Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Bandicam - Game recording software - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Bandicam - Game recording software (/showthread.php?tid=2293)

Pages: 1 2

Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 12-26-2012

http://www.bandicam.com/

Seems like it's much better than Fraps. I recorded a 7 minute Arma 2 mission with it and it came out only 900 megs. The quality seems good, I can't see any noticeable difference from Frap's. Also it's much easier to handle the recording volumes in it (no need to decrease Fraps volume in the damn Windows mixer each time during record in order to get reasonable own voice volume).

A tip if you use it - if your mic volume is too low, just increase mic boost a bit and it will sort it for good.

Highly recommended!

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Varanon - 12-28-2012

I tried the demo, and noticed one problem with it: The quality is good, but not great due to the on-the-fly compression. I had recorded something with FRAPS (uncompressed) and converted with Virtual Dub to Xvid, and the quality was much better, with similar size as the Bandicam one. Of course, the intermediate uncompressed video was several GB in size :|

I wish FRAPS could do some simple compression like run-length encoding (which basically doesn't cost any overhead).

Can Bandicam use external codecs ?

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 12-30-2012

Funny, I can hardly notice the quality drop although you and also Fap mentioned it's noticeable. I don't know about external codecs.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - doveman - 01-10-2013

Has anyone tried the free apps MSI Afterburner or Radeon Pro, both of which have recording facilities?

Radeon Pro only seems to offer Motion JPEG, whilst Afterburner has MJPG, RTV1 and VFW compression.

I'm interested in how they perform in comparison to Bandicam as that's not free and I don't anticipate doing much recording anyway (mostly short clips for troubleshooting purposes) but it would be useful occasionally. If Bandicam is much better though, particularly in terms of not affecting performance of the game or causing lag, then maybe the free version even with it's limited recording time will be enough for my purposes.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 01-10-2013

Doveman, if what you are after are only taking videos for troubleshooting purposes, the 10 minutes free recording time is more than enough. I use the free version now that my trial has ended to film our games. The watermark is annoying but 10 minutes are more than enough even for this purpose. I just start the recording again before anything interesting happens.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - doveman - 01-10-2013

Thanks Variable. I couldn't see from the website how long the free recording time actually was but 10 minutes will be plenty for me as you say, so I'll check it out.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - blankcache - 01-29-2013

I've used Bandicam and I think its pretty good . Files are smaller but compared to Fraps , the quality isn't the same. Here is a vid I recorded a while back using Xfire    .

Also using a little program called H.264 Encoder doesn't work so well with Bandicam. This program is used to encode/compress file to MP4 format. 1 gb Fraps to about 200mb . Size can vary.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Anthropoid - 04-04-2013

ADDIT-PROBLEM SOLVED-

http://www.bandicam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18

The Bandicam Forum FAQ fixed me up Smile

In order to pick up the mic feed you've got to go into Bandicam

Video TAB -> Record CELL -> Settings -> Secondary Sound Device -> select your mic device

The screen caps in that FAQ thread pretty much should explain it.

I'm going to play with this a bit, but having tried FRAPS just a bit in the past, I think I'll go with this app instead and probably pay for a registered version in the near future.

-=-=-=DISREGARD ORIGINAL POST-=-=-

I have managed to get this nice program running and capture a bit of Arma2 gameplay. However, I'm not capturing my voice. I suppose Bandicam only captures what is transmitting through the game? And so I'd need to speak into the ingame voice channel for it to capture my voice?

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Anthropoid - 04-04-2013

I have used my registered version of Bandicam to make a few Youtube Lets Plays episodes. The shorter videos I captured (5 to 10 min clips of about half a meg in size) have uploaded to Youtube without much problem.

However, a longer clip that I've captured (probably 15 minutes and 1.5 MB) is taking a long time to upload and also has seemingly stalled in uploading a couple times already. I'm concerned that it will keep stalling on me and I might be trying to upload a file that is simply too big.

1. Is there some sort of compression or reformatting option through Bandicam that will reduce this issue?

2. Is there an ability with Bandicam to edit this longer clip into two smaller clips?

3. If neither of the above is a yes, can anyone recommend a good application or strategy for this situation?

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 04-05-2013

1.5 GB (you meant GB, not MB, right?) is rather small for a 15 minutes video. Bandicam already compresses the videos and I don't think there's much more to left compress.
If it's stalling for you it's your connection to blame, not the file size. I have uploaded many videos which are much larger than 1.5 GB without a problem.
What kind of stalling problems are you facing?

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Anthropoid - 04-05-2013

Well for one thing, I initially did not have my Youtube account "verified" and that meant that anything over 15 minutes was not possible.

I'll check with my ISP and see if there is something on my end of the chain that I can do.

Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 03:48 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: Well for one thing, I initially did not have my Youtube account "verified" and that meant that anything over 15 minutes was not possible.

I'll check with my ISP and see if there is something on my end of the chain that I can do.
The 15 minutes limitation is for everybody that have a new account. Once you'll upload some more movies (and you wont infringe any owner rights) your account will be upgraded and the limitation will be removed.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Phantom - 07-12-2013

I got a problem with bandicam. I can preview the recordings I did just fine in VLC media player but when I try to throw the clips into Adobes Premiere to edit them, I hear no sound at all or they sound very messed up.

Bandicam - Game recording software - Variable - 07-13-2013

Maybe the culprit is premier? Try windows movie maker to check.

Re: Bandicam - Game recording software - Rund - 07-13-2013

Try opening them in VirtualDub, if there's something wrong with the file, it will tell you.  If not, you can convert the clips to a standard format using virtualdub or AVS or smth. similar.