Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co37_i44_counter_attack - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co37_i44_counter_attack (/showthread.php?tid=2186)

co37_i44_counter_attack - Zwobot - 03-04-2012

Here's a new mission of mine featuring the I44 mod. It's only tested in singleplayer so far -> there are bound to be bugs like end trigger not working, difficulty too hard or easy etc. So upload to the server at own risk Wink

The briefing:
Quote:I. SITUATION
a) ENEMY
Parts of the 29th Infantry Division haven broken through the defensive positions at the beach unexpectedly quickly and advanced towards Cabourg - Colleville Sur Mer. They now are trying to link-up with their pinned down parts at the beach.
The enemy attacked 1st company's position one hour ago with two infantry companies and achieved a breakthrough which cannot be exploitet yet because the enemy force - like our 1st company - has suffered high casualties. The enemy will commit his second echelon - presumably another infantry company - any minute now.

b) FRIENDLY
The battalion is dug in with main defensive positions to the north. 1st company which was tasked with flank protection was hit hard by the surprising American attack.
The battalion reserve (players), consisting of a platoon HQ, two infantry squads, one engineer squad, a HMG team and a self-propelled infantry gun is assembled for counter attack.

c) WEATHER:
The overcast weather has cleared up since the morning.

II. MISSION
The battalion reserve immediately counter attacks the breakthrough force at 1st company's former position and seizes it in order to restore the battalions right flank before the enemy can commit his second echelon.

III. EXECUTION
At platoon leader's discretion.

IV. SUPPORT
a) MEDICAL
The platoon HQ has a medic attached

b) ARTILLERY
The battalion mortars are firing a barrage at the reference point west of 1st company's position to support the counter attack in one minute.
[Image: b9f252178002245.jpg]

Re: co37_i44_counter_attack - Misha - 03-04-2012

Great! We need more i44 missions, will test it.

Re: co37_i44_counter_attack - Zwobot - 04-21-2012

New version attached to the original post.

Changes:
Added German briefing.html and overview.html

Re: co37_i44_counter_attack - Misha - 04-23-2012

When playing on German side, if you fail to capture the town within time limit there is no point in waiting the counterattack? It was easy to capture the town even when playing alone because mission features high command but counter attack never came. Is it because I didn't do first objective quickly enough? 

Re: co37_i44_counter_attack - Zwobot - 04-23-2012

The counterattack should be triggered either by recapturing the town or after the timelimit has elapsed. How long did you wait after capturing the town?

I'm going to check it next week.

Re: co37_i44_counter_attack - Misha - 04-23-2012

I waited for some 15 minutes after which I attacked the town that is further east. It was occupied so I assumed units from there were supposed to make counterattack. That's where I gave up after I died, but I wonder would clearing the town would make second objective tick anyway.

Just to mention, I played first version of the mission.