Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Joint Operations (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET (/showthread.php?tid=2122)

Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Variable - 11-22-2011

Hi guys, Hund has invited us to the following Zeus event:

Quote:This coming Friday (25NOV2011) Zeus will be hosting our very own cold war era version of the Patrol Ops mission by OCB Australia, and converted for Cold War Rearmed and improved upon by Mangoo. Gaming starts at 2000 hours GMT and you will need the CWR2 demo (see the link below) and whatever clientside addons you usually run.

CWR2 Demo: http://cwr.armedzone.com/download/

Time: 2000 hours GMT
Place: Zeus CWR Server
We usually start our unofficial CWR[sup]2[/sup] session an hour earlier, so if you guys would like we could switch after one hour over to Zeus.
I'll try to get Hund here to explain what is a "Patrol Night"

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - hund - 11-22-2011

From the original developers (OCB Australia):

"Inspired by Takistan Force, Patrol Ops is a 32 Player dynamic, random mission series that is great for both Mass Public Play and Clan Tactical Gaming.

Missions are randomly dynamic, with enemy force strength scaled to match the number of players connected so as to challenge players appropriately.

[...]

A focus on co-operative team based gameplay is the principle of Patrol Ops".

The way it works is that we are assigned a task (from the 22 scenarios available in the mission). Once the task has been completed (or failed) another task is assigned. This continues until we have either completed enough tasks to win the overall mission, or failed enough times to lose the overall mission.

It is kind of like a one-mission multiplayer campaign for dedicated servers, which is why we wanted to take a whole night out to play it.

What we changed is basically the era and locality of the mission, so instead of present-day Takistan you get cold war era Kolgujev, because thats much cooler.

Anyways, I was hoping you guys would like to participate - the more the merrier!

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Zwobot - 11-22-2011

Sounds promising. I'll try to participate but cannot promise.

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Gopher[CD] - 11-22-2011

The mission is for 32 player, without any limitation for slot or weapons.

Gopher aka Mangoo :-)

Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Variable - 11-23-2011

Damn, apparently, we are at my parents in law during the weekend. I won't be able to make it after-all...

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Misha - 11-23-2011

I will try to be there but cannot promise, and even if I do I will not stay after 2200 CET.

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - Variable - 11-23-2011

"When does Zeus Patrol Night start for me?"

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - hund - 11-23-2011

We can shoot it back to an earlier start time if you guys prefer. I kinda pulled 2000 GMT out of my arse, so it is no big matter to change it.  Tongue

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - stoops417 - 11-25-2011

I'm in.  I didn't see server or TS information though.  BTW Variable, I like the time link you provided!

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - hund - 11-25-2011

TS: teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Server: Filter for Zeus and you should get our CWR server

Re: Zeus Patrol Night - Friday, November 25, 21:00 CET - stoops417 - 11-27-2011

This was great fun!  Thanks Zeus for inviting us along, I'm sure this mission isn't for everyone but I had an excellent time running support tasks.  Hopefully in the future we can get more people for it, In Arma it seems that the more players we have, the fun goes up exponentially.