink.[/size]
[color=rgb(20, 24, 35)]09/06 - [/color][color=rgb(59, 89, 152)]Barby Tel Aviv[/color][color=rgb(20, 24, 35)], Tel Aviv, IS[/color]
[size=1em]I think I may have heard De Staat before, anyway, the name sounds familiar. That Prodigy cover is better than original.[/size]

Re: What are you listening to now? - Rund - 06-08-2015

I figures that out, but he's the guy in the very first video right? He's weird (to my standards) too  Tongue
Too bad I can't make it to most good festivals this year. Damn PhD to finish...  ???