Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Joint Operations (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

[Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - wolfenswan - 02-15-2012

Storm over Capraia

Date
25 FEB 2012 - 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET

Briefing and Details
Thread @ ARPS forums

Requirements:
- Island of Capraia (no addons besides the island itself needed)
- Mumble for VOIP
(For easier communication FTLs will need to set up CC for Mumble (very similar to Channel Commander in    TS3), it's explained at the very bottom of this post)

Servers:
ARPS Alt Server - filter for "rps", join "sMODgasbord" password is "rumpus"
Mumble: server.herosquad.org, port [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]64738[/color]

Old Post:
Quote:I've fallen in love with the island of Capraia and decided to build a mission for a big one-shot event on Saturday the 25th of February.

This isn't going to be a joint joint but everyone interested is welcome to join. All the important information can be gathered from this thread on our forums.

The mission will be tailored towards infantry, with small, focused engagements against enemy Infantry and light vehicles. Pilots have to focus on transport and the occasional support, only towards the end of the mission a jet and a K-60 are unlocked.

Due to it's length the mission will feature revive for a set number of times. I'm not 100% what's the best way to implement this, currently i'm favoring that everyone can revive anyone but revived people have to see a medic afterwards.

Feel free to ask questions and put yourself in the spreadsheet linked to in the thread at ARPS.

[Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - Variable - 02-15-2012

Sounds good wolfenswan, although i'm a little fan of respawnvive I hope I will be able to participate. I will make sure to install Capria.
Who's with me?

Re: [Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - wolfenswan - 02-16-2012

I'm no big fan of revive/respawn myself (particularly the latter, I'm probably going to remove it as an option) and I'm primarily trying to implement it as a middleground between the frustration of being killed early in a long mission and the feeling of invincibility you get in stuff like Domination (i.e. death becomes a "non-issue"). As said i'm still tweaking that particular feature. I might just use this script to enhance survability to a small degree.

Re: [Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - mikey - 02-17-2012

Perhaps a ticket system and a low amount of tickets? This way the unlucky people can still respawn and you prevent the domination mentality.

[Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - Variable - 02-17-2012

(02-17-2012, 03:22 PM)mikey link Wrote:Perhaps a ticket system and a low amount of tickets? This way the unlucky people can still respawn and you prevent the domination mentality.
If a ticket means a respawn allocated to the next one who dies then I think mike's idea is great.

Re: [Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - wolfenswan - 02-18-2012

I've updated the OP with the requirements and the server addresses.

If for whatever reason people have problems with Mumble as VOIP we could switch to TS3 if necessary though I prefer Mumble due to it's stability and better overlay.

RE: Ticket system

I like the idea, it could be easily implemented by limiting the number of revives soldiers/medics "can do".

[Event] Storm over Capraia @ ARPS - Variable - 02-25-2012

Damn, I won't be able to make it tonight. Have fun wolfenswan, I hope you'll have a successful night.